Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
First real video - First weekend with MAir
1009 12 2019-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
photomankc
lvl.1
United States

Hello all,

I just recently picked up the Mavic Air with flymore package to extend my video and photo opertunities for my outdoor photography hobby.  I've been close to buying the pro a couple of times but the Air ended up really appealing to me.  Something that could be packed up tightly and get into a multi-day backpack at the sacrifce of a tripod.  My pack is always tight on space so the smaller packed size for the bird and controls was a big plus.  We are heading to Glacier National Park and surronding forest this summer and I'm keen to use this (outside the NP I know) to get an ariel perspective of the terrain as well as my normal photos.  

I spent the weekend at our recrational land working up the nerve to let it get up high and to exit beginner mode.  I have a pretty open bit of acreage that I could learn in without disturbing anyone.  I thought I'd post the last flight video I took just before heading back to the burbs.  It's a place in South Central Missouri called Vera Cruz.  Just a cool creek swimming hole with some cliffs to one side and a sandy beach.  Too early in spring for people to be here yet so a good chance to do some filming.

I need to GREATLY improve my ability to move multiple axis at once,  after I was done my yaw performance even annoyed me, but this is why I bought now, in hopes I could be better at the sticks by June!  

Hats off to DJI on an impressive peice of technology in a sharp and attractive package.  It's just head and shoulders above the other stuff I was looking at.  Really impressed with it's stability and sensors.  So much fun, even if my hands get sweaty when it's 200' off the ground.

2019-4-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Amazing footage! Thanks for sharing.
2019-4-17
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's a great video, congratulations....I know what you mean about the learning to move smoothly, the tiniest nudge on the controls sometimes moves the aircraft lots...I need to remember tripod mode as that slows everything down and smoothes the motions a touch. Good luck!
2019-4-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to see!
Room for improvement of course, but that is with everybody I guess
2019-4-17
Use props
Alex1976
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556867 ft
Italy

Not bad as first video. More time you spent flying and more pratice you will make to gain sensibility with the controller. And you have to explore the cinematic and tripod mode. Keep on flying....good start
2019-4-17
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done
2019-4-17
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lovely piece of footage
2019-4-17
Use props
Ken Storm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

Take a look at , he shows you the settings you need change to get a smoother control of those sticks.
Good early video.
2019-4-18
Use props
photomankc
lvl.1
United States

Ken Storm Posted at 4-18 00:22
Take a look at this , he shows you the settings you need change to get a smoother control of those sticks.
Good early video.

Thanks for the pointer to that video!

Thanks all for the feedback.   I love being able to show off some of the beautiful places that are hidden around our state.  Should have some footage of our biggest waterfall in a few weeks.  (It's little by all other standards).
2019-4-18
Use props
PortlandProDrones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231155 ft
United States

Nicely done! As mentioned earlier, consider exploring Tripod mode in the Intelligent flight mode options, as this can help smooth out your movements. I've found in my own exploration with video on the drone that I need to make even smaller corrections when I'm changing direction or even restart and move back to the starting point. This stuff just takes a lot of practice honestly. Another place that I adjust is the exponential settings for the left and right sticks. The exponential settings let you soften how the control stick responds to your input on the stick. This means I can adjust the responsiveness of the control sticks to how I move them rather than have them linear. Here's where you do that:

Finally, . They do a good job with their videos.        
Chris Anson - Part 107 Certified Remote PIC
Skylum Online Ambassador - Drone Photographer

2019-4-19
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Nicely done, great video
2019-4-20
Use props
ShermanFlyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

Very good first video
2019-4-22
Use props
photomankc
lvl.1
United States

PortlandProDrones Posted at 4-19 07:41
Nicely done! As mentioned earlier, consider exploring Tripod mode in the Intelligent flight mode options, as this can help smooth out your movements. I've found in my own exploration with video on the drone that I need to make even smaller corrections when I'm changing direction or even restart and move back to the starting point. This stuff just takes a lot of practice honestly. Another place that I adjust is the exponential settings for the left and right sticks. The exponential settings let you soften how the control stick responds to your input on the stick. This means I can adjust the responsiveness of the control sticks to how I move them rather than have them linear. Here's where you do that:
[view_image]
[view_image]

Thanks for those!  That looks really helpful.
2019-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules