M2P Remote Controller Error
1902 27 2019-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gokberknur
lvl.2

Sweden

Hi,

Im experiencing problems with my remote controller. Almost every 2nd flight it gives me RTC stick error and blinks like hell for "calibration of sticks".

Im going for calibration menu, I cant calibrate my remote controllers sticks. Even though I dont touch the sticks, dji app detects movement on sticks. Here I upload the screenshots from the app.

https://imgur.com/3GMVn7j
https://imgur.com/4lsNZc1

For example in first picture I only push right stick to %100 right and it detects down movement on the same stick.in second picture I pull left stick all the down and right stick is centered, but there is %25 movement detected on right stick as well.

When I fly the drone, sometimes it hovers sometimes it hovers a little, but I cant perform a quick shot. (due to movement detection) it says "task quitted", are there anyway to reset remote controller settings or something like that? I already refreshed the firmware of aircraft. This is so annoying and I started to scared if something going to happen my drone. I already flew around 100 times.

2019-4-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. May we know if you've managed to update the firmware of your remote controller? If yes, since you've noticed that there's an unusual movement of your joystick without touching it, we would recommend sending the unit into our facility for a further check on your unit. If you wish to contact our support, please refer to the link below. For additional information. the repair fee would depend on the outcome of the evaluation and the warranty period of your unit. For further details of the warranty period, kindly refer to this link: https://www.dji.com/service/policy

www.dji.com/support
2019-4-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This may be daft question on my part but have you turned off the drone before trying to calibrate the RC? The RC must be on and connected to GO4 with the drone turned off before you can calibrate. If you have then try refreshing the FW on just the RC too.
2019-4-16
Use props
gokberknur
lvl.2

Sweden

A J Posted at 4-16 02:51
This may be daft question on my part but have you turned off the drone before trying to calibrate the RC? The RC must be on and connected to GO4 with the drone turned off before you can calibrate. If you have then try refreshing the FW on just the RC too.

Yes, without turning off the aircraft RC calibration is not possible anyways. But I dont understand how to refresh FW on RC? its just same as aircraft FW?
2019-4-16
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gokberknur Posted at 4-16 06:58
Yes, without turning off the aircraft RC calibration is not possible anyways. But I dont understand how to refresh FW on RC? its just same as aircraft FW?

Link just the RC to assistant 2 and you'll have the option to refresh just the RC FW. No harm in trying and ticking that off before possibly sending it back to DJI.
2019-4-16
Use props
gokberknur
lvl.2

Sweden

DJI Tony Posted at 4-15 10:32
Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. May we know if you've managed to update the firmware of your remote controller? If yes, since you've noticed that there's an unusual movement of your joystick without touching it, we would recommend sending the unit into our facility for a further check on your unit. If you wish to contact our support, please refer to the link below. For additional information. the repair fee would depend on the outcome of the evaluation and the warranty period of your unit. For further details of the warranty period, kindly refer to this link: https://www.dji.com/service/policy

www.dji.com/support

How can I update the RC Firmware? in the app there is no option for "check for updates" RC. I attach the screenshot from the app.
https://imgur.com/siGwkCe

I refreshed the aircraft FW already via connecting to computer.
2019-4-16
Use props
gokberknur
lvl.2

Sweden

A J Posted at 4-16 07:00
Link just the RC to assistant 2 and you'll have the option to refresh just the RC FW. No harm in trying and ticking that off before possibly sending it back to DJI.

How can i do that?
2019-4-16
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Launch Assistant 2 on your computer, attached the USB cable with the micro USB adaptor to the RC and computer and link it up. Then click on FW updates and refresh it.  
2019-4-16
Use props
gokberknur
lvl.2

Sweden

A J Posted at 4-16 07:08
Launch Assistant 2 on your computer, attached the USB cable with the micro USB adaptor to the RC and computer and link it up. Then click on FW updates and refresh it.

Thanks for the suggestion I tried it now  but it is same still.
2019-4-16
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gokberknur Posted at 4-16 07:27
Thanks for the suggestion I tried it now  but it is same still.

Worth a shot mate. Back to DJI Tony's reply then. Hope it gets fixed soon.
2019-4-16
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

are you anywhere near askersund, if you are maybe try my remote after linking it to your drone see f that works
2019-4-16
Use props
gokberknur
lvl.2

Sweden

raven swe Posted at 4-16 07:35
are you anywhere near askersund, if you are maybe try my remote after linking it to your drone see f that works

Hej! thanks for your suggestion, but I'm in Stockholm

I contacted with DJI support and they asked me to send the RC to them. So, I hope it will be covered under warranty, since i never crashed or dropped my remote or aircraft. I believe i'm just unlucky in this case. Have anyone some experience with DJI service? I bought it via dji store.
2019-4-16
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Sweden

Holland will be the service area for Europe I think so not too far away, be quicker not being sent to china.
2019-4-16
Use props
gokberknur
lvl.2

Sweden

raven swe Posted at 4-16 08:00
Holland will be the service area for Europe I think so not too far away, be quicker not being sent to china.

Yes, it is Netherlands. I only hope they wont charge me anything for this issue.
2019-4-16
Use props
gokberknur
lvl.2

Sweden

A J Posted at 4-16 07:30
Worth a shot mate. Back to DJI Tony's reply then. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Hey!

I downgraded the FW 0.200 and then updgraded to 0.300, at first RC again asked for calibration and i made it. now it shows sticks are centered.

https://imgur.com/a/UhMVCND

I was already opened a repair case, but not sure should I still send the RC? or should I trust what it is saying now.
2019-4-16
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gokberknur Posted at 4-16 08:53
Hey!

I downgraded the FW 0.200 and then updgraded to 0.300, at first RC again asked for calibration and i made it. now it shows sticks are centered.

Keep the case open and test the RC in flight keeping the drone close etc. After a few flights if all OK you should be fine keeping it.
2019-4-16
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Sweden

that's good news then, hope it stays fixed, maybe just a glitch that got sorted with the downgrade and then the upgrade
2019-4-16
Use props
gokberknur
lvl.2

Sweden

raven swe Posted at 4-16 09:13
that's good news then, hope it stays fixed, maybe just a glitch that got sorted with the downgrade and then the upgrade

Ah!!! its still the same, unfortunately it started to it again, i recorded a video where you can see i do not touch any controls and my mavic 2 pro moving forward itself

2019-4-16
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gokberknur Posted at 4-16 10:04
Ah!!! its still the same, unfortunately it started to it again, i recorded a video where you can see i do not touch any controls and my mavic 2 pro moving forward itself  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3WCI_8zPqM

Thats a shame mate - get it replaced
2019-4-16
Use props
gokberknur
lvl.2

Sweden

A J Posted at 4-16 10:45
Thats a shame mate - get it replaced

I opened the case but for replacement it says, I have to open case within 15 days of purchase. I bought my mavic 2 pro in February, so I clicked the repair box. I hope they will replace or repair under warranty.
2019-4-16
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gokberknur Posted at 4-16 11:40
I opened the case but for replacement it says, I have to open case within 15 days of purchase. I bought my mavic 2 pro in February, so I clicked the repair box. I hope they will replace or repair under warranty.

The warranty on the RC is 12 months in EU countries
2019-4-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

gokberknur Posted at 4-16 07:47
Hej! thanks for your suggestion, but I'm in Stockholm

I contacted with DJI support and they asked me to send the RC to them. So, I hope it will be covered under warranty, since i never crashed or dropped my remote or aircraft. I believe i'm just unlucky in this case. Have anyone some experience with DJI service? I bought it via dji store.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. You could check the current firmware of the aircraft and RC via the DJI Go 4 app and you could check it as well on the page of the Mavic 2 Pro then locate the "Released Notes" document. However, I've read that you already contacted our support and process a replacement on your RC. Please let us know if you need our assistance in regards to this process. Thank you for continued support.
2019-4-16
Use props
gokberknur
lvl.2

Sweden

Update:

I got reply from DJI Service today, they said repair will be made under warranty. Now looking forward to fly my drone again!

would update this thread after receiving unit and how it went.
2019-4-26
Use props
gokberknur
lvl.2

Sweden

I got my product today. right out of the box. with the excitement of being able to fly again I open the box and.

5D button is broken! its not in place as it used to be. I recorded another video to show you I attach here the picture and the repair repot as well. It seems right after 2 minute of repair, they were sure it pass the quality check. is that a joke DJI?

I sent everything in place, nothing with damaged or so. even sealant wasnt pulled on my screen and they return my product with broken piece. Can someone from DJI explain this? Do I have any right to return and get refund after 3 months of purchase? or will you say "send your product again and we will offer another repair", which will take another 2 weeks.

One thing also makes me curious, they said it will be "repaired" but i feel like this is a different RC than mine. because antennas movements was not like this. and i had some scrath marks on DJI logo where the antennas are located. Now there is not so much visible scratches and antennas moves slighty different than what i used to(maybe they cleaned inside i dont know this can be only possible explaination, but sorry broken button is absolutely mess!)

I havent tried to RC yet if it is working properly or not, because im kind of furious now while writing this!

I attach pictures and video.

I also attach my case number and repair receipt to proove im not lying at all what happened to product. look at the quality assesed time. 2 minutes after product repair, its certainly seems like they havent checked the RC if its working or not and probably not even pressed the buttons. Because if they did they would %100 notice there is something wrong with 5D button.

edit: dont mind the sound it is cable holder, moving back and forth. ( I just record the RC right after box without openning legs)

I also attach images, not sure how clearly its visible but 5D button is floating on the air, it has still connection with the frame though.

https://imgur.com/a/480oyEk

https://imgur.com/a/nz7F81q
Update: ok since i havent opened the RC legs, i wasnt sure it was mine or not. now i think they sent different RC (my RC had opening marks on legs where the pivots are located), its ok i dont care, if they repaired or replaced by new as long as im able to fly. but how did they send a new RC without checking if all buttons are in place?

2019-5-2
Use props
gokberknur
lvl.2

Sweden

I have linked RC with my M2P now to check how things go.

Now I hear sound from RC that I have never heard before. volume up+

2019-5-2
Use props
gokberknur
lvl.2

Sweden

DJI Tony Posted at 4-16 13:03
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. You could check the current firmware of the aircraft and RC via the DJI Go 4 app and you could check it as well on the page of the Mavic 2 Pro then locate the "Released Notes" document. However, I've read that you already contacted our support and process a replacement on your RC. Please let us know if you need our assistance in regards to this process. Thank you for continued support.

I'm waiting for you DJI guys to say something about my isssue.
2019-5-2
Use props
gokberknur
lvl.2

Sweden

DJI Tony Posted at 4-16 13:03
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. You could check the current firmware of the aircraft and RC via the DJI Go 4 app and you could check it as well on the page of the Mavic 2 Pro then locate the "Released Notes" document. However, I've read that you already contacted our support and process a replacement on your RC. Please let us know if you need our assistance in regards to this process. Thank you for continued support.

I got reply from my youtube link, but not here. Can someone update me from DJI what will happen now?
2019-5-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

gokberknur Posted at 5-4 04:47
I got reply from my youtube link, but not here. Can someone update me from DJI what will happen now?

Hi, sorry for the late response. Could you please PM me your email account, the serial number of the drone and the link from youtube? we will check and see what we can do for you,  thank you.​
2019-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules