Pictures in double
5757 11 2019-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chipper59
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1344406 ft
Canada

I posted this a while back but received no response. I’m hoping someone has a solution.

After flying with my Mavic 2 Zoom, I remove the Sd card and transfer the pictures to my iPad...(which I also use while flying). All the pictures are in double. When taking the pictures, I only hear one “click” per picture....the videos are ok...no doubles.

Could it be an iPad issue, or a setting on the drone software...?
2019-4-16
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Is picture mode set to single?
Are the two pictures with the same number and in same directory on iPad?
2019-4-16
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Seems one is JPG and the other is RAW!  
2019-4-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, good day Chipper59. We do apologize for the inconvenience. Please provide us the photos with details for us to further check the issue. Thank you for understanding. Please keep us posted on the latest updates for us to further help you with this concern. Have a safe and happy flying always!
2019-4-16
Use props
Chipper59
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-16 09:09
Hi, good day Chipper59. We do apologize for the inconvenience. Please provide us the photos with details for us to further check the issue. Thank you for understanding. Please keep us posted on the latest updates for us to further help you with this concern. Have a safe and happy flying always!

Thanks for the quick reply. After doing some tests and some research, I’ve found that the problem seems to be an Apple issue.
The pictures only appear in double once imported to my photo library. On the sd card, they’re not in double.
I’ll try to figure out why the import causes them to duplicate.
Thanks again.
2019-4-18
Use props
Chipper59
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-16 09:09
Hi, good day Chipper59. We do apologize for the inconvenience. Please provide us the photos with details for us to further check the issue. Thank you for understanding. Please keep us posted on the latest updates for us to further help you with this concern. Have a safe and happy flying always!

Thanks for the quick reply. After doing some tests and some research, I’ve found that the problem seems to be an Apple issue.
The pictures only appear in double once imported to my photo library. On the sd card, they’re not in double.
Thanks again.
2019-4-18
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Iceland

Chipper59 Posted at 4-18 04:06
The pictures only appear in double once imported to my photo library. On the sd card, they’re not in double.

Is Auto Sync HD Photos on?
2019-4-18
Use props
Chipper59
lvl.3
Canada

G_Sig Posted at 4-18 04:29
Is Auto Sync HD Photos on?
[view_image]

Yes....it is on. Should it be off ?
2019-4-18
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Iceland

Chipper59 Posted at 4-18 08:53
Yes....it is on. Should it be off ?

I don't  use it but its just one thing to test.
If nothing change you have at least tested this.
2019-4-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Chipper59 Posted at 4-18 04:06
The pictures only appear in double once imported to my photo library. On the sd card, they’re not in double.

Hi, good day Chipper59. Thank you for the additional information. We're glad that you already figure out how to fix the duplicate issue in your end. Should you have any other concerns please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a safe and happy flying always!
2019-4-18
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer

Did they remove he RAW, Jpeg, RAW+Jpeg options from the Go app?
I have it in my Mavic Gen I
2019-9-4
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft

Chipper59 Posted at 4-18 08:53
Yes....it is on. Should it be off ?

With AutoSync enabled and RAW+JPG or just JPG capture modes, every photo you take will be downlinked to your iPad as a lower-resolution JPG, with the higher resolution JPG or DNG stored on internal memory or MicroSD Card. When you then copy the files off your card to your iPad you're going to end up with duplicate images of differing sizes in your library.

If this is indeed your problem, you can confirm by checking the photo sizes of the duplicated files as they should be different sizes. Hope this helps.

I always leave AutoSync enabled in case I lose my AC, I'll still have some photos to remember the flight by. ;)

2019-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules