FAA ID card
6459 10 2019-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Goldchucker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 512 ft
United States

I did a search via the search icon and can not find any information on the FAA manditory drone pilot ID card.  Is there such a card?   If so, who issues it?  I don't want to pay some 3rd party if the FAA issues them upon request.
Thank you,
Chuck

2019-4-14
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

What do you mean by pilot ID card? You either register(a must) or you get your part 107 certificate.
2019-4-14
Use props
ting-ting
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5871467 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you already registered your drone you should be able to print out your registration, it already has your name on it. You should keep that in your wallet
2019-4-14
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 4-14 16:22
What do you mean by pilot ID card? You either register(a must) or you get your part 107 certificate.

CFDD94CA-D6D8-45F6-89A0-3E166B97902B.jpeg
18379D47-F8DC-4A3A-99F2-429CAC255D94.jpeg
2019-4-14
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
United States

I believe what I saw, as posted below, is a scam by a 3rd party to get me to pay $22.00 for something I can make up myself.  Thanks for the input on this matter.

[[drone-registration-id-cardFlight ID
Flight Identification Card
$22.00

The Flight Identification card contains your Federal Aviation Administration sUAS Certificate of Registration information along with your photograph. You are required to carry a form of the Certificate of Registration when operating your drone or sUAS.

Quantity
Order Now
Description
Product Description
Flight ID card contains your (FAA) Federal Aviation Administration sUAS Certificate of Registration information along with your photograph.
Card Front: Contains the Certificate Holder Name, UAS Certificate Number, with Issuance Date and Expiration Date.
Card Back: Includes Important FAA Restrictions and Safety Guidelines.

*You must have previously registered your sUAS and have a valid Certificate of Registration.
*You will be required to have some form of your FAA registration certificate in your possession when operating your unmanned aircraft.
*Card design subject to change without notice.

Flight Identification Card was last modified: August 24th, 2018 by Staff]]
2019-4-14
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
United States

ting-ting Posted at 4-14 18:50
If you already registered your drone you should be able to print out your registration, it already has your name on it. You should keep that in your wallet

That is exactly what I did.  Free is good.
Thank you.
2019-4-14
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Goldchucker Posted at 4-14 19:12
I believe what I saw, as posted below, is a scam by a 3rd party to get me to pay $22.00 for something I can make up myself.  Thanks for the input on this matter.

Looks like a scam for sure. I have never seen or heard of such a thing.

I paid $5 to register my drones which is placed on the arm of both of my birds and

paid $150 to get my 107 certificate if your paying for anything else don't.
2019-4-14
Use props
djiuser_kPxACLKQhPe9
New

United States

I completely understand your confusion about the FAA drone pilot ID card. It can be frustrating when searching for information and not finding clear answers.
2023-6-7
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_kPxACLKQhPe9 Posted at 6-7 12:03
I completely understand your confusion about the FAA drone pilot ID card. It can be frustrating when searching for information and not finding clear answers.

Why would you dust off a thread from 2019 like that?
2023-6-7
Use props
PattyFalcon
lvl.1

United States

2023-6-20
Use props
PattyFalcon
lvl.1

United States

PattyFalcon Posted at 6-20 06:49

While I was browsing online, I came across the Maryland Fake ID website, which can be helpful in some rare situations.
Regarding the FAA ID card, it is indeed a legitimate requirement for drone pilots. The FAA issues these ID cards upon request, and you shouldn't have to pay a third party for it. To get accurate and up-to-date information, it's best to visit the official FAA website or reach out to them directly.
Remember, it's always important to follow the proper procedures and regulations when it comes to drone piloting.
2023-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules