3662 111 2019-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Harps
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60958 ft
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 4-27 23:34
I think again you must always refer to your manual, in it you will clearly ready that radio and video signal distance are optimal, you will also read where it’s best to fly, it also mentions interference and effects it can have.
What you are saying which is incorrect and nowhere does it guarantee including your warranty the signal of 4km, if you lose signal and follow rules of VLOS then it is quite simple to fly drone to safety.
If you fly in areas where there may be risk of interference, surely this cannot be down to dji as they clearly can not know what your doing or where your flying.

I agree it says the video/data signal distance is optimal, however there is a massive difference between 4k and 300m.
DJI advertises Mavic Air’s FCC range as 4000m in interference free area, I bet they can demonstrate this in some part of the world, plus if you google “Range Test Mavic Air” you will find plenty of you tubers flying Mavic Air close to 4km away. So my questions to you and DJI are:
1. If you DJi is advertising/rating Mavic Air for 4km range then what mechanism are consumers supposed to use to fly it further than VLOS where it is permitted. If consumers are not to rely on GO4 app to see how hight, far and what the drone is seeing then how can consumers utilize full potential for this drone?
2. The language of the manual, “DO NOT rely on app to control the aircraft” sounds vague. Could you please clarify what aspects of the app can we not rely on? Can we rely on it to take off/land, can we rely on it give us accurate height/distance in real time, can we rely on it show us realtime view from camera, can we rely on it to show us accurate (horizontal and vertical) speed of the drone,
3. If we should not rely on GO4 app then what other mechanism can we rely on for controlling the aircraft? I mean if we just wanted a drone that we can only fly VLOS then $200 drone would have been perfect. (Before anyone decides to re remind me VLOS regulation, I am well aware of it and follow it where it applies, but there are jurisdictions around the world that do not have this regulation)

And now my favourite car analogy. Saying not to rely on GO4 App to fly the drone is same as buying a sports car with a small print saying, “DO NOT rely on the tires to drive the car”. And from where I see it, it’s an attempt at avoiding liability in case the tire bursts driving the car at a speed well below its max rated speed.

In my case the drone was only 300m, in an open green area, no interference or obstacles (no errors for interference in logs) and yet the video/data feed was severely delayed. So, if the manual says that I should not have relied on Go4 app to check the drone’s height/distance then what other mechanism is available for getting this information if it is too bright to visually locate the drone 300m away.  

I love the way you passed your judgement by putting it on ignorance to not remembering a fine print in manual without considering the ramifications I outlined above. In a nutshell if DJI is advertising/claIming Mavic air has a max range of 4km (in interference free area) then they have to provide a reliable tool to consumers to utilize this feature, failing which it falls under false advertising. Again, I request someone from DJI to clarify this and answer my concerns above.
2019-4-28
Use props
Harps
lvl.2
Canada

DJ-MA Posted at 4-28 00:35
Good, glad to have that solved. What was their claim? I don't see any issues with the RC/AC communication in this log

It is not solved. I am still waiting on answers from my concern that keep growing as I go deeper into this case. So far I have not seen any responses from DJI either here or in email replies.
2019-4-28
Use props
Harps
lvl.2
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 4-27 23:34
I think again you must always refer to your manual, in it you will clearly ready that radio and video signal distance are optimal, you will also read where it’s best to fly, it also mentions interference and effects it can have.
What you are saying which is incorrect and nowhere does it guarantee including your warranty the signal of 4km, if you lose signal and follow rules of VLOS then it is quite simple to fly drone to safety.
If you fly in areas where there may be risk of interference, surely this cannot be down to dji as they clearly can not know what your doing or where your flying.

I agree it says the video/data signal distance is optimal, however there is a massive difference between 4k and 300m.
DJI advertises Mavic Air’s FCC range as 4000m in interference free area, I bet they can demonstrate this in some part of the world, plus if you google “Range Test Mavic Air” you will find plenty of you tubers flying Mavic Air close to 4km away. So my questions to you and DJI are:
1. If you DJi is advertising/rating Mavic Air for 4km range then what mechanism are consumers supposed to use to fly it further than VLOS where it is permitted. If consumers are not to rely on GO4 app to see how hight, far and what the drone is seeing then how can consumers utilize full potential for this drone?
2. The language of the manual, “DO NOT rely on app to control the aircraft” sounds vague. Could you please clarify what aspects of the app can we not rely on? Can we rely on it to take off/land, can we rely on it give us accurate height/distance in real time, can we rely on it show us realtime view from camera, can we rely on it to show us accurate (horizontal and vertical) speed of the drone,
3. If we should not rely on GO4 app then what other mechanism can we rely on for controlling the aircraft? I mean if we just wanted a drone that we can only fly VLOS then $200 drone would have been perfect. (Before anyone decides to re remind me VLOS regulation, I am well aware of it and follow it where it applies, but there are jurisdictions around the world that do not have this regulation)

And now my favourite car analogy. Saying not to rely on GO4 App to fly the drone is same as buying a sports car with a small print saying, “DO NOT rely on the tires to drive the car”. And from where I see it, it’s an attempt at avoiding liability in case the tire bursts driving the car at a speed well below its max rated speed.

In my case the drone was only 300m, in an open green area, no interference or obstacles (no errors for interference in logs) and yet the video/data feed was severely delayed. So, if the manual says that I should not have relied on Go4 app to check the drone’s height/distance then what other mechanism is available for getting this information if it is too bright to visually locate the drone 300m away.  

I love the way you passed your judgement by putting it on ignorance to not remembering a fine print in manual without considering the ramifications I outlined above. In a nutshell if DJI is advertising/claIming Mavic air has a max range of 4km (in interference free area) then they have to provide a reliable tool to consumers to utilize this feature, failing which it falls under false advertising. Again, I request someone from DJI to please clarify this and answer my concerns above.
2019-4-28
Use props
Harps
lvl.2
Canada

DJ-MA Posted at 4-28 00:35
Good, glad to have that solved. What was their claim? I don't see any issues with the RC/AC communication in this log

No, it is not resolved. My list of concerns keeps growing as I dig deeper and so far haven't seen a single concern answered by DJI either here or in my emails.
2019-4-28
Use props
DJ-MA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 127713 ft
Netherlands

Harps Posted at 4-28 09:39
It is not solved. I am still waiting on answers from my concern that keep growing as I go deeper into this case. So far I have not seen any responses from DJI either here or in email replies.

Ah, well, the 'solved' referred to the uploading of the flight log, nothing more ...

As for radio connection/lag issues, I have not seen any in your log, but others are more experience than I am at reading these files
2019-4-28
Use props
Harps
lvl.2
Canada

DJ-MA Posted at 4-28 09:45
Ah, well, the 'solved' referred to the uploading of the flight log, nothing more ...

As for radio connection/lag issues, I have not seen any in your log, but others are more experience than I am at reading these files

Yes, there were no errors for interference or battery critically low rebutting DJI Data analysis teams two versions of Crash. There was severe delay in video and data feed presented to me on my screen, causing me to keep pulling down on throttle as per the data/video feed showed it is still high. This happened when the drone was 300m from me in an open uninhibited area with no obstacles or interference. Thanks.
2019-4-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Harps Posted at 4-28 09:48
Yes, there were no errors for interference or battery critically low rebutting DJI Data analysis teams two versions of Crash. There was severe delay in video and data feed presented to me on my screen, causing me to keep pulling down on throttle as per the data/video feed showed it is still high. This happened when the drone was 300m from me in an open uninhibited area with no obstacles or interference. Thanks.

With all the writing, I missed with a search the device GO-4 was running on.  Asking because it helps to document.  Leading to...

What brand / model device was GO-4 running on?   Know what level OS device was running?

2019-4-28
Use props
Harps
lvl.2
Canada

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 4-28 10:21
With all the writing, I missed with a search the device GO-4 was running on.  Asking because it helps to document.  Leading to...

What brand / model device was GO-4 running on?   Know what level OS device was running?

I use Apple iPhone XS Max with latest version of IOS and GO4 app. I have experienced video/data feed delay in past, so have been following all recommendations. Charge phone to 100%, stop all background applications, enable airplane mode once the phone and drone gets GPS lock and map is loaded.
2019-4-28
Use props
DJ-MA
lvl.4
Netherlands

Harps Posted at 4-28 09:48
Yes, there were no errors for interference or battery critically low rebutting DJI Data analysis teams two versions of Crash. There was severe delay in video and data feed presented to me on my screen, causing me to keep pulling down on throttle as per the data/video feed showed it is still high. This happened when the drone was 300m from me in an open uninhibited area with no obstacles or interference. Thanks.

Just to be sure; you were unable to see the AC when it touched down ~100 m away from the home point? It seems you kept the left stick pulled backward until the very end, on purpose or potentially as by product of trying to make it go faster forward (pushing right stick forward).

I take it you were unable to recover it or it got damaged somehow, sorry about your loss ...
2019-4-28
Use props
Harps
lvl.2
Canada

DJ-MA Posted at 4-28 10:42
Just to be sure; you were unable to see the AC when it touched down ~100 m away from the home point? It seems you kept the left stick pulled backward until the very end, on purpose or potentially as by product of trying to make it go faster forward (pushing right stick forward).

I take it you were unable to recover it or it got damaged somehow, sorry about your loss ...

Yes, because I was looking up as the screen displayed it is 30 or 50 m high at the time of crash. I could not see it when I started bringing it to wards home point from 350m because it was too bright and after that since the video/data feed was delayed I was looking at a wrong vertical angle to try to spot the drone.
If you look at data log, I pulled throttle down at 14:06 to start bringing the drone down while looking up to see if I can spot the drone, then I let go of the sticks at 14:15 to see how high the drone is  (on the screen) and pulled down on throttle again at 14:19. Again at 14:31 I let go of the sticks to see how high the drone is again and then pulled down again at 14:36 and the drone crashed into water at 14:43, which is within 7 seconds of my last check. Clearly I was being careful and checking on height and distance of the drone but the data presented was false/delayed and that’s what caused the crash. Just before the screen went blank (drone disconnected as a result of falling in water) the screen displayed an altitude of 30m or 50m.
2019-4-28
Use props
DJ-MA
lvl.4
Netherlands

Harps Posted at 4-28 11:00
Yes, because I was looking up as the screen displayed it is 30 or 50 m high at the time of crash. I could not see it when I started bringing it to wards home point from 350m because it was too bright and after that since the video/data feed was delayed I was looking at a wrong vertical angle to try to spot the drone.
If you look at data log, I pulled throttle down at 14:06 to start bringing the drone down while looking up to see if I can spot the drone, then I let go of the sticks at 14:15 to see how high the drone is  (on the screen) and pulled down on throttle again at 14:19. Again at 14:31 I let go of the sticks to see how high the drone is again and then pulled down again at 14:36 and the drone crashed into water at 14:43, which is within 7 seconds of my last check. Clearly I was being careful and checking on height and distance of the drone but the data presented was false/delayed and that’s what caused the crash. Just before the screen went blank (drone disconnected as a result of falling in water) the screen displayed an altitude of 30m or 50m.

Right, I initially thought the green parts were grasslands, but it's water ... that sucks. Since the log and the app both come from the phone, I don't immediately see how these numbers could be so discordant (app vs log), but weird things happen sometimes with software ... if you only would have been able to hear/see it, you might have been able to bring it home safely
2019-4-28
Use props
Harps
lvl.2
Canada

DJ-MA Posted at 4-28 11:22
Right, I initially thought the green parts were grasslands, but it's water ... that sucks. Since the log and the app both come from the phone, I don't immediately see how these numbers could be so discordant (app vs log), but weird things happen sometimes with software ... if you only would have been able to hear/see it, you might have been able to bring it home safely

True. If only I could see it or hear it. I have experienced this delay in past on different phones and tried all recommendations  I could find online (disabling video cache, software update, battery charged to 100%, clear background programs, fly in airplane mode etc). However I did not expect the data/video to be delayed at a mere 300m or less on a drone rated for 4km max distance, so trusted the data/video being presented. There was absolutely no warnings displayed that would have alerted me to think maybe the video/data presented is not accurate.

Yes I was able to recover it with paid help from a diver. It powers on, Camera works, gimbal  has no power (probably the cable is snapped), it pops up errors for esc board (probably needs new esc board) and errors for front sensors. See screen shots for errors.

Thanks for your help. Appreciate it.

2019-4-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Harps Posted at 4-28 09:43
1. If you DJi is advertising/rating Mavic Air for 4km range then what mechanism are consumers supposed to use to fly it further than VLOS where it is permitted. If consumers are not to rely on GO4 app to see how hight, far and what the drone is seeing then how can consumers utilize full potential for this drone?

Your twists and turns don’t serve you well, it’s pretty simple, when checking logs looking and listening to what you done and what you say is not in anyway born out in flight log, I think decision was in this instance correct one, I’ve seen it many times before, but I have never seen warranty granted because video signal was lost, you are responsible for flying your drone knowing where your drone is and yes at all times, it might be time to grow up and accept responsibility for what looks like an incredibly bad decision, your drone is equipped with RTH for situations like this, you chose to land blindly and it went wrong , get over it and move on .
2019-4-28
Use props
Harps
lvl.2
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 4-28 13:14
Your twists and turns don’t serve you well, it’s pretty simple, when checking logs looking and listening to what you done and what you say is not in anyway born out in flight log, I think decision was in this instance correct one, I’ve seen it many times before, but I have never seen warranty granted because video signal was lost, you are responsible for flying your drone knowing where your drone is and yes at all times, it might be time to grow up and accept responsibility for what looks like an incredibly bad decision, your drone is equipped with RTH for situations like this, you chose to land blindly and it went wrong , get over it and move on .

There are no twists or turns. I am asking straight questions and have been asking straight questions from DJI Support for over 2 months and all I have been getting is vague responses like I just got from you. I suggest you read my previous post thoroughly and see if your reply is appropriate? If you want to be a DJI Forum wiz, you should read posts thoroughly and answer direct questions posed to you rather than beating around the bush by accusing the questioner of throwing twists and turns at you. I asked straight questions:

1. If DJi is advertising/rating Mavic Air for 4km range then what mechanism are consumers supposed to use to fly it further than VLOS where it is permitted. If consumers are not to rely on GO4 app to see how high, far and what the drone is seeing then how can consumers utilize full potential for this drone?
2. The language of the manual, “DO NOT rely on app to control the aircraft” sounds vague. Could you please clarify what aspects of the app can we not rely on? Can we rely on it to take off/land, can we rely on it give us accurate height/distance in real time, can we rely on it show us realtime view from camera, can we rely on it to show us accurate (horizontal and vertical) speed of the drone

Regarding your statement, “when checking logs looking and listening to what you done and what you say is not in anyway born out in flight log” Do you mind elaborating what part of what I have stated so far is false according to the data log and PLEASE do explain how it is false. Just saying something is wrong or false does not make it false.

Loosing video signal or delayed data/video feed at a distance of 300m for a drone advertised with a range of 4km in an interference free area has nothing to do with pilot being careless, it is product malfunction. So manufacturer should take responsibility for this. I have emailed DJI numerous times that I can replicate this malfunction on brand new DJI Mavic Air if they want as I have experienced it multiple times.

I am not a kid, I take responsibilities for my decisions and mistakes. This however is not my mistake and I will not stop until I get concrete evidence from DJI that this was pilot error, however I do wonder (vividly) what's your incentive to repeatedly asking me to move on? There are others on here trying to analyze my flight logs, read thru my comments, asking questions and trying to help, however I dont see anyone else so aggressively trying to tell me to move on. I appreciate your suggestions (none have made sense so far), expertise (which so far has only been trying to push me to accepting it's my fault as you have not answered any questions I have asked) and opinions (which dont matter as there is no substance supporting them), however please do not try to tell me what to do, Like I said I am not a kid. If it is my mistake please elaborate how and provide evidence with explanation how that evidence proves pilot error? I simply used a tool provided to me as part of drone package and it malfunctioned. Again, if we cannot use the screen to fly the drone when needed (when pilot looses sight of the drone) then what good are DJI products over any $200 drone?

I would have triggered RTH if DJI GO 4 app displayed a strong interference error or any other error. I bought this Drone to fly not use RTH to bring it back every time. RTH is designed for rescue, not flying the drone.

And finally, if DJI is warning consumers not to rely on DJI GO APP in its safety manual then why hasn't anyone from DJI Support so far admitted that DJI GO 4 app is unreliable over the numerous chat, email and phone conversations I have had with them? If Go4 app is unreliable then why doesn’t a warning pop up saying, “DJI GO4 app is unreliable, please do not rely on it to fly your drone”, every time we launch GO4 app on our phones rather than leaving it in fine print? Sounds devious to me.

And again, I am not the one beating around the bush. These are all straight questions and if you think I am throwing twists and turns at you, please do explain how. Maybe there is something we all cannot see here.
2019-4-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

There are no twists or turns. I am asking straight questions and  have  been asking straight questions from DJI Support for over 2 month

Ignore him, and report him.  He is intentionally trying discredit you to disrupt thread or derail thread (off-topic) to trashcan the thread.

His S.O.P. will be to come back Crying Wolf (aka Troll), as hypocrite he is.

Unless DJI Admins take him to woodshed, I can virtually guarantee - You will get further oppurtunties to report him.
2019-4-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Harps Posted at 4-28 10:30
I use Apple iPhone XS Max with latest version of IOS and GO4 app. I have experienced video/data feed delay in past, so have been following all recommendations. Charge phone to 100%, stop all background applications, enable airplane mode once the phone and drone gets GPS lock and map is loaded.

I use Apple iPhone XS Max with latest version of IOS and GO4 app. I have experienced video/data feed delay in past, so have been following all recommendations.

Have experienced glitches with video feed.  Can't say for sure at time of glitches that data (altitude, speed, direction, ...) feed also glitched.  The video glitches varied from a missing sequence, to video stream being frozen for several seconds.  Sometimes with video being scrambled (blocks / patches) for sometime afterwards.  Rarely do I see video glitches now.  Difference being different Mavic Pro P, different R.C., and different CrystalSky Ultra.

After my past experience with flaky problems, I don't doubt you did experience some transmission delay.  From reading numerous posts here, I would lean away from delays being caused by GO-4 App running on iPhone XS Max.  It has ample speed and memory, along with stability.  Most of App related problems are with Android devices, including DJI's own Crystal Sky.

Could be you are one of unforunate ones who got a bad drone or a bad R.C.  It does happen, and can be as flaky as when drone is upgraded to newer firmware - problems, and when drone firmware is reverted (downgraded) problems go away.

2019-4-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Harps Posted at 4-28 18:03
There are no twists or turns. I am asking straight questions and have been asking straight questions from DJI Support for over 2 months and all I have been getting is vague responses like I just got from you. I suggest you read my previous post thoroughly and see if your reply is appropriate? If you want to be a DJI Forum wiz, you should read posts thoroughly and answer direct questions posed to you rather than beating around the bush by accusing the questioner of throwing twists and turns at you. I asked straight questions:

1. If DJi is advertising/rating Mavic Air for 4km range then what mechanism are consumers supposed to use to fly it further than VLOS where it is permitted. If consumers are not to rely on GO4 app to see how high, far and what the drone is seeing then how can consumers utilize full potential for this drone?

Maybe there is something we all cannot see here.

Looking at Log viewer map, there does not appear to be any thing nearby that would cause signal intereference.  If you were flying next to industrial complex, radio / tv / cell tower, or high voltage transmission lines - could see one those being potential problem that resulted in transmission delays.  As in, sent, failed; re-send, failed; re-re-send, success, next data to send.

If DJI were more forth coming with their products (flight logs & black box data), it might be possible to nail down whether there was (or was not) a delay of video and data from drone to R.C. to Smartdevice / GO-4.  As in, drone's Black box data indicating packets being sent, mobile device's flight log showing packets missed, or garbaged, and requesting packets be sent again from drone.  Or maybe Drone's Black box data showing data queued up to be sent, but taking longer than normal to actually be transmitted.

2019-4-28
Use props
Tomcatuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

Harps Posted at 4-27 16:30
Thank you for your comment. I checked Page 52, 53, 54, 55 and 56 for Mavic pro 2/Zoom and did not find that page. I browsed thru entire Mavic Air manual and did not find that page. I will apologize if my comments are untrue, however calling out to someone for posting untrue/fabricated information does not require an apology. I appreciate all the help I am getting here, however I am not going to shut up if someone is trying to feed me $#!^.

Please dont take my word for it, download mavic pro 2/zoom manual and Mavic Air manual and check for your self.

Try this link and look at page 54 https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v2.0_en.pdf
2019-4-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Spain

I see the forum troll is at the same game that got him into trouble before, asking canvassing others to try to get people banned, that what he does around here, he’s not interested in anyone’s problems, he spends most of his time on this forum trolling me, and that’s why he arrived here, he wasn’t interested in this case until I commented, his interest is disruption and this can be seen by the complete tripe he’s just posted. I don’t need to canvass or ask anyone by personal message to get anyone banned, that’s probably the lowest thing anyone around here can do and it’s usually met with huge distaste.
2019-4-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Your posts are extremely long, much of what your writing is continually being repeated.

Yes DJI advertise 4 km in optimal conditions , but there are many explanations in your manual regarding all of this, to let you know there are no guarantees here.
So if you were not happy to continue after reading your manual then this was the time to express your disatisfaction, I’m certain that there is almost no one here on this forum that will 100% depend on advertised blurb when flying their drone .

I have purchased many cars in my day , almost all advertised miles to the gallon that were in achievable , do you seriously think that if an add says 50mpg and I run out of petrol at 40 miles I can get my money back, or am I required to read the manual to achieve which in almost all cars is not achievable .

While others say you were flying in an area where there would be no interference, well that’s BS everyone knows that flying around or in the vicinity of trees will challenge all signals,
2019-4-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Your log unequivocally shows you landing the drone in the water, there was no connection problem between RC and craft.

Reality is we have seen this so many times before, your not the first, but you are the first to require a babysitting service when flying your drone, being in VLOS is not some joke and in your case this accident would not have happened, even you had lost VLOS is was so simple to raise craft and know it was safe, you chose different, put it down to experience and move on, it’s a matter of taking responsibility or in this case the offer of partial responsibility .
2019-4-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Spain

I think it’s fair to say that anyone flying particularly low in areas close to all this industry will always pose a risk.
2019-4-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Spain

I see the idiot has just checked in to Downvote everyone LMAO....
2019-4-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Spain

Think it’s fair to say Burnaby Lake is surrounded by much interference.
2019-4-29
Use props
DJ-MA
lvl.4
Netherlands

Okay - beyond the bickering - I believe it would be helpful for you if you could provide 'evidence' of lag, and I think I've found a way for you to do so, as you clearly have video material of these moments. If you'd be able to retrieve both the cached copy on your phone (which will show the choppiness, as it is the saved version of the live feed), and the copy on your AC would be smooth as silk - as per normal.
I've retrieved these data from healthydrones.com; of particular interest are the two last videos.

2019-4-29
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

DJ-MA Posted at 4-29 09:20
Okay - beyond the bickering - I believe it would be helpful for you if you could provide 'evidence' of lag, and I think I've found a way for you to do so, as you clearly have video material of these moments. If you'd be able to retrieve both the cached copy on your phone (which will show the choppiness, as it is the saved version of the live feed), and the copy on your AC would be smooth as silk - as per normal.
I've retrieved these data from healthydrones.com; of particular interest are the two last videos.

Drone vs. SmartDevice video would be helpful.
Wonder if there is a hidden cache file that would show what GO-4 screen was showing?
2019-4-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Harps Posted at 4-23 08:02
Sent: April 9, 2019 2:59 PM
To: DJI Support

Sorry to know your concern still hasn't been figured out, I will inform the team to check again.
2019-4-29
Use props
Harps
lvl.2
Canada

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 4-28 20:38
I use Apple iPhone XS Max with latest version of IOS and GO4 app. I have experienced video/data feed delay in past, so have been following all recommendations.

Have experienced glitches with video feed.  Can't say for sure at time of glitches that data (altitude, speed, direction, ...) feed also glitched.  The video glitches varied from a missing sequence, to video stream being frozen for several seconds.  Sometimes with video being scrambled (blocks / patches) for sometime afterwards.  Rarely do I see video glitches now.  Difference being different Mavic Pro P, different R.C., and different CrystalSky Ultra.

I have experienced this multiple times with this drone. I have tried different phones (Iphone 6s Plus, 7 Plus and now iphone XS Max), tried disabling video cache, tried using a dedicated phone (no other apps installed), fly in airplane mode with all background apps closed and nothing seems to help. This does not happen all the time, I would say once every 8-9 flights and I do remember reading an acknowledgement from DJI Admins in one of the threads that this was a glitch with GO4 app and the engineers are working to resolve it.
I always keep the Drone, RC, GO4 app and my cell phone updated to latest version so not sure if the firmware version or GO4 App version at the time of crash had glitches.
2019-5-15
Use props
Harps
lvl.2
Canada

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 4-28 21:07
Maybe there is something we all cannot see here.

You are right. Burnaby lake is 3.11 Square Kilometer (770 Acres) so no chance of any interference, plus no errors for interference in flight logs.
That’s what I have been asking DJI for. If they are saying this is Pilot error then provide evidence to counter my claim. If I called DJI and told them my Drone flew off as soon as I hit take off button and there is nothing in the flight logs in the DJI GO 4 app, do you think DJI will send me a new drone? They won’t and simply deny my claim for lack of evidence. Then why are they pushing that this crash is pilot error without providing any evidence.
2019-5-15
Use props
Harps
lvl.2
Canada

Tomcatuk Posted at 4-29 00:58
Try this link and look at page 54 https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_2/20190417/Mavic_2_Pro_Zoom_User_Manual_v2.0_en.pdf

Thank you Tomatuk. We figured that out. It wasn't in the drone manual, it was in the flight safety guidelines booklet.
2019-5-15
Use props
Harps
lvl.2
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 4-29 03:26
Your posts are extremely long, much of what your writing is continually being repeated.

Yes DJI advertise 4 km in optimal conditions , but there are many explanations in your manual regarding all of this, to let you know there are no guarantees here.

Yes, my posts are long and the reason they are long are because I do not get replies to the straight questions I ask and feel maybe the other person did not understand my questions. I wont repeat if they question gets answered.
You should not try car analgises as we have already determined I am king of Car analgises (joking). If your car rated for 50mpg runs out of gas at 40 miles then that’s normal as there is a big chance you are not driving in ideal conditions. However, if a car rated for 50mpg runs out of gas at 5 miles, then definitely the care company is getting sued. To connect the analgy, drone rated for 4km (4000 meters) has connection problems at 300 meters in near ideal conditions definitely warrants refund/repair free of charge.
Not sure where you are seeing trees, but there are no trees in the lake. Take another look at the logs and please mark all the trees to see on google maps between my location and the location where the drone has been flying. (You can use google maps to see all trees etc on the map)

Again, I do not see any replies for the three straight questions I have asked. Seems like you are just wasting my and other people’s time by inventing irrelevant factors here. And I don’t know why but I feel like I am communicating with DJI support here as 90% of replies I have received from DJI are completely irrelevant to the questions/concerns I have raised and your replies sound similar.
2019-5-15
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

if I were you id give up on conversing with that twat,, seems he has 2 accounts or something and if you look around right now hes online both in Finland and Ireland at the same time, with same drone icons, name and flight distance, everyone knows he just cant wait to jump in and defend dji first chance he gets, go figure
2019-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Harps Posted at 5-15 10:15
Yes, my posts are long and the reason they are long are because I do not get replies to the straight questions I ask and feel maybe the other person did not understand my questions. I wont repeat if they question gets answered.
You should not try car analgises as we have already determined I am king of Car analgises (joking). If your car rated for 50mpg runs out of gas at 40 miles then that’s normal as there is a big chance you are not driving in ideal conditions. However, if a car rated for 50mpg runs out of gas at 5 miles, then definitely the care company is getting sued. To connect the analgy, drone rated for 4km (4000 meters) has connection problems at 300 meters in near ideal conditions definitely warrants refund/repair free of charge.
Not sure where you are seeing trees, but there are no trees in the lake. Take another look at the logs and please mark all the trees to see on google maps between my location and the location where the drone has been flying. (You can use google maps to see all trees etc on the map)

I can’t say it’s the trees, but normally envoirment plays a part in signal whether it’s a drone radio a video signal a hand held radio a transistor.
While I can’t pinpoint what it is, one member here said you were flying in an open area free from interference, but for me on closer inspection of your log you flew in an area that would be seen as high risk of loosing signal.

We can harp about this until we are blue in the face, you say because specs say what they say you have a case, so sue them, for me everything about flying drones is about preparation and the one particular problem that can always be highlighted is the problem with secure signal, for you this was not so important as you were completely relying on the specs.

And if that was it for you, then you probably stand alone, as most users will use the manual as a proper guide to how they fly their drone, and it just happens to say in your manual to fly in open areas free of interference, now what that says to me is very simple, if I’m flying in an area with possible interference then I need to be able to see my drone at all times without question, keeping drone in VLOS is also part of your manual, but for you if it’s not in the specs you feel somehow you can ignore it.

This case is impossible for anyone here to try explaining to you as most if not all here fly using the manual as their best and safest guide to flying, you might think different, so never the Twain shall meet.

While you imply that I didn’t read what you were saying, I feel you also should have read what others wrote.

Your case is now between you dji the courts ? Who knows, I wish you luck .
2019-5-15
Use props
Harps
lvl.2
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 4-29 03:35
Your log unequivocally shows you landing the drone in the water, there was no connection problem between RC and craft.

Reality is we have seen this so many times before, your not the first, but you are the first to require a babysitting service when flying your drone, being in VLOS is not some joke and in your case this accident would not have happened, even you had lost VLOS is was so simple to raise craft and know it was safe, you chose different, put it down to experience and move on, it’s a matter of taking responsibility or in this case the offer of partial responsibility .

Could you provide evidence from the log that proves that the video/data feed displayed to me was not delayed? So far all I have seen is the drone responding to RC stick commands in real time but no evidence to show the video/data feed was also displayed in real time?

I have Drone pilot certification from Transport Canada and always follow their guidelines. To make sure I comply with it, I have set maximum distance on my drone to 500m. If you look at the logs, the drone has not exceeded a distance of 400 m at anytime and I had VLOS all thru the flight except for last 2-3 minutes. The reason I lost sight of drone was because it was a sunny/cloudy day and it got bright around the time I was bringing the drone back. Since the height was not displayed accurately I was looking up at a wrong vertical angle to reinstate VLOS, however my ability to do so was impaired by incorrect information displayed to me.

And again, I ask why you are the only one asking me to forget about it and move on. This is the third time and I am really getting curious what’s your incentive to shut me off? I don’t see any other forum member asking me to forget about it and move on. I love your comment about Babysitting service, is this what you are providing here? As per my understanding, the purpose of this forum is to help others with your knowledge and experience, so far I haven’t seen any helpful comments from you. Just so we are clear, I do not need babysitting as I am an adult, however any help to resolve this will be highly appreciated.
2019-5-15
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

Like I said above Harps you aint going to get anywhere with this idiot, his main ambition in life is to stir up OP,s anyway he can on his mission to defend dji, even if they are at fault.
2019-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Harps Posted at 5-15 10:38
Could you provide evidence from the log that proves that the video/data feed displayed to me was not delayed? So far all I have seen is the drone responding to RC stick commands in real time but no evidence to show the video/data feed was also displayed in real time?

I have Drone pilot certification from Transport Canada and always follow their guidelines. To make sure I comply with it, I have set maximum distance on my drone to 500m. If you look at the logs, the drone has not exceeded a distance of 400 m at anytime and I had VLOS all thru the flight except for last 2-3 minutes. The reason I lost sight of drone was because it was a sunny/cloudy day and it got bright around the time I was bringing the drone back. Since the height was not displayed accurately I was looking up at a wrong vertical angle to reinstate VLOS, however my ability to do so was impaired by incorrect information displayed to me.

Look you landed your drone in the river, it doesn’t look to me like it was anybody’s fault only your just from the mere fact that you are supposed to by law keep your drone in VLOS , the rest I have gone over to many times and you read it with blinkers on.

You then try your best to insult me, because I told you you would be better moving on and why because that’s the way this ends.

You further insult me by assuming I am somehow in cahoots with dji, which is just rubbish, but leads me to tell you I have no more interest in your case, maybe Cosy up to someone who agrees with you, and when you get the result your looking for come back and tell us all about it .
2019-5-15
Use props
Harps
lvl.2
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 4-29 06:38
I think it’s fair to say that anyone flying particularly low in areas close to all this industry will always pose a risk.[view_image]

The lake is not as small as it looks on the map. It is 3.11 Square Kilometers (770 acres). Yes, there is an industrial area towards north side of the lake, however I was almost 650 meters from it on the south side and the drone was always 250-300 meters from the industrial area. The only source of interference from that area can be wifi signal, and I don’t think any wifi signal travels 10-20 meters outside the buildings. If you are saying there was interference then show us the interference messages in the logs, otherwise this comment is irrelevant and you are clearly wasting others time.

And as per Transport Canada regulations, drone pilots are required to keep drone 30 meters from any buildings, cars or people. I was over 300 meters far, so don’t see how it poses risk. If you want to accuse someone of something, make sure to know what you are accusing and if that acquisition has any grounds. Clearly you are just wasting time and trying desperately to shut me up and I wonder again (very very vividly) “WHY”?

2019-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Harps Posted at 5-15 10:55
The lake is not as small as it looks on the map. It is 3.11 Square Kilometers (770 acres). Yes, there is an industrial area towards north side of the lake, however I was almost 650 meters from it on the south side and the drone was always 250-300 meters from the industrial area. The only source of interference from that area can be wifi signal, and I don’t think any wifi signal travels 10-20 meters outside the buildings. If you are saying there was interference then show us the interference messages in the logs, otherwise this comment is irrelevant and you are clearly wasting others time.

And as per Transport Canada regulations, drone pilots are required to keep drone 30 meters from any buildings, cars or people. I was over 300 meters far, so don’t see how it poses risk. If you want to accuse someone of something, make sure to know what you are accusing and if that acquisition has any grounds. Clearly you are just wasting time and trying desperately to shut me up and I wonder again (very very vividly) “WHY”?

no point in taking this any further with me, I can't help here, so wish you luck good day.
2019-5-15
Use props
Harps
lvl.2
Canada

raven swe Posted at 5-15 10:20
if I were you id give up on conversing with that twat,, seems he has 2 accounts or something and if you look around right now hes online both in Finland and Ireland at the same time, with same drone icons, name and flight distance, everyone knows he just cant wait to jump in and defend dji first chance he gets, go figure

I totally agree with you, however I enjoy calling people on their BS. Lets just say it s hobby and its every bit fun for me...
2019-5-15
Use props
Harps
lvl.2
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 5-15 10:50
Look you landed your drone in the river, it doesn’t look to me like it was anybody’s fault only your just from the mere fact that you are supposed to by law keep your drone in VLOS , the rest I have gone over to many times and you read it with blinkers on.

You then try your best to insult me, because I told you you would be better moving on and why because that’s the way this ends.

I give up on expecting you to read my comments before responding….lol. I just explained what happened and you are tooting your horn about the manual. Show me where are the instructions for keeping VLOS in case it gets super bright suddenly and you loose sight of the drone? If law says I am supposed to keep VLOS and I am complying with it until sun decides to show up suddenly (before you say I should fly facing away from sun, look at the log, I was facing north and sun was south west) and the incorrect data feed makes it impossible to reinstate VLOS, should I be suing the Sun for it or DJI that sent me a malfunctioning Drone? Again, no relevance in this case. I know the law and I follow it religiously.
And I am not insulting you, just wondering why you are so pushy in favor for DJI. If there is no collusion between you and DJI then why don’t you make clear your intentions for pushing me to move-on multiple times?
2019-5-15
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules