Waypoints on a Phantom 4 Much Different Than Mavic 2
574 1 2019-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MRomine
Second Officer
Flight distance : 850971 ft
United States

Well that was an eye opener. I had recently watched a couple YouTube videos on how to use WayPoints and they were demonstrating by using a Mavic 2.0 Pro. I launched my Boss's Phantom 4 and DJIGo app and although I was expecting there to be a difference I was surprised at how much different the way WayPoints is implemented on the Phantom 4. No touch screen adding of WayPoints being the big difference.
2019-4-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, good day MRomine. We do apologize for the confusion. Yes, the reason why is because the Mavic 2 Pro has the most updated version of waypoints and that would be Waypoints v2.0, With more intelligent flight modes, the Mavic 2 allows you to track, take picture and use camera recording more easily than ever. You can now go ahead and create a waypoints task without having to fly your Mavic 2 in order to set the actual waypoints. While the first version of the Waypoints will Record a flight path, then the aircraft will fly along the same path repeatedly while you control the camera and orientation. The flight path can be saved and re-apply in the future. There's a lot of difference in terms of features since the Mavic 2 series is the latest drone that DJI created and it has the more advanced software.  Hope this will help you. Thank you for understanding, if you have any other concerns please don't hesitate to reach us and we are more than happy to help you out. Have a safe and happy flying always!
2019-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules