o(^-^)o
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unedited video straight from the Mavic Air:

https://fredericksburgisd-my.sha ... HxEmoPc3pw?e=PTa35w

Sent in my new factory refurb Mavic Air direct from DJI with dead pixels when taking video at night.
I got a new one in exchange.
Another dead pixel in a different spot.
Also, the faint white grid all across the video?
With various shades of contrast?
Anyone else see this on their Mavic Air?
2019-4-15
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Wow, i thought refurb held up to tough standards!
2019-4-15
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

cutis Posted at 4-15 19:57
Wow, i thought refurb held up to tough standards!

My original purchase was a refurb
The exchange was a new one.
no "R" in the serial number
2019-4-16
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

pmshop Posted at 4-16 02:06
My original purchase was a refurb
The exchange was a new one.
no "R" in the serial number

hey, that is great accomplished service by them then, right?
my mavic air purchased 31dec2018 visited april2nd grapevine texas to replace two important pcb's plus repair loose wiggly antennas. it came back today so i gotta fetch ups. did grapevine service you too?
2019-4-16
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

cutis Posted at 4-16 10:25
hey, that is great accomplished service by them then, right?
my mavic air purchased 31dec2018 visited april2nd grapevine texas to replace two important pcb's plus repair loose wiggly antennas. it came back today so i gotta fetch ups. did grapevine service you too?

Yes they did.
Only 4 hrs away from them too so normally 7 calendar day service
2019-4-16
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

pmshop Posted at 4-16 10:49
Yes they did.
Only 4 hrs away from them too so normally 7 calendar day service

Picked up mavic air & rc this morn from grapevine facility. Big florescent chartreuse notice: factory paired already. Pair per following procedure....via apk drilldown settings. Dont know fw status both devices, must query apk. Dont know if devices are original serial numbers, must query apk. There are no "r" in serial so assume unrefurb. Hard to distinguish if devices are orig sent grapevine facility.
2019-4-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and god day pmshop. I am sorry for the trouble that this has caused. I have sent you a PM. Please check it if you have time. Thank you.
2019-4-17
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

cutis Posted at 4-16 12:52
Picked up mavic air & rc this morn from grapevine facility. Big florescent chartreuse notice: factory paired already. Pair per following procedure....via apk drilldown settings. Dont know fw status both devices, must query apk. Dont know if devices are original serial numbers, must query apk. There are no "r" in serial so assume unrefurb. Hard to distinguish if devices are orig sent grapevine facility.

You will know if you got your original back or not.
Refer to the email from DJI getting you the tracking number.
If there is a serial number listed, you got an exchange.
If there is no serial number, you got yours repaired.
2019-4-17
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-17 11:07
Hello and god day pmshop. I am sorry for the trouble that this has caused. I have sent you a PM. Please check it if you have time. Thank you.

Thanks Stephen, I appreciate.
2019-4-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

pmshop Posted at 4-17 11:34
Thanks Stephen, I appreciate.

You are very much welcome pmshop. If you have any other inquiries or concern with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you.
2019-4-17
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

Its confusing. Said two pcb's replaced. But the aircraft has zero finger smudgings on those two downward piezo transducers that are merely 1/8" off the soil for take off and landing. Smudgings never were cleaned i dont have cleaner equip.
The rc has got to be new since the charging side phone grip arm does not retract to the closed stow position.  it stays lifted up owing to closure alignment being out of trueness.
Pairing was accomplished per that florescent instruction, followed by aircraft activation.
20190417_153506.jpg
2019-4-17
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

My friend crashed his Mavic Air and got a replacement. First time he plugged it all in was at the field with me, and it reported an "Error 4" and there was no video from the camera. Typical DJI poor quality control.
2019-4-17
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jyunte Posted at 4-17 18:55
My friend crashed his Mavic Air and got a replacement. First time he plugged it all in was at the field with me, and it reported an "Error 4" and there was no video from the camera. Typical DJI poor quality control.

atypical...
I am at about 85% good service and 15% bad service.
Besides, you always hear about the bad situations...not about the many successful flights.
I still have faith in DJI to make it right.
They always have.
2019-4-18
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

pmshop Posted at 4-18 02:15
atypical...
I am at about 85% good service and 15% bad service.
Besides, you always hear about the bad situations...not about the many successful flights.

Really? They always make it right? Not in my case! I have Mavic Pro that I can't use for video because it doesn't fly straight (drifts 100 yards to the right for every 300 yards forward), and rotates while hovering. Months of dealing with DJI did NOT fix it. I bought a $600 Osmo+ which also rotates instead of remaining in place. DJI ignored my ticket and requests for help on the forum, just as they did for the other people who reported the same issue with the Osmo+. Time will tell if my friend's broken camera on his brand new Mavic Air will be corrected, or if he'll receive a refurbished unit which is actually someone else's unfixed and untested return.
2019-4-24
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jyunte Posted at 4-24 00:21
Really? They always make it right? Not in my case! I have Mavic Pro that I can't use for video because it doesn't fly straight (drifts 100 yards to the right for every 300 yards forward), and rotates while hovering. Months of dealing with DJI did NOT fix it. I bought a $600 Osmo+ which also rotates instead of remaining in place. DJI ignored my ticket and requests for help on the forum, just as they did for the other people who reported the same issue with the Osmo+. Time will tell if my friend's broken camera on his brand new Mavic Air will be corrected, or if he'll receive a refurbished unit which is actually someone else's unfixed and untested return.

Well, I am being tested now...with my Mavic Air as I originally posted.
Osmo sounds like a liability coverup.

2019-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules