Lost Plastic covers on P4 Landing gear
860 8 2019-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jdo300
lvl.1
United States

Hello All,

One time during a flight with my P4, I happened to clip the top of a sign with one of the landing treds of the drone, which resulted in two plasic cover pieces popping out of the wall fo the treads (see attached photos). Thankfully, the drone itself was unharmed and none of the plastic on the body or feet was cracked. But I'm wondering if it's possible to get replacements of the two plastic cover pieces that are now missing, since they were protecting the inside wiring from the elements.

Thanks,
Jason O
IMG_20181220_203331.jpg
IMG_20181220_203341.jpg
2019-4-16
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

You could just cover them with tape.
2019-4-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the mishap that happens on your previous flight. If you're located in the United States, we could possibly make a request for this antenna cover on your P4 via contacting our support. However, this may cost you for requesting this particular part. For additional information, if the drone experience any incident, we highly recommend sending the unit into our repair facility for further evaluation because this mishap may cause a problem on the performance of your aircraft in the future flight. If you wish to reach our support, kindly see the link below. Thank you for understanding.

www.dji.com/support
2019-4-16
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-16 08:58
Hi, we're sorry for the mishap that happens on your previous flight. If you're located in the United States, we could possibly make a request for this antenna cover on your P4 via contacting our support. However, this may cost you for requesting this particular part. For additional information, if the drone experience any incident, we highly recommend sending the unit into our repair facility for further evaluation because this mishap may cause a problem on the performance of your aircraft in the future flight. If you wish to reach our support, kindly see the link below. Thank you for understanding.

www.dji.com/support

There are many replacement parts on eBay.
2019-4-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

ATJ Posted at 4-17 02:49
There are many replacement parts on eBay.

Thanks for the additional input. However, we're not recommending our customers to fix the drone or replace the parts on the aircraft as this process will void the warranty of the aircraft. For further details, you may check our after-sale policy.

https://www.dji.com/service/policy
2019-4-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thats interesting to know regarding these covers DJI Tony, when i claimed warranty when a cover was missing on my P4P, DJI said they will just send me the covers out, they actually sent me a new full set of landing Legs, so im not so sure the policy applies to parts that are removable, perhaps the same would apply to the LED covers too?
2019-4-17
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

Bashy Posted at 4-17 19:18
Thats interesting to know regarding these covers DJI Tony, when i claimed warranty when a cover was missing on my P4P, DJI said they will just send me the covers out, they actually sent me a new full set of landing Legs, so im not so sure the policy applies to parts that are removable, perhaps the same would apply to the LED covers too?

Business must be slow at DJi these days Bashy
2019-4-18
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I think we had a big discussion about tis some time ago and came up with heaps (and even some practical) suggestions.As usual can't locate it at the moment.
Try some plastic tubing (piping). Cheap and unique look.
2019-4-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Prior to replacing mine properly, i did use a the white part of a Pot Noodle tub kept in place with clear tape, i taped all 4 in the process and tape the new one too mine was missing by the previous owner,  perhaps  hard landing.....
2019-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules