Controller wheel no pan indication ?
934 6 2019-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Using the DJI controller wheel, the tilt is excellent - i think they did a fantastic job with the little cursor show the speed of the tilt and also the little dead band area being in green.

BUT ..... what about pan ? there is no indication of the pan speed, or have i missed an option ?

If this isnt there, DJI - could i request this as a desirable feature ? It seems strange the tilt is so well implemented but then no visual indication of pan ?

Thanks !
2019-4-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day MKosmo. Thank you for sharing this information with us today. Let me please forward this thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-4-17
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hi MKosmo

Yes - same for me.  I haven't found any setting to switch on a pan speed indicator either.
2019-4-17
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

This probably relates to the tilt being controllable on the tiny Pocket screen, together with indicator, but pan isn't (only works with the wheel).
2019-4-17
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 4-17 20:02
This probably relates to the tilt being controllable on the tiny Pocket screen, together with indicator, but pan isn't (only works with the wheel).

you could be right with the screen real estate issue, I guess there will always have to be a compromise.

also not sure why pan not included without the wheel, sure you pan just as much as you tilt.

The problem being that smooth pan you thought you had, can easily be a variable speed when you come to post, hence potentially wasted footage.

2019-4-18
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

At the end of the day I'd say that panning and tilting by whole arm or body movements are likely to be smoother than anything that can be done with a finger on a screen or with the wheel.  Those methods seem best if you want to fix an angle in either plane, then shoot.
Of course when using the wireless module, the app then becomes the best way of panning and tilting.
2019-4-18
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Fansfe, yes there are different ways of panning as you mention, but then if you want to go minimum setup and have bought an accessory for a particular reason - you’d want it to work as well as possible.

Besides if you have manual pans as poor as me ! You want all the automated help you can get.  
2019-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules