Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 pro dropping out of sky into lake
2315 23 2019-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_4zqrLbD3cWqC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40889 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

Just wanting to share this info and see has anyone else had similar issues.
I was flying around a fishing lake using the intelligent flight modes. I cant remember exactly if I was changing between modes at the time but basically the drone was stationary in a hover above the lake, made some sort of noise and dropped like a stone into the water. I sent all the logs etc to support who say that the log ends with no information on why it failed. It was only 20 or 30ft in air , virtually no wind or birds about either. Either it hadnt time to transmit its last log or something electronically failed. The battery was like 80% also.  Apparently the dji care refresh package I purchased is useless also unless I can actually recover the drone. I’ve already spent a week trying to find it in the lake. Hopefully when I get diver back next time he has more luck

2019-4-15
Use props
Far_North
lvl.4
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

Well that sucks.  I would think a diver will have a good chance to find it.  Keep us posted.
2019-4-15
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Yup. Needs to be retrieved for logs. Sorry to hear about your drone loss!
2019-4-15
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Sorry to hear about your loss. We had another user just last week report the same type of problem. Seems this has been a recurring problem since the M2P was released. Hopefully DJI will address it in the near future.
2019-4-15
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1680082 ft
United Kingdom

Yes mine did the same, but only fell a metre on to some sharp gravel, i was sort of lucky, had to use my DJI refresh to get it back from DJI with a Warranty, it had a few scratches on it from the gravel, they said they could find nothing wrong with it, even though the flight record just stopped like yours, I have got the local Trading standards involved, at the time no other Mavic 2s where failing so I had no evidence that there was a fault,  other people have posted on the forum about this Issue..
2019-4-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, good day. We're so sorry to know about the problem. If you have any concern regarding your existing case please don't hesitate to reach us and we are more than happy to help you.
2019-4-15
Use props
djiuser_4zqrLbD3cWqC
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-15 09:33
Hi, good day. We're so sorry to know about the problem. If you have any concern regarding your existing case please don't hesitate to reach us and we are more than happy to help you.

The existing case has been left that there was nothing logged after the point of failure and I need to recover it basically or pay for another with 30% discount. Maybe you can help me understand why there was no data recorded after the failure. Does the device constantly send the log while connected or burst transmit the log every second or so?

I am waiting on a diver coming to search the lake again, if it’s found can a more detailed log be retrieved from the drone itself and if it’s found to be faulty does dji cover my expenses?

I’m pretty devasted over this, the main reason I bought it was for my holiday to Iceland on the 17th with my 11year old boy. Now we’re going to have to make do with iPhone pics on a selfie stick
2019-4-15
Use props
djiuser_4zqrLbD3cWqC
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-15 09:33

The existing case has been left that there was nothing logged after the point of failure and I need to recover it basically or pay for another with 30% discount. Maybe you can help me understand why there was no data recorded after the failure. Does the device constantly send the log while connected or burst transmit the log every second or so?

I am waiting on a diver coming to search the lake again, if it’s found can a more detailed log be retrieved from the drone itself and if it’s found to be faulty does dji cover my expenses?

I’m pretty devasted over this, the main reason I bought it was for my holiday to Iceland on the 17th with my 11year old boy. Now we’re going to have to make do with iPhone pics on a selfie stick
2019-4-15
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1680082 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_4zqrLbD3cWqC Posted at 4-15 10:08

I am waiting on a diver coming to search the lake again, if it’s found can a more detailed log be retrieved from the drone itself and if it’s found to be faulty does dji cover my expenses?

I reckon because the battery switched off, when mine did it in front of me it just went dead like the battery disconnected ,i can't prove it because the flight log stopped
2019-4-15
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Folks over at Mavic Pilots are really good at reading logs and tracking what happened.  Maybe they can see something independently.  Maybe they can tell how far above the lake, power failed or it stopped recording which might suggest a battery failure if you did not directly plunge it into the lake.

Sorry about your loss.  
2019-4-15
Use props
dronespilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very sorry to hear the loss of your M2P! I’ve never heard about a similar issue and I hope your case resolves soon
2019-4-15
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

State farm personal articles policy would of covered this  loss ,  hopefully you live in a area where you can add  it to your next Drone. $60 to $70 a year with no deductable and you don't have to recover it just need proof of purchase.
2019-4-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_4zqrLbD3cWqC Posted at 4-15 10:08

I am waiting on a diver coming to search the lake again, if it’s found can a more detailed log be retrieved from the drone itself and if it’s found to be faulty does dji cover my expenses?

The data analysis is based on the flight records, we're sorry that it is not available to tell what happened since the flight records interrupted suddenly. I managed to get your case number via the forum information and escalated to the management for better assistance, they will review and contact you during the working time soon.
2019-4-15
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Keep pressing and don't give up!
2019-4-16
Use props
fansbdd974da
lvl.1
United States

My new Dji mavic pro platinum just did the same thing. I was in a park flying it and it fell. Sunny day, charged batteries, no birds. Just lost connection. Said something about sd card slot. I’ve heard there are errors with the card slots. My we card wouldn’t come out when I got mine. Had to have Best Buy put one in to be safe. I don’t recommend buying Dji. I spent 2400$ last month on Dji stuff. I’m sure they’re gonna make me pay for it even though it should be covered under general warranty. We will see what this company is made of on how they deal with this. I have no confidence in flying these things now. They just drop out of the sky for no reason.
2019-4-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fansbdd974da Posted at 4-18 02:33
My new Dji mavic pro platinum just did the same thing. I was in a park flying it and it fell. Sunny day, charged batteries, no birds. Just lost connection. Said something about sd card slot. I’ve heard there are errors with the card slots. My we card wouldn’t come out when I got mine. Had to have Best Buy put one in to be safe. I don’t recommend buying Dji. I spent 2400$ last month on Dji stuff. I’m sure they’re gonna make me pay for it even though it should be covered under general warranty. We will see what this company is made of on how they deal with this. I have no confidence in flying these things now. They just drop out of the sky for no reason.

Hi there, we are sorry for the crash accident, our data analysis team will make the objective analysis according to the data you provide and provide the proper resolution, if you have any concern during this process, please keep us updated with the case number.
2019-4-18
Use props
fansbdd974da
lvl.1
United States

Ok thank you. I just bought me and my son a mavic pro platinum and spark also I ordered the headset this last week. We were gonna start a business and this really scared me. I really feel there was an error and it should be covered once the flight data and video is analyzed. Thank you
2019-4-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansbdd974da Posted at 4-22 12:43
Ok thank you. I just bought me and my son a mavic pro platinum and spark also I ordered the headset this last week. We were gonna start a business and this really scared me. I really feel there was an error and it should be covered once the flight data and video is analyzed. Thank you

I managed to get the case number via your Forum account, the data analysis is on process, if more data is needed, our support team will contact you, hope it will be figured out soon.
2019-4-22
Use props
fansbdd974da
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-22 19:39
I managed to get the case number via your Forum account, the data analysis is on process, if more data is needed, our support team will contact you, hope it will be figured out soon.

Thank you.
2019-4-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

You are welcome. Please keep us updated if you need any assistance.
2019-4-23
Use props
fansbdd974da
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-23 00:24
You are welcome. Please keep us updated if you need any assistance.

My craft did the same thing. They will claim they can not recover the data. They won’t help you. These things are really dangerous and can hurt people. They will fall for no reason.  Check out my clip. https://youtu.be/yZiT8VuyGHE
2019-4-25
Use props
fansbdd974da
lvl.1
United States

fansbdd974da Posted at 4-22 22:49
Thank you.

So they said they cannot recover any data. This really upsets me. I’ve only flown this one a few times. I feel they should at least let me buy insurance and cover it. It’s clearly a malfunction and said that after the crash. I just paid 2400$ for your stuff in 1 month. I think everyone needs to see this clip so they know how dangerous and costly this is. https://youtu.be/yZiT8VuyGHE
2019-4-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansbdd974da Posted at 4-25 12:56
So they said they cannot recover any data. This really upsets me. I’ve only flown this one a few times. I feel they should at least let me buy insurance and cover it. It’s clearly a malfunction and said that after the crash. I just paid 2400$ for your stuff in 1 month. I think everyone needs to see this clip so they know how dangerous and costly this is. https://youtu.be/yZiT8VuyGHE

Hi there, sorry to know the warranty service cannot be provided, upon checking the case, the flight logs were missing or overwritten on Flight Controller, and you reinstalled the APP on your mobile device before syncing the flight records to the server, there is no data we can analyze.
DJI Care Refresh can only be purchased before you activate the drone or within 48 hours after the activation, otherwise, the video will need to be provided to verify the drone is still good and working condition, apparently, the drone was damaged and the DJI Care Refresh is unable to be purchased.

We are very sorry for this situation, but only the video without the flight data still cannot verify the crash reason, I see you have paid for the repair, please make sure to keep the flight records in the future flight.
2019-4-25
Use props
camellia
New

Indonesia

Hopefully you find it amen.

canon drivers
2019-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules