Smart Controller Go Share transfer size limit.
2195 5 2019-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
YosMavic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85472 ft
United States

Went to the beach today and took about 17 photos and (3) 5 min 1080p videos.

Transferred them from my M2P to the Smart Controller with no problems.

I wanted to cast the videos to my TV and share them with my family but couldn't get Go Share to pull the videos up for me to download them to the phone.

I ended up resetting the Smart Controller and was finally able to see the videos in the DJI GO 4 app.

Tried to download all 3 vidio and constantly got a download failed message. Check WiFi connection.

So I attempted to download 1 video at a time. All three video are 1080p. The first 2 were about 1.3 gb each and ended up downloading.

But the last one was 1.6gb and each time the download to my phone via the Go Share would make it to about 75% and give me the same download failed check WiFi connection message.

Pictures transfer instantly. Never an issue

But is there a glitch with transferring videos? Or is there a size limit to videos that can be transferred?

I know if you try to transfer 4k videos via Go Share it will change the video to 1080p. But why am I having a hard time downloading 1080p video to my phone via Go Share?

Any help would be appreciated.

2019-4-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, good day YosMavic. We do apologize for the inconvenience. Please kindly check whether the video has been edited as edited videos cannot be transferred to a mobile device with DJI GO Share. We also recommend checking whether the cached video or original footage is stored on the DJI Smart Controller’s memory, instead of the SD Card. The contents on the SD card cannot be transferred to a mobile device with DJI GO Share. In addition, you may try to pull out your SD card and connect it to via SD card reader to your pc and check if you can transfer files in your pc without no problem. Please keep us posted for us to further help you regards to this concern. Have a safe and happy flying always!
2019-4-18
Use props
djiuser_vLl0eLWZF0r2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14022 ft
Singapore

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-18 16:15
Hi, good day YosMavic. We do apologize for the inconvenience. Please kindly check whether the video has been edited as edited videos cannot be transferred to a mobile device with DJI GO Share. We also recommend checking whether the cached video or original footage is stored on the DJI Smart Controller’s memory, instead of the SD Card. The contents on the SD card cannot be transferred to a mobile device with DJI GO Share. In addition, you may try to pull out your SD card and connect it to via SD card reader to your pc and check if you can transfer files in your pc without no problem. Please keep us posted for us to further help you regards to this concern. Have a safe and happy flying always!

I have the same problem. I can transfer original videos from drone to smart controller but fails each time i try to transfer non-edited original 1080p to my iphone. Even for 10sec clip
2019-4-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_vLl0eLWZF0r2 Posted at 4-25 02:34
I have the same problem. I can transfer original videos from drone to smart controller but fails each time i try to transfer non-edited original 1080p to my iphone. Even for 10sec clip

Hi there, Thank you for reaching out. We highly recommend updating your DJI Smart Controller to the latest firmware since we already release a new firmware for it. All you need to do is just download the new DJI assistant 2 and proceed to the process of downloading the DJI Smart Controller. You may refer to the link below for you to download the new DJI assistant 2 to your computer. Please keep us posted on the latest update on the said issue. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Have a good one!
https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads
2019-4-25
Use props
djiuser_vLl0eLWZF0r2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14022 ft
Singapore

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-25 12:30
Hi there, Thank you for reaching out. We highly recommend updating your DJI Smart Controller to the latest firmware since we already release a new firmware for it. All you need to do is just download the new DJI assistant 2 and proceed to the process of downloading the DJI Smart Controller. You may refer to the link below for you to download the new DJI assistant 2 to your computer. Please keep us posted on the latest update on the said issue. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Have a good one!
https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads

Hi Gamora

I have updated firmware to 1.0.530 using assistant 2.
I still get download failure of original drone videos from controller to iphone x (see screenshot)
So the bug is still there
16EAFF0F-EFA4-4F71-B770-F7EFA44B32C0.png
2019-4-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_vLl0eLWZF0r2 Posted at 4-25 18:35
Hi Gamora

I have updated firmware to 1.0.530 using assistant 2.

Thank you for the additional information. We're so sorry for the trouble that this has caused. We will forward this concern to our DJI R&D Team for us to provide you the accurate information for us to possible isolate this problem. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Have a good one.
2019-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules