Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Audio Adapter and Wide Angle Lens for the DJI Osmo Pocket
1308 7 2019-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Udo13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

Today I received 2 parts for the Osmo Pocket.

- Audio Adapter with Microphone from eBay for 4,65 €.
I had ordered this adapter at the end of March, after a user in the Slashcam forum, also explicitly confirmed on demand, that it works.

- Wide Angle Lense Ulanzi OP-5 from AliExpress for 10,28 €
In a video you can make yourself a picture of it.
I think the quality for wide angle ok.
Or am I wrong?

2019-4-17
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

.. audio adapter doesn't work?  - it CANNOT work
Look at LOGO - it's an adapter for smartphone earphones without 3.5mm
Dealers tell even sky is pink - if it is dark blue ...

Mic is nice, but it doesn't work with DJI audio adapter, because it is TRRS and not TRS.

2019-4-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Udo13. Thank you for sharing these information with us today and thank you for your support.
2019-4-17
Use props
Udo13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

Now that I have looked at individual shots with Wide Angle Lense, I come to the conclusion that this part belongs to the scrap and should not be operated with the excellent DJI Pocket.

Look at the pictures on the edge, that's terrible.

Without Wide Angle Adapter

With Wide Angle Lense

We should warn every pocket user to buy such scrap
2019-4-17
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Udo13 Posted at 4-17 07:49
Now that I have looked at individual shots with Wide Angle Lense, I come to the conclusion that this part belongs to the scrap and should not be operated with the excellent DJI Pocket.

Look at the pictures on the edge, that's terrible.

Udo, forget about this .... filter/lens is not an easy thing to make, especially for such a tiny lens and sensor on OP....

Anyway, go for a spargel dinner and relax.
2019-4-17
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Most likely, the sensor of the OP is Sony IMX335, a type 1/2.8" CMOS sensor, pixel size is 2.0um x 2.0um, wide angle lens need Aspherical lens to bring the light falls perpendicular to the small sensor cells to get good results, other than perpendicular it still works, but you will encounter light loss, distortion and even blur. of course for general Vlogging, edge sharpness is not that important, some people can live with it. If a wide angle lens even deteriorates at the center of the image, it is just a piece of glass from broken beer bottle.

Thats why the FOV of OP is so small, if it is wider, it need bigger lenses in front of the sensor, it brings weight and size up .... OP will not that small. GoPro can do it better because it is in a box, lots of space, but OP's gimbal head is small, very small.

I do not mean OP is not a good product, it is very good indeed. but adding lens or filter on top of it have to be careful while you select it. Same as in audio part, there are some fundamental things we have to observe and learn, I play a lot of stereo recordings with cassettes during the mid 80's mainly using Sony pro systems, but I still listen to the forum member here, Mr. David Harry.
2019-4-17
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Oh-no Posted at 4-17 09:02
Most likely, the sensor of the OP is Sony IMX335, a type 1/2.8" CMOS sensor, pixel size is 2.0um x 2.0um, wide angle lens need Aspherical lens to bring the light falls perpendicular to the small sensor cells to get good results, other than perpendicular it still works, but you will encounter light loss, distortion and even blur. of course for general Vlogging, edge sharpness is not that important, some people can live with it. If a wide angle lens even deteriorates at the center of the image, it is just a piece of glass from broken beer bottle.

Thats why the FOV of OP is so small, if it is wider, it need bigger lenses in front of the sensor, it brings weight and size up .... OP will not that small. GoPro can do it better because it is in a box, lots of space, but OP's gimbal head is small, very small.

Those are some very good points well made.
I also wonder about cheap filters and how they affect the Osmo Pocket. For instance, when facing the sun (not the best idea but sometimes can't be helped)  the Osmo Pocket copes extremely well, but with an extra piece of glass in the way, I'm not so sure the results would be as good possibly making things like lens flare more visible.
The other worry would be that trying to mix shots with cheaper glass in front of the lens may become a quality continuity problem.
2019-4-17
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

Some people think they get a $7000-Leica/Nikon/Hasselblad for $369.  For this size OP is fine & okay -
photo & video. With youtube you will find excellent videos - and of course 95% videos made by dilletants.
Even audio is okay, you do not need audio for symphonic orchestra for vlogging or to impress friends
with the horrible noise of a motorcycle.

A big advantage of OP is its FOV, for less price you will get good action cams with wide angle.
2019-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules