How to lock the pan
919 3 2019-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chasrb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 109639 ft
United States

I am new to gimbals, what I am attempting to do is to use the handle to Pan instead of using the joystick. I have seen that this is possible. I have changed my deadband from low to high and in-between and I still am not able to pan without doing a large turn  of the handle in either direction to get the pan to start.

I want to be able to just turn my wrist slightly in the direction I choose and have the Ronin-s start to pan right away.

Best

2019-4-16
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

That's not 'locking the Pan', if you lock the movement the orientation stays the same. What you want is no deadband at all (Zero) and perhaps Less Sensitivity (to your liking). There is a lot of good tutorials around and videos on youtube, if you want to learn more
2019-4-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi chasrb, may I verify if you have enabled the SmoothTrack of the Pan axis in the APP? If yes, Ronin-S will react to the operator's movement without a remote operator. If it is still not sensitive enough,as AVsupport suggested, set low Deadband and high Sensitivity and Speed or enable the Sport mode to have a try.
2019-4-18
Use props
chasrb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 109639 ft
United States

I have made these changes and for some reason I am not able to have the Ronin track my turn smoothly, it acts like ti cates up when I turn.
2019-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules