Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Firmware Released (2019.04.17)
1234Next >
25444 157 2019-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 5486818 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Yes it will, but nothing has been released either in the notes or the manual as to how much control second controller will have, if it’s like Mavic Pro. Dual then it’s not of much use, if it’s capable of separately controlling camera then it’s a game changer .
2019-4-17
Use props
Sergey Astakhov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122723 ft
Russia

dari_017 Posted at 4-17 14:25
Does anybody knows if each battery has to be updated as well , with this update ?

It does not seem necessary, after replacing the battery there is no message about the need for an update.
2019-4-17
Use props
Sergey Astakhov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122723 ft
Russia

duplicate
2019-4-17
Use props
dari_017
First Officer
Flight distance : 6016004 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sergey Astakhov Posted at 4-17 15:47
It does not seem necessary, after replacing the battery there is no message about the need for an update.

Great thanks a lot for the info !
2019-4-17
Use props
fans25a3f445
New
Canada

Just did my firmware update.

1st flight after the upgrade was a Facebook Live Feed. less than 108sec into the flight I get a DISCONNECTED warning and my controller screen goes blank and says CONNECTING... My worst fears are realized. The Mavic 2 is laying on the ground in pieces.

Never had an issue prior to the firmware upgrade.

Now what DJI?
2019-4-17
Use props
Jax Hayes
New

United States

So I bought my Mavic Pro 2 just recently. I’ve updated it quite a bit. Did today’s firmware update and forgot to turn my aircraft off and back on before flight... I MAYBE flew 1/3 of a mile away and it disconnects on me... but remained in the air.. I sort of freaked out and ran to where I knew it was only to find it hovering near some trees as it reconnected... would this have happened because I didn’t do the shutdown and restart for the aircraft? Or... also I thought this thing could go much further than a mile away..
2019-4-17
Use props
DroneZoneDE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42096 ft
Germany

Jax Hayes Posted at 4-17 18:24
So I bought my Mavic Pro 2 just recently. I’ve updated it quite a bit. Did today’s firmware update and forgot to turn my aircraft off and back on before flight... I MAYBE flew 1/3 of a mile away and it disconnects on me... but remained in the air.. I sort of freaked out and ran to where I knew it was only to find it hovering near some trees as it reconnected... would this have happened because I didn’t do the shutdown and restart for the aircraft? Or... also I thought this thing could go much further than a mile away..

I would have expected the Mavic 2 to enter return to home on a disconnect. I think you can consider yourself very lucky on how things turned out.

Two posts of disconnects in a row makes me a little anxious. I think I will hold back with this update as DJI did not flag it as mandatory.

Would be horrible to see the drone disconnecting and crashing like in fans25a3f445's post. (Sorry to see that man...)
2019-4-17
Use props
dronie1965
Captain
Flight distance : 13075597 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Jax Hayes Posted at 4-17 18:24

Could be that after an update some settings have been reset , therefore you have have to set it again to what you had before. But i am not sure if this update puts some settings back.I havent done the update yet. But check this on your drone
2019-4-17
Use props
SomeoneElsesDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Wow, DJI is going to have to bring something more compelling features to the table to get me to upgrade my firmware than this zzZZzzz update. Still have nightmares from my P4 being grounded due to bad firmware for the best part of year. Still loads of features that really should be on flagship device... but aren't
2019-4-18
Use props
cicciopilota
Second Officer
Flight distance : 36624 ft
  • >>>

Intersting firmware is updated but no app update in app store about new dj go release, and it will be possible use dji smart controller and remote controller
2019-4-18
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
First Officer
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-17 08:51
Well anyone who purchased a zoom with the same camera as the old Mavic Pro.
2 years old and paid an extra €300 for the privilege  , they must be absolutely thrilled, what a deal that was .
I have seen some of the videos from zoom and it’s getting pretty close to the orignal Mavic , maybe another couple of FW updates it might get there .
Yea dude i have zoom and mavic pro...the zoom might have same size sensor but its way ahead of the pro in terms of image quality and especially video.... I also don't have to do nearly as much working post as I had to do with the pro....so what do u mean hallmark? Also do you really think DJI used the same 3 yr old sensor? ...i think not....Come on man. yes its same size but def better sensor....im sure anyone who had a pro and now has a zoom can vouch for what im saying
2019-4-18
Use props
scarfas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 299216 ft
Romania

Did anyone else experience diconnecting/crashing issues after this update? I'm a little nervous to update it after seeing @fans25a3f445 and @Jax Hayes posts...
2019-4-18
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
First Officer
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>
United States

scarfas Posted at 4-18 00:46
Did anyone else experience diconnecting/crashing issues after this update? I'm a little nervous to update it after seeing @fans25a3f445 and @Jax Hayes posts...

Jax says he didnt even shut aircraft off after updating....u are def supposed to do that and most fw will reset app settings so alot of his settings probably were all not set right...i wouldnt worry. Mine seems fine after updating
2019-4-18
Use props
windpixels
lvl.2
Flight distance : 299216 ft
Romania

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 4-18 00:50
Jax says he didnt even shut aircraft off after updating....u are def supposed to do that and most fw will reset app settings so alot of his settings probably were all not set right...i wouldnt worry. Mine seems fine after updating

Allright, thanks for the input. I'll give it a go then, being careful to restart it after the update is complete.
2019-4-18
Use props
bjr981s
First Officer
Flight distance : 117290 ft
  • >>>
Australia

windpixels Posted at 4-18 01:51
Allright, thanks for the input. I'll give it a go then, being careful to restart it after the update is complete.

I only use DJI Assistant 2. You can not make that mistake if you do. Assistant forces an Aircraft reboot.
2019-4-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 5486818 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 4-18 00:44
Yea dude i have zoom and mavic pro...the zoom might have same size sensor but its way ahead of the pro in terms of image quality and especially video.... I also don't have to do nearly as much working post as I had to do with the pro....so what do u mean hallmark? Also do you really think DJI used the same 3 yr old sensor? ...i think not....Come on man. yes its same size but def better sensor....im sure anyone who had a pro and now has a zoom can vouch for what im saying

Hey jimmy, it was a bit tongue and cheek and in answerto someone running down M2P, in fact I am awaiting shipment of an M2Z next week, so much stuff goes on on this forum .
2019-4-18
Use props
hegauer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19183 ft
Germany

ibidochkadepp Posted at 4-17 13:14
Can you use a M1 Remote as secondary remote with M2?

No. M2 has a different transmitting system.
2019-4-18
Use props
hegauer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19183 ft
Germany

Ben Foong 4 Posted at 4-17 13:53
Anyone know where to find the dual remote function if you updated via the smart controller? Doesn't seem to be able to find the option

The "Coach Mode" also known as  "Dual Mode" is available with the next DJI-GO 4 Version v4.3.16 (coming soon)
2019-4-18
Use props
akozc
First Officer
Flight distance : 738747 ft
Macao

Does anybody knows if each battery has to be updated as well , with this update ?

yes any firmware update,  better one by one update the batteries as well , so your drone, controller and batteries will speak same language
2019-4-18
Use props
woolfie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 598100 ft
Austria

No, there is no battery firmware update in this package. You'll notice it if you keep an eye on the update process and you'll get a warning message when you start DJI Go 4 app with a non updated battery inserted in the copter (inconsistent firmware). If you are not shure if there was a battery firmware update in the update package change the battery and start Go 4 app again.
2019-4-18
Use props
woolfie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 598100 ft
Austria

fans25a3f445 Posted at 4-17 17:05

1st flight after the upgrade was a Facebook Live Feed. less than 108sec into the flight I get a DISCONNECTED warning and my controller screen goes blank and says CONNECTING... My worst fears are realized. The Mavic 2 is laying on the ground in pieces.

Sorry for you but also by disconnection the bird should not fall down on the ground. In my opinion there was another issue not only loosing connection.
2019-4-18
Use props
dari_017
First Officer
Flight distance : 6016004 ft
  • >>>
United States

woolfie Posted at 4-18 09:16
No, there is no battery firmware update in this package. You'll notice it if you keep an eye on the update process and you'll get a warning message when you start DJI Go 4 app with a non updated battery inserted in the copter (inconsistent firmware). If you are not shure if there was a battery firmware update in the update package change the battery and start Go 4 app again.

Thanks for the reply , I just asked because I’m kind of lazy sometimes  to put in another battery , I figured someone in here had already done it , I’m very familiar with the whole process of upgrading the firmware on my birds , it was just laziness on my part, anyways thanks again.
2019-4-18
Use props
PiEz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94498 ft
United Kingdom

Wheres the android app update for bloody noras sake ??
2019-4-18
Use props
fansdefbdecd
lvl.1
United States

fans25a3f445 Posted at 4-17 17:05

1st flight after the upgrade was a Facebook Live Feed. less than 108sec into the flight I get a DISCONNECTED warning and my controller screen goes blank and says CONNECTING... My worst fears are realized. The Mavic 2 is laying on the ground in pieces.

Hey just FYI... after I registered my DJI account on these forums, my email is calling me by YOUR username... I really don’t know how they f this up. Also I was so scared when the disconnect happened to me simply because I just bought the thing... I believe DJI should replace your drone... My 1 year warranty activated when I first started my Mavic 2, when did you get yours?
2019-4-18
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 5445161 ft
Brazil

Someone said on previous posts that there is no update for batteries....
2019-4-18
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 5445161 ft
Brazil

Ben Foong 4 Posted at 4-17 13:53
Anyone know where to find the dual remote function if you updated via the smart controller? Doesn't seem to be able to find the option

I think we'll have to wait for a firmware update on the Smar Controller and DJI Go app to get this....
2019-4-18
Use props
Airheadbit
lvl.4
United States

Ok, on my third try to install with DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, this time I made it all the way to 36% before it hung. I can download 4 GB Linux image files with out an issue. The Error I FINALLY get after several minutes is Network error. Upload Error Log  - Where is the 'Error log'  I did a LOG export and 30 minutes later I have a 12gb DAT file. If I click on Upload Error log it says its Upload! Where is it? This time it hung at 34%
2019-4-18
Use props
Airheadbit
lvl.4
United States

Airheadbit Posted at 4-18 13:57
Ok, on my third try to install with DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, this time I made it all the way to 36% before it hung. I can download 4 GB Linux image files with out an issue. The Error I FINALLY get after several minutes is Network error. Upload Error Log  - Where is the 'Error log'  I did a LOG export and 30 minutes later I have a 12gb DAT file. If I click on Upload Error log it says its Upload! Where is it? This time it hung at 34%

Another hour of trying, 91% was the highest but by then my battery dropped below 50% and it stopped, since then hanging at 5~7%
This is just sad.
2019-4-18
Use props
PiEz
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Airheadbit Posted at 4-18 14:51
Another hour of trying, 91% was the highest but by then my battery dropped below 50% and it stopped, since then hanging at 5~7%
This is just sad.

if your using windows os ie windows 7,8,10 etc u need to disable driver enforcement.
2019-4-18
Use props
sleepingfish
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3685922 ft
  • >>>
Japan

DJI GO 4 v4.3.16 When is the update?
2019-4-18
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 12559298 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sleepingfish Posted at 4-18 17:05

It's just come through on iOS. Having booted up the drone following the app and FW update the only difference is that it now displays 'controller type - primary controller' in the RC settings. I presume a second RC will need to be linked to open up the options to use both with the same drone.
2019-4-18
Use props
CanonMax
First Officer
Flight distance : 5028281 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

sleepingfish Posted at 4-18 17:05

The update for the DJI GO 4 iOS app (v. 4.3.16) is available in the Apple Store right now!
Take care!

(Canon)Max
2019-4-18
Use props
PiEz
lvl.2
United Kingdom

CanonMax Posted at 4-18 23:25
The update for the DJI GO 4 iOS app (v. 4.3.16) is available in the Apple Store right now!
Take care!

still no android version yet! ive updated the firmware on my drone and controller but after reading peoples comments regarding disconnections im reluctant to fly without the latest go4.
2019-4-19
Use props
dronespilot
Captain
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone tested flying M2 after the firmware update?
2019-4-19
Use props
TurboXXL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1239429 ft
Germany

I have new DJI GO App 4.3.16 but new firmware is not available for me. Was it removed?
Edit: Got it now after several new logins.
2019-4-19
Use props
IcannotThinkOfAName
Captain
Flight distance : 314862 ft
United States

Finally, dual remote!
2019-4-19
Use props
CanonMax
First Officer
Flight distance : 5028281 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

dronespilot Posted at 4-19 04:31
Has anyone tested flying M2 after the firmware update?

Well yes... I did two flights with the DJI Mavic 2 Pro after the firmware update of the Remote Control and the Aircraft still with the DJI GO 4 "old version"... no special problems... I tested normal flight situations, APAS...
This morning (April 19th) I was also able to download and install the latest DJI GO 4 app (v. 4.3.16) and tested again... all seems fine here...

I own only ONE remote control (for the moment) so I cannot say much about the fact that you could fly the drone with two Remotes at the same time... YET

The only thing I noticed (but that is an old problem) is that the BAROMETER ALTITUDE is not correct at all, which could lead to severe problems when flying autonomous patterns like when using Waypoints V 2.0....
I think it is a known problem but I seldom read about it...

Take care... update... restart aircraft/Remote and App and... FLYY!

(Canon)Max
2019-4-19
Use props
K5Greg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 315154 ft
United States

Looks like GO4 app v4.3.16 is available as of this morning for Apple App store( for iOS) and in the Play store (for Android) BUT the Go4 app on Crystal Sky monitors still insisting they are current at v 4.3.14. Ideas?
2019-4-19
Use props
Ben Foong 4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2230883 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is it available for the Smart controller yet?
2019-4-19
Use props
dronespilot
Captain
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

CanonMax Posted at 4-19 11:50
Well yes... I did two flights with the DJI Mavic 2 Pro after the firmware update of the Remote Control and the Aircraft still with the DJI GO 4 "old version"... no special problems... I tested normal flight situations, APAS...
This morning (April 19th) I was also able to download and install the latest DJI GO 4 app (v. 4.3.16) and tested again... all seems fine here...

Thank you, CanonMax! That's good to hear! I'm not able to upgrade it until next week, and I will fly it and see.

Happy flying!
2019-4-19
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules