12Next >
3108 43 2019-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vascoarmartins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45394 ft
Germany

Hi to all... I love my Air but many times I have connection issues to start using it but now after the last update is not connecting with the remote neither via wifi!

Please advise what should I do to make it work again and I hope DJi is working on the stability of this issue, sometimes I run a full battery just trying to connect the drone !

Thank you for any advise in advance
Vasco Martins
2019-4-14
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Make certain your software and firmware are loaded ok. To connect, you gotta power up sequenced and patiently await bootup each device:
1)phone
2)drone
3)rc
Then apk auto loads
Then banner chks versions compatible and current
Then "GOFLY" permissivity link avail
2019-4-14
Use props
brycesingh
New

Russia

Have anyone also faced this issue? I tried it a lot to solve this but didn't get anything.
2019-4-15
Use props
Cepheroh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1691959 ft

Singapore

I am not going to update to this new firmware unless DJI sorted out this connection issue reported. Anyways I don't fly to Panama!
2019-4-15
Use props
Jagudelo1964
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1483 ft
Guatemala

same problem, i am traveling in guatemala and had the same problem. tried all forms of connection! after las updates wifi is not turning on. Ask for help DJI but nothing yet. Frustrating
2019-4-15
Use props
vascoarmartins
lvl.2
Germany

Thank you for all the replies..... I did all updates with the mac soft assistant and before was a list on the previous upgrades and now it only shows v01.00.0620 even is I factory reset it !

This is a really bad situation, the dron does not connect with wifi or remote at all!

Please post solutions if any
Best regards
Vasco
2019-4-15
Use props
Jagudelo1964
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1483 ft
Colombia

I am back to Colombia. checked on my geo zone and is ok now, however I cant get any connection on my drone wifi. It is not turning on its wifi transmission. i have requested service from dji, but has not been possible
2019-4-23
Use props
DSwan
New
United States

I have the very same problem since the update. dji customer service tried to help but we wound up concluding that I have to send it in to repair. Note: my bird wound up stuck in diagnostic mode after the update and crippling it from re-linking using any method.
2019-4-23
Use props
vascoarmartins
lvl.2
Germany

DSwan Posted at 4-23 17:54
I have the very same problem since the update. dji customer service tried to help but we wound up concluding that I have to send it in to repair. Note: my bird wound up stuck in diagnostic mode after the update and crippling it from re-linking using any method.

Thank you for the reply, how can I send mine to repair as well?
No it doesn't even connects with wifi !!

thank you for any help
Vasco
2019-4-25
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

Seems like DJI screwed up with this update. There are plenty reports of Mavic Air having all sorts of issues right after last update.

DJI should ask local leprechaun to write another childish digest on what to do with bricked Mavic Air after official update.
2019-4-25
Use props
vascoarmartins
lvl.2
Germany

3BEPb Posted at 4-25 12:33
Seems like DJI screwed up with this update. There are plenty reports of Mavic Air having all sorts of issues right after last update.

DJI should ask local leprechaun to write another childish digest on what to do with bricked Mavic Air after official update.

Hi, thanks for the update, is any way to downgrade the firmware or do you know any solution ?

best regards
2019-4-25
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

No way to roll back. You can try to flush it. Or wait till their issue new update. Mind boggling that stuff like this can happen
2019-4-25
Use props
vascoarmartins
lvl.2
Germany

3BEPb Posted at 4-25 12:46
No way to roll back. You can try to flush it. Or wait till their issue new update. Mind boggling that stuff like this can happen

it used to be possible to downgrade with the assist, I can do it to the remote but when I connect the air to the mac it doesn't show downgrade options anymore!!

And as soon you connect with the app you're forced to update so... no options at all!!

when are they going to fix this.. I need the drone for work related stuff!

best regards and thank you for the replies.
2019-4-25
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

fwiw, theres two alleged faultings from firmware, not necessarily owed to the 620 alone.

i ran into signal lost close radius once updating the apk to ver14 and battery algorithm fw.

however, even with rolled back craft fw300 and rc fw200, close radius signal lost persists (which still can be considered as caused by recent changes in the metropolis broadcasting ?)

i have not attempted to fw620 panama.

i have not ever run into inability rc pairing. the mavic air and rc ALWAYS PAIR UP.  the pairing sequence procedure is the same way outlined earlier: energize craft, wait for its horn, energize phone, wait until phone readied, finally energize rc, wait for automatic loading of apk djigo4, observe version status server checks, then lower blue banner prompts you "GO FLY" so you click it to enter flight prechks, then you chk that comprehensive chklist, if all ok then exit chklist into flight screen, if none warns, then you can start props
2019-4-25
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Dude even mods here won’t give you an exact answer so the rest is speculation. Look into plan B.
2019-4-25
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

cutis Posted at 4-25 12:54
fwiw, theres two alleged faultings from firmware, not necessarily owed to the 620 alone.

i ran into signal lost close radius once updating the apk to ver14 and battery algorithm fw.
Funny thing and I posted it in firmware update thread.
When I tried to update my DJI GO 4 app did not detect any updates and did not run any updates for Mavic Air.

2019-4-25
Use props
vascoarmartins
lvl.2
Germany

cutis Posted at 4-25 12:54

i ran into signal lost close radius once updating the apk to ver14 and battery algorithm fw.

Thank you for the reply,

so you don't hold the back button until a sound to connect the remote?
your remote connects directly without doing any search ... could you please describe your boot up sequence in clear steps.

thank you in advance
2019-4-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

vascoarmartins Posted at 4-25 12:51
it used to be possible to downgrade with the assist, I can do it to the remote but when I connect the air to the mac it doesn't show downgrade options anymore!!

And as soon you connect with the app you're forced to update so... no options at all!!

You’ve obviously run into the biggest troll on this forum, he’s here to try creating hysteria, you looked for help, he gave you none just heartache, unfortunately he does this all over this forum, you can check out his experience flying and you will see what he knows you could write on the back of a postage stamp.

If your having problems connection , first refresh FW on RC then recalibrate RC , you can also try connecting manually before entering go fly page of app .
2019-4-25
Use props
vascoarmartins
lvl.2
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 4-25 13:06
You’ve obviously run into the biggest troll on this forum, he’s here to try creating hysteria, you looked for help, he gave you none just heartache, unfortunately he does this all over this forum, you can check out his experience flying and you will see what he knows you could write on the back of a postage stamp.

If your having problems connection , first refresh FW on RC then recalibrate RC , you can also try connecting manually before entering go fly page of app .

Hi, Thank you for the heads up and sorry if I'm stressing about this issue but I need my AIR for video work and I already lost a job because of this issue!

Could you please guide me through how to calibrate everything and make it connect?

Thank you in advance for the patience.
2019-4-25
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

3BEPb Posted at 4-25 12:59
Funny thing and I posted it in firmware update thread.
When I tried to update my DJI GO 4 app did not detect any updates and did not run any updates for Mavic Air.

Apk ver14 is not desired. Apk ver12 is desired. In dec2018 i used apk ver12 very good behavior.  ver12 came into the cellphone at that time directly from china server. it prescribed specialized phone usb privileges developers mode. nougat had to manually permit "non playstore application installation". it worked flawless.  but since nougat had defaulted notifications, i obeyed the updating notifications and incurred signal lost close radius consistent. entity voiced two major boards replaced though both devices are new and diff serials. close radius signal lost recurs still. so this means the zone has changed, greater interfere. i do not believe the replaced devices are bad. they would have screened that.

about that pairing using craft butt button, no, i never ever touch that button. when replaced devices arrived, there was a chartreuse flamboyant colored instruct sheet attesting to your button pairing of craft and drone. but when i energized sequentially as said, the screen prompted
2019-4-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

vascoarmartins Posted at 4-25 13:14
Hi, Thank you for the heads up and sorry if I'm stressing about this issue but I need my AIR for video work and I already lost a job because of this issue!

Could you please guide me through how to calibrate everything and make it connect?

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=130974

You should find all tutorials for Mavic Air here on this link, to refresh RC FW just follow instructions on Assistant
2019-4-25
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Thought I saw this done before.  Can't DJI provide OP with a special version Mavic Air Update-Firmware that will get around this problem?
2019-4-25
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

vascoarmartins Posted at 4-25 13:14

Was Pairing Mavic Air to R.C. successful?
2019-4-25
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

That would require them doing actual work.
2019-4-25
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

the screen prompted pairing so i clicked it and success. then the usual brand spanking new protocols: non-CE country so change of leashing, activate aircraft, name aircraft, specify account, insurance coverage request, and generalized beginner mode advisory, mode2 default.
so in short, i did not ever experience pairing lockout
2019-4-25
Use props
vascoarmartins
lvl.2
Germany

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 4-25 13:33
Thought I saw this done before.  Can't DJI provide OP with a special version Mavic Air Update-Firmware that will get around this problem?

Hi, I've seen all these videos and followed everything and no luck at all.

I don't understand how is not possible to make a hard reset on the drone itself !!

Now is not sending any wifi, is not connecting to the rc only to the assist that even in factory reset still continuous with the same issues!
2019-4-25
Use props
vascoarmartins
lvl.2
Germany

cutis Posted at 4-25 13:30
Apk ver14 is not desired. Apk ver12 is desired. In dec2018 i used apk ver12 very good behavior.  ver12 came into the cellphone at that time directly from china server. it prescribed specialized phone usb privileges developers mode. nougat had to manually permit "non playstore application installation". it worked flawless.  but since nougat had defaulted notifications, i obeyed the updating notifications and incurred signal lost close radius consistent. entity voiced two major boards replaced though both devices are new and diff serials. close radius signal lost recurs still. so this means the zone has changed, greater interfere. i do not believe the replaced devices are bad. they would have screened that.

about that pairing using craft butt button, no, i never ever touch that button. when replaced devices arrived, there was a chartreuse flamboyant colored instruct sheet attesting to your button pairing of craft and drone. but when i energized sequentially as said, the screen prompted

Hi, so you sent yours back and they replaced the component !

just because of a firmware update !! and now it works ??

I don’t understand how is not possible to make a hard reset on the drone itself!
2019-4-25
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

vascoarmartins Posted at 4-25 13:48

I don't understand how is not possible to make a hard reset on the drone itself !!

It isn't, but for some reason DJI hasn't.  

Working with problematic DJI products is very frustrating.  Past experience with DJI support has also been frustrating to fruitless effort.

2019-4-25
Use props
vascoarmartins
lvl.2
Germany

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 4-25 13:57
I don't understand how is not possible to make a hard reset on the drone itself !!

It isn't, but for some reason DJI hasn't.  

So basically there is no solution !! just need to wait until one new firmware update fixes the problem the same way that it broke it !!

I would just hope I could go to the last functional update ... that is all I wanted
2019-4-25
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

vascoarmartins Posted at 4-25 14:11
So basically there is no solution !! just need to wait until one new firmware update fixes the problem the same way that it broke it !!

I would just hope I could go to the last functional update ... that is all I wanted

You can try asking DJI Support to provide you with a one-off update-firmware that might get your Mavic Air to where it was before update that resulted in Door-Stop.

No guarantees.  Worst case, a No and some lost time.
2019-4-25
Use props
vascoarmartins
lvl.2
Germany

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 4-25 14:15
You can try asking DJI Support to provide you with a one-off update-firmware that might get your Mavic Air to where it was before update that resulted in Door-Stop.

No guarantees.  Worst case, a No and some lost time.

thank you all for the help,

I'll try to contact them ... otherwise I'm going to the anafi on my next upgrade
2019-4-25
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

As you can see "feel better" leprechaun looking dog trying hard to please his  owners for a few extra dji points. Ask yourself was his solution useful? Was it something new? Clown will be clown.
2019-4-25
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

vascoarmartins Posted at 4-25 13:51
Hi, so you sent yours back and they replaced the component !

just because of a firmware update !! and now it works ??

vasco, entity prescribed that servicing as my signal lost at close radius consistently, being so weird, pairing eight and half thousand radius. both device replaced. i do not know the prescribe rationale "replaced two primary boards" whether servicing means another aircraft had its boards removed to implant replacement boards, then that aircraft dealt me. i chk'd the factory dates though of replaced devices, dec and nov 2018 so their inherent fw is the earlier ones which is promising because it shows my zone has incredibly skyrocketted with civilian and govt interfere, yes unlucky i live honolulu
2019-4-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

vascoarmartins Posted at 4-25 13:48

I don't understand how is not possible to make a hard reset on the drone itself !!

Have you calibrated your RC, can you post a short video of how you are trying to connect , There are many cases like yours on this forum almost all of them have been sorted without having to send into repair centre .
2019-4-25
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

more bad news for this failed firmware
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... 620-released.63125/
2019-4-25
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

3BEPb Posted at 4-25 14:59
more bad news for this failed firmware
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/new-firmware-v01-00-0620-released.63125/

Yet another case of why not to update.  I don't remember any update bringing me, the pilot, the owner, the customer, a benefit.  Several updates of, it will address this or that problem, and didn't.
Same with Assistant-2, persistently problematic.
2019-4-25
Use props
DSwan
New
United States

vascoarmartins Posted at 4-25 12:29
Thank you for the reply, how can I send mine to repair as well?
No it doesn't even connects with wifi !!

go to the repair page on the website and request a repair ticket. you will be asked for the reason and you will be sent a shipping label to send it to them.
2019-4-26
Use props
vascoarmartins
lvl.2
Germany

DSwan Posted at 4-26 14:55
go to the repair page on the website and request a repair ticket. you will be asked for the reason and you will be sent a shipping label to send it to them.

Thank you... just did that, lets see if it works
2019-4-27
Use props
Haroonsays
New
Flight distance : 44111 ft
United Kingdom

i am having a similar problem, its connected as normal all good after the update except the connection keeps cutting out mid flight couldnt even get a single picture of one spot only 300m away after 3 batteries wasted my whole day
2019-4-29
Use props
vascoarmartins
lvl.2
Germany

Haroonsays Posted at 4-29 02:18
i am having a similar problem, its connected as normal all good after the update except the connection keeps cutting out mid flight couldnt even get a single picture of one spot only 300m away after 3 batteries wasted my whole day

Sorry for that... is really frustrating right !

What do you plan to do ??
2019-4-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules