Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 pro how to enable motor shutdown while tilting MP upside ...
5301 8 2019-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
4u2fast
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1555 ft
Germany

Hi,

I'm looking how to enable motor shutdown while catching the MP on a sailing ship.
it was working fine on older Mavic pro platinum, but the Mavic 2 pro doesn't turn off the motors

thanks
Thomas

2019-4-17
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hold the lest stick down for 3 seconds and turn off the vision positioning system
2019-4-17
Use props
4u2fast
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1555 ft
Germany

A J Posted at 4-17 01:08
Hold the lest stick down for 3 seconds and turn off the vision positioning system

Thanks but this takes too long while saiing :-(
2019-4-17
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

4u2fast Posted at 4-17 02:33
Thanks but this takes too long while saiing :-(

The VPS can be turned off before take off so if three seconds is too long to disarm the motors for you I would question whether taking off in the first place was safe.
2019-4-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We do appreciate your interest in our products.  The motors will stop rotating under the following conditions:

1. The aircraft's attitude is larger than 85 degrees.
2. The drone flies less than 2 m above the ground for more than 1 s (For some aircraft models, such as the Mavic Air, the flight height is 3 m.)
If there is no relative height, the motors will only stop rotating when the aircraft's attitude is larger than 65 degrees and angular velocity is less than 300 deg/s for over 8 s. But in this case you can push both sticks to the bottom inner or outer corners to stop the motors.
It is the same as that for the Mavic Pro.
There are two ways to stop the motors.
1) Pushing both sticks to the inner or outer bottom corners (CSC): Conduct CSC, the aircraft will first turn around, and then stop after 2 seconds. This operation is very dangerous and is not recommended for users.
2) Stopping the motors is allowed when the drone is malfunctioning.

Please note that, After the drone takes off, the method of stopping the motors can be changed.The motors should only be stopped mid-flight in an emergency situation such as if a collision has occurred, the aircraft is out of control, the motor has stalled, or the aircraft is ascending or descending very quickly.

2019-4-17
Use props
djiuser_GDhxaa91OI7b
lvl.2
Hungary

DJI Paladin Posted at 2019-4-17 14:28
We do appreciate your interest in our products.  The motors will stop rotating under the following conditions:

1. The aircraft's attitude is larger than 85 degrees.

Can I find any official and detailed description about CSC mid air shut off feature for Mavic 2? I'd like to know whether it is possible to turn off motors accidentally by one unfortunate stick positioning during a flight or not.
2020-3-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_GDhxaa91OI7b Posted at 3-1 05:53
Can I find any official and detailed description about CSC mid air shut off feature for Mavic 2? I'd like to know whether it is possible to turn off motors accidentally by one unfortunate stick positioning during a flight or not.

CSC will only work in the event of a collision or if craft is for instance tumbling because of lost prop etc and motors are still running, so answer to your question almost impossible.

With regards to hand catching and disabling motors , “Catch and turn over greater than 90degrees motors will cut “Or just follow Aj's method .
2020-3-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_GDhxaa91OI7b Posted at 3-1 05:53

It's there in p59 of your manual:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... 2.0_en_20191211.pdf
It says:
Stopping Motors Mid-Flight
Stopping the motors mid-flight will cause the aircraft to crash. The motors should only be stopped mid-flight in an emergency situation such as if there is a collision, a motor has stalled, the aircraft is rolling in the air, or the aircraft is out of control and is ascending/descending very quickly. To stop the motors mid-flight, use the same CSC that was used to start the motors

You will never accidentally CSC in normal flight.
Even if CSC did not stop your motors, you are going to crash anyway if you are flying in a way that used that unlikely stick position.
2020-3-1
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have mastered off-boat operation of various DJI drones to almost perfection, although it is always adrenaline pumping exercise. Particularly on shaky waters, when the boat is moving and bouncing up and down ...
First thing to do before flight is to disable Obstacle Avoidance/Vision Positioning sensors. Otherwise the drone will ... well, keep avoiding your catching hand. Secondly, have RC on neck strap. Once you establish firm and secure grab, push left stick down for 3 sec and off she goes ...
2020-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules