GPS pos data via API trouble
2889 7 2019-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MadsHolm
lvl.1

Denmark

Hello, I am trying to get access to the GPS data (longtituda and latitude) throug the API port, so far i've managed to extract data from the flight controller through UART, and i have stared decoding it.
however i seem to run into som issues, when following the SDK protocol and appendix for the A3 it seems like the GPS position should be available twice, once in radians and once in degrees*10^7 (see attaced pictures)

It seems that these to data sets are not the same (and none of them are any where near my actual position.

Also it seems the the GPS detailed information should be 68 bytes long, from the information in the SDK Protocol, and from the information in the appendix it should only contain information of 8*32 bits = 32 bytes.

I hope some of you can help clearify what i am doing wrong, i have attached a pdf of my spreadsheet document where i am trying to decode the information i get from the flight controler.

Thanks in advance!

(it seems i am not able to upload the actual spreadsheet, so here is a link to google docs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSOBvB1n9jEDmvkaZw37wNrX2f6-lPxNM5r65koyeaPDsZIc_dm6s94GrB29CortZrkM5G129g8zFV5/pubhtml)

From appendix

From appendix

From SDK protocol

From SDK protocol

A3 test - 17-04-19.pdf

40.12 KB, Down times: 10

2019-4-17
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

Does the A3 have a GPS position when you're pulling this data?

I've successfully pulled lat/long from the CANBUS network of the A3 of a M600 with DRTK and seen some weird numbers like you're experiencing when there was no GPS fix inside
2019-4-17
Use props
MadsHolm
lvl.1

Denmark

HyperSpectral Posted at 4-17 09:50
Does the A3 have a GPS position when you're pulling this data?

I've successfully pulled lat/long from the CANBUS network of the A3 of a M600 with DRTK and seen some weird numbers like you're experiencing when there was no GPS fix inside

Thanks for the suggestion, I am positive that it has GPS, I've pulled the data outside with connection to at least 8 satellites according to the controller
2019-4-17
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
United States

MadsHolm Posted at 4-17 11:44
Thanks for the suggestion, I am positive that it has GPS, I've pulled the data outside with connection to at least 8 satellites according to the controller

Have you enabled the various data outputs listed in DJI Assistant with variable refresh rates?
2019-4-18
Use props
MadsHolm
lvl.1

Denmark

HyperSpectral Posted at 4-18 04:06
Have you enabled the various data outputs listed in DJI Assistant with variable refresh rates?

I believe i have, in DJI assistant 2, the outputs are enabled at 50Hz

Do you want to share your code form when you pulled it successfully
2019-4-18
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
United States

MadsHolm Posted at 4-18 23:25
I believe i have, in DJI assistant 2, the outputs are enabled at 50Hz

Do you want to share your code form when you pulled it successfully

I do not have the code as I work for a different company now and I was not the ROS software engineer who worked with it.

The WIRIS thermal camera extracts coordinates via canbus, as does the DJI Zenmuse XT. To get the raw data and work with the SDK you need to work in ROS. Have you been able to communicate at all in ROS?
2019-4-19
Use props
T James
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2418 ft
United States

Did you ever get anywhere with this? I have been trying to parse the A3 data from the API port with no luck. It almost appears as though the data are being padded differently for each message sent.
2019-4-22
Use props
T James
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2418 ft
United States

Did you ever get anywhere with this? I have been trying to parse the A3 data from the API port with no luck. It almost appears as though the data are being padded differently for each message sent.
2019-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules