Tello and Moto G5 Plus problem
6126 7 2019-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6b16df0d
New

Italy

hi everyone, I just received a Tello as a gift, but as soon as I connected it to my smartphone MotoG5 Plus I had problems. the FPV transmission does not work properly. the images are ruined by green and purple stripes. if I take a picture it is saved correctly but if I record a video it is saved with those annoying green and purple lines. is my Tello broken? is my smartphone not compatible? does anyone know how to fix the problem? thank you and sorry for my English
2019-4-16
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Dear customer,
we're so sorry to hear your problem. Just now I have confirmed that MOTO G5P isn't a compatible device. So please try to reset the tello wifi and connect it again. The way to reset the wifi is press and hold the power button for 5 seconds when the Tello is powered on and after the Wi-Fi’s SSID and password are reset, the aircraft will automatically restart.
If the problem still persists, please use another compatible device. And could you please send us the screenshot of device version, Android system version, app version and image transmission screen with the green stripes occurring. We will report the issue to the R&D department.
Meanwhile, we respectfully suggest you the compatible devices to achieve a better view.
iOS
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular.
Android
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S7,Samsung S6 edge,Samsung S5,Samsung Galaxy note 4,Samsung Galaxy note 3,Huawei Honor 8,Huawei Honor 9,Huawei P8 Max,Huawei P10,Huawei Honor V8,Huawei P9,Huawei nova2,Xiaomi 6,Xiaomi Note3,Redmi 4A,OnePlus5,vivoX6,Google Pixel1 XL,Google Pixel2.
Thanks a lot. Have a good day.
2019-4-17
Use props
Keego63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10082 ft
Australia

What Android version does your phone have?
2019-4-17
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

All motorola phones have to be rooted before using DJI softwares to avoid such issues.
2019-5-25
Use props
John Hennesey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1114350 ft

I had the same issue - DJI's Tello app has this issue on many phones.  There are others with the same issue - you can try using TelloFPV instead  I had luck with it.  Try the Demo version first to ensure it works.  If it does, the pay version is $5.49USD.  I just got the demo version working.
2019-10-11
Use props
djiuser_xXWV9D7Kt32h
New

Brazil

S.J Posted at 2019-5-25 05:00
All motorola phones have to be rooted before using DJI softwares to avoid such issues.

I did  it and its did not work.
2020-3-15
Use props
djiuser_xXWV9D7Kt32h
New

Brazil

S.J Posted at 2019-5-25 05:00

I did it and it did not work.
I have got a moto g 5 and the Android version is 8.1.0
2020-3-15
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

djiuser_xXWV9D7Kt32h Posted at 3-15 13:53
I did it and it did not work.
I have got a moto g 5 and the Android version is 8.1.0

What Motorola phone OS are you using . Cynogen or something else