Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
All laps video are corrupted
3093 13 2019-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
manuspeed
lvl.1
Flight distance : 122687 ft
Singapore

I am using OSMO Mobile 2 with DJI Go app in Samsung Galaxy S9. Everything was initially working fine and I cold export all the video files to my Macbook Air and they are running well. However, for last one month all the laps video files (timelaps, hyperlaps and motion timelaps) seem to have some problem as they can't run on my mac (damaged files or some codec missing) but surprisingly they are running fine on windows. Does anyone has an idea what could be the problem? The old laps files are still running on my mac but the new ones don't.

2019-4-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. May we know if you have managed to use different software to play the video on your Mac? Did you use the same video settings from your old video to a new one? Do we have a chance to test this particular video in a different Mac to isolate the situation? Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2019-4-16
Use props
Oliver66
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-16 09:52
Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. May we know if you have managed to use different software to play the video on your Mac? Did you use the same video settings from your old video to a new one? Do we have a chance to test this particular video in a different Mac to isolate the situation? Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

Hi Guys, I have the exact same issue. Osmo Mobile 2 (bought on Friday) with Samsung Galaxy Note 9. Recorded videos are fine but Time-, Motion-, Hyperlapses, are not playing on my iMac running Mojave. QuickTime Player as well as iMovie only shows black on black for the duration of the lapse.
On different Laptops, running Windows 7 and 10, the same videos are playing fine.
Any idea how to solve this issue please? It drives me crazy!
2019-4-24
Use props
Stinger1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 205016 ft
Australia

Why not just download the codec so they will work on your Mac again. Apple is doing some strange things ATM so they last update may have removed or damaged your old codec files.
2019-4-25
Use props
Oliver66
lvl.1
United States

Stinger1 Posted at 4-25 18:41
Why not just download the codec so they will work on your Mac again. Apple is doing some strange things ATM so they last update may have removed or damaged your old codec files.

Thank you for the reply Stinger1!
The difficulty is to find out what codec it is and where to get it for the Mac. Also why is there a difference in the "normal" videos and the Timelapses? I'm really a bit lost at the moment...
2019-4-26
Use props
Stinger1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 205016 ft
Australia

Oliver66 Posted at 4-26 02:49
Thank you for the reply Stinger1!
The difficulty is to find out what codec it is and where to get it for the Mac. Also why is there a difference in the "normal" videos and the Timelapses? I'm really a bit lost at the moment...

Mac should automatically offer to download the correct codec. If you say yes,, it will usually take you to the download.
2019-5-6
Use props
danielsm
New
Brazil

Oliver66 Posted at 4-24 09:01
Hi Guys, I have the exact same issue. Osmo Mobile 2 (bought on Friday) with Samsung Galaxy Note 9. Recorded videos are fine but Time-, Motion-, Hyperlapses, are not playing on my iMac running Mojave. QuickTime Player as well as iMovie only shows black on black for the duration of the lapse.
On different Laptops, running Windows 7 and 10, the same videos are playing fine.
Any idea how to solve this issue please? It drives me crazy!

Guess you have more luck than me... Here I have the same problem both in Mac and Windows 10, except by the fact that in Windows 10 VLC can play the lapses and VLC for Mac can't.

I'm using a workaround that is rewriting mp4 files using AnyMP4 for Mac. It can read the files and save valid new mp4. But it is a pain to convert all my lapses so I can use them. It seems that DJI GO writes something that is not in the standard and some players go crazy.

Please, could anybody from DJI tell us what is happening here?
2019-5-11
Use props
Oliver66
lvl.1
United States

danielsm Posted at 5-11 06:10
Guess you have more luck than me... Here I have the same problem both in Mac and Windows 10, except by the fact that in Windows 10 VLC can play the lapses and VLC for Mac can't.

I'm using a workaround that is rewriting mp4 files using AnyMP4 for Mac. It can read the files and save valid new mp4. But it is a pain to convert all my lapses so I can use them. It seems that DJI GO writes something that is not in the standard and some players go crazy.

Nope, no luck at all. Now I'm using "HandBrake" to convert the videos. It's not ideal but it works.

Sidenote: my support request to DJI has been completely ignored!
2019-5-22
Use props
One-eye Gimbal
lvl.1
Ireland

Oliver66 Posted at 5-22 06:00
Nope, no luck at all. Now I'm using "HandBrake" to convert the videos. It's not ideal but it works.

Sidenote: my support request to DJI has been completely ignored!

Yea I have the same problem.  All normal videos can be played, but any Slowmotion, Mation-lapse and Hyperlapse are black. I too need to use Handbreak.
2019-5-30
Use props
Adam Woj
New

Switzerland

same problem here, dji Osmo 3 mobile, newest MacBook Pro 2019, Samsung Galaxy note 8. all vids normal, time lapses black. suprisingly works well on windows. can't edit my movies in final cut because of this issue. very frustrating
2020-8-11
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Adam Woj Posted at 8-11 00:20
same problem here, dji Osmo 3 mobile, newest MacBook Pro 2019, Samsung Galaxy note 8. all vids normal, time lapses black. suprisingly works well on windows. can't edit my movies in final cut because of this issue. very frustrating

Try renaming the extension on the files, if they are MP4 rename them to mov or other way.
2020-8-11
Use props
MateArtsVideo
New

Ireland

Hi Guys!
I couldn't fix the problem but I could run the time lapse videos just "editing" and saving them in my smartphone (Galaxy S10e) before export to my Mac.
I hope it might help.
See you!
2020-9-5
Use props
Parkway Production
lvl.2
Flight distance : 247201 ft
Canada

I have the same problem here, after the update for Osmo3 and doing some time-laps videos I am not able to import them on my macbook nor does iMovie open them and after converting them they just show black screen....any suggestions from anyone on how to bypass this situation?
2020-9-8
Use props
Parkway Production
lvl.2
Flight distance : 247201 ft
Canada

I managed to use a converter and convert the data and it works now
2020-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules