NFZ unlock not working
8832 27 2019-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_C5yg8bux2KWb
lvl.1

South Africa

Hi all.. it seems my unlock not working on M2ED.

I self-unlocked it via website.. but no certificate showing in DJI pilot app.. it does show in the DJI GO4 app but the app doesnt work with the M2ED .. so theres no way to transfer it to aircraft

Please help anyone
2019-4-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry for the troubles on self-unlocking the NFZ, we see the Fly Safe Team has replied your email and escalated to the technical team for further information, the team will keep following up, hope the issue will be figured out soon.
2019-4-14
Use props
Damager
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9052 ft
United States

I have the same issue all of a sudden - I go through the self unlock procedure in DJI Go on the phone, and it says "Unlocked", but then when I go to take off it simply goes right back to the NFZ and unlock process again.  Did you figure this out yet?
2019-4-15
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

Did this happen after you guys updated the precise fly safe database update ?
2019-4-15
Use props
Damager
lvl.4
United States

Not sure.  There seem to be frequent updates to that database, so perhaps.  Seems strange that a DB change would make the unlock stop working (even though it seems to complete successfully).
2019-4-15
Use props
Damager
lvl.4
United States

Tried again today, and it worked fine.  Very strange.
2019-4-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Damager Posted at 4-16 16:57
Tried again today, and it worked fine.  Very strange.

Hi, thanks for the update. We're glad that it works fine now upon trying it again. Sorry for the inconvenience that you had. Thank you for continued support.
2019-4-17
Use props
bryn7471
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25118 ft
United States

I have the same problem with unlocking.  I unlock via cell phone text code through website.  It says its good to go.  Take drone outside to fly then I get the unlock screen, check off the 3 boxes, and says unlock successful.  Then I try to fly and it keeps asking for unlock again & again.  Even tried rebooting multiple times, no luck.... So then what I have been doing is shutting it off for a few hours then turn on again, then it allows me to fly, finally!  This has been going on for over a year.  Why is the DJI self unlock been horrible for the past year?
2019-7-25
Use props
SullyS
lvl.1

Spain

Hi, I cannot unlock the NFZ on the Pilot app. It was working fine until a couple of weeks ago. I've tried the solutions that I have read on the forum but no success. I have also applied for a custom unlock for a restricted area where I will be working next month (approval granted after letter submitted) but it is not showing up on my unlock menu on the app.
2019-7-30
Use props
SullyS
lvl.1

Spain

SullyS Posted at 7-30 23:58
Hi, I cannot unlock the NFZ on the Pilot app. It was working fine until a couple of weeks ago. I've tried the solutions that I have read on the forum but no success. I have also applied for a custom unlock for a restricted area where I will be working next month (approval granted after letter submitted) but it is not showing up on my unlock menu on the app.

I am going to be using the M2ED to test its functionality for a large enterprise that intends on purchasing a large number of these systems based on the outcome of the test. Therefore, no being able to fly it will be an issue.
2019-7-30
Use props
djiuser_yITbng7knZ7E
lvl.1

Czechia

Hello, we have Mavic 2ED and we are not able to unlock NFZ via sent certificate in DJI Pilot app, resp. we are not able to take-off in the NFZ. In DJI Pilot app is the certificate shown in the list of Other Unlocking certificates as valid, list of Aircraft's Unlocking Certificates is impty. Any advices? Thank you for your answer.
2020-2-6
Use props
fans4178fac8
New

United States

Self unlock never works anymore. 5 hours and 12 attempts of trying. Just says unlocked and then loops back. What’s the issue here!!!?
2020-2-9
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans4178fac8 Posted at 2-9 14:37
Self unlock never works anymore. 5 hours and 12 attempts of trying. Just says unlocked and then loops back. What’s the issue here!!!?

Turn everything on,

Tap the 3 dots in the app

Go to Unlocking License

Tap on "Aircraft"

Turn OFF any licenses that are turned on

See how that goes........

Randy
2020-2-12
Use props
tyrelljason0gmail.com
lvl.1
United States

Mine kept telling me that the unlock was successful and then prompt me to click yes but once I click yes it brought me right back to square one asking me to unlock and this is a place I've flown before, first time it was not working and I had to go get Wi-Fi once I did that it's still was not working until I updated the Geo maps which I think is the database  that is being mentioned, it took right off but then about two weeks later I went to fly the exact same route taking off from the exact same place for reshoots and the thing is a $2,000 paper weight, finally after I keep attempting to unlock and turning the thing on and off about 90 times it worked but almost cost me the gig, also told me that autonomous features were disable which did not happeN the first time around, making me think I was better off with my old DRONE, WHY DID WE SPEND ALL THIS MONEY AGAIN!?!? ITS A DAMN 2000$ PAPER WEIGHT MOST OF THE time!!!!
2020-2-15
Use props
Zakkaari Rokkanno
New

New Zealand

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-4-14 19:37
Hi there, sorry for the troubles on self-unlocking the NFZ, we see the Fly Safe Team has replied your email and escalated to the technical team for further information, the team will keep following up, hope the issue will be figured out soon.

I have applied online for my first ever unlock certificate to fly in authorization zone - said successful

on app - check & refresh Unlocking Licence list

comes up....

No Unlocking Certificate

whats up here?
2020-2-15
Use props
Tony Faz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2379 ft
United States

DJI should have a blanket unlock form to unlock a drone completely.  It is completely unacceptable for those that use their aircraft legally to not be able to take off due to restrictions put into place by a non-authority.
2020-3-2
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Zakkaari Rokkanno Posted at 2-15 22:25
I have applied online for my first ever unlock certificate to fly in authorization zone - said successful

on app - check & refresh Unlocking Licence list

WiFi Hot spot and log into your DJI account and try again.

Randy
2020-3-2
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Simple answer, get rid of the MP2 and get the MP1, all the NFZ's can be removed quite easily with a little knowledge, then there is no need to try and use DJI's busted system
2020-3-3
Use props
CDobby
lvl.1
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 2-12 12:47
Turn everything on,

Randy!  Thanks it worked... Too bad I had to wait til I got home and missed awesome footage today!
2020-3-15
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

CDobby Posted at 3-15 18:56
Randy!  Thanks it worked... Too bad I had to wait til I got home and missed awesome footage today!

Happy to help!!

Randy
https://www.facebook.com/aerial.traffica
2020-3-16
Use props
Loreto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5483068 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Kingram Posted at 2019-4-15 14:38
Did this happen after you guys updated the precise fly safe database update ?

I have updated  the precise fly safe database update and the problem is :
www.dji.com/flysafe/geosystem/unlock page is not available, it gives 404 error
I can´t unlock a local blue NFZ I need , in order to have a job done.
2020-5-2
Use props
marekmk7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 407247 ft
New Zealand

Loreto Posted at 5-2 06:31
I have updated  the precise fly safe database update and the problem is :
www.dji.com/flysafe/geosystem/unlock page is not available, it gives 404 error
I can´t unlock a local blue NFZ I need , in order to have a job done.

same issue, tried for over 1 hour and was unlocked eventually
2020-12-17
Use props
djiuser_m4ioFUoDmhoI
lvl.1

United States

I am having the same issue with the M2 ED. I unlocked with Self-Unlock and Custom Unlock. The DJI Pilot app sees the Unlocking Certificate, I toggle it on, but nothing changes. When I try to fly, it still says NFZ, cannot take-off. Any advice?  
2021-4-14
Use props
djiuser_m4ioFUoDmhoI
lvl.1

United States

I am having the same issue.
2021-4-14
Use props
fans0a35a463
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Me too is having the same issues so exactly what is the quick sure fix for this issue?  It is VERY frustrating to repeatedly have to deal with this most every time I want to fly!
2022-4-12
Use props
fans77d53e68
lvl.2
Flight distance : 356348 ft
United States

I had same issue today, despite app repeatedly saying it was unlocked. Had to go to website and request unlock. Then it worked. DJI, why offer a broken feature. Time wasted. Unsatisfactory outcome. I will continue looking for alternate US based drone, maybe skydio.
2022-7-6
Use props
fans77d53e68
lvl.2
Flight distance : 356348 ft
United States

I had same issue today, on m2pro despite app repeatedly saying it was unlocked. Had to go to website and request unlock. Then it worked. DJI, why offer a broken feature. Time wasted. Unsatisfactory outcome. I will continue looking for alternate US based drone, maybe skydio.
2022-7-6
Use props
fans2477715f
New

United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 2020-2-12 12:47
Turn everything on,

This worked for me. Thank you.
2023-6-2
Use props
Advanced