Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Urgent Stop Mode: Always x Breakdown: what is the difference?
4731 11 2019-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZmaroSobrinho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7058809 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I would like to understand the difference between these two options.
I've always heard that the drone shuts off the motors if you hold the sticks down for 3 seconds inner OR outer, but I never had the guts to test.
I found this setting and did not understand the difference between the options.

would it be that in "always" it turns off the engine if I do the commendos, and "breakdown" only if the drone has crashed?  But how does he know if it crashed?

upl.jpg
2019-4-15
Use props
ZmaroSobrinho
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

2019-4-15
Use props
Knobbynomates
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18504 ft
United Kingdom

If your motors are running then either of these methods will stop all the motors - if you are flying you will fall out of the sky like a brick
2019-4-15
Use props
Daystrom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 857162 ft
United States

This guy demonstrates it while flying.
2019-4-15
Use props
ZmaroSobrinho
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

Daystrom Posted at 4-15 13:30
https://youtu.be/SlfpFdbztM4

This guy demonstrates it while flying.

thanks but this video show how to stop and restart motors.
I want to know what differences between these 2 choices in menu: (always) and (Breakdown)
or else:
Push sticks to inner/outer corners (always)
AND
Push Sticks to inner/outer corners (Breakdown)
2019-4-16
Use props
Knobbynomates
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ZmaroSobrinho Posted at 4-16 03:33
I want to know what differences between these 2 choices in menu: (always) and (Breakdown)
or else:

See my post above - no difference
2019-4-16
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For 'use in emergencies only' or 'emergency stop' will disarm the motors in mid-flight if the flight controller has detected a critical error but will not disarm if the CSC input has been accidentally initiated when the flight status is normal. The other/'always' option will disarm mid-flight, even if the drone detects no error. Be careful flying if the latter is selected as performing an accidental CSC has been one of the main reasons for drones to crash which is why these options were implemented.
2019-4-16
Use props
ZmaroSobrinho
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

A J Posted at 4-16 04:26
For 'use in emergencies only' or 'emergency stop' will disarm the motors in mid-flight if the flight controller has detected a critical error but will not disarm if the CSC input has been accidentally initiated when the flight status is normal. The other/'always' option will disarm mid-flight, even if the drone detects no error. Be careful flying if the latter is selected as performing an accidental CSC has been one of the main reasons for drones to crash which is why these options were implemented.

UAU!!! Thanks. just this I was wary of was the difference. I'll set up a safety net and test. If I remove the propellers and attach the drone to a string right?
2019-4-16
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ZmaroSobrinho Posted at 4-16 05:46
UAU!!! Thanks. just this I was wary of was the difference. I'll set up a safety net and test. If I remove the propellers and attach the drone to a string right?

Unless you have a critical error I do not think the CSC will work if emergency stop is selected. You can try but do take great care - not worth crashing the drone over.
2019-4-16
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I do believe this can also be tested in the sim built into the app - try that first!
2019-4-16
Use props
Knobbynomates
lvl.4
United Kingdom

or else:

.... like a brick!
2019-4-16
Use props
fans399862e7
lvl.1

United States

or else:

They are NOT the same. In “Always” the control input will command a motor stop, in “Break-Down” that control input will only stop the motors if a critical fault has been detected. That fault will be indicated by red rear LEDs.
2019-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules