Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
manfredo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1891142 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all,

So I'm aware of the issue with the Date/Time resetting when Automatic Date/Time Update from network is enabled. The workaround that was provided was to disable Automatic Date/Time Update from network and manually set the date and time. I'm finding that even with this option disabled, the Date/Time still resets when you turn off the Smart Controller. I discovered this because I was not being promted for firmware update even thoguht I knew one existed. After researching a bit more, I noticed the Date/Time was incorrect. So it seems like the only way to not have this issue is to leave the Auto Update from Network feature ENABLED and then connect your Smart Controller to Wifi/phone when flying? and to also check for Firmware updates?

DJI, we need a fix for this as soon as possible. I understand there are always bugs in software but this one is particularly bad, when can we expect a fix? Below is a video showing the issue:

2019-4-18
Use props
dronie1965
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

They ( moderators) already confirmed in some other posts that they are aware of this and that there will be a fw update soon( last week they said between 1 and two weeks. Well one week already gone. , so we will see
2019-4-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day manfredo. I am sorry for the trouble and for reaching out. Please turn off the automatically synchronize with an internet time server feature and manually modify the time to the correct time. In addition the cause of the said problem has been located and it will be resolved in the next version of the firmware. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2019-4-18
Use props
manfredo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-18 10:21
Hello and good day manfredo. I am sorry for the trouble and for reaching out. Please turn off the automatically synchronize with an internet time server feature and manually modify the time to the correct time. In addition the cause of the said problem has been located and it will be resolved in the next version of the firmware. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you DJI Stephen, I have turned off the auto sync with internet time server option and manually set the date/time, but the issue still happens everytime I turn off the controller. Maybe I misunderstood the initial proposed workaround, but I was under the impression that turning off that option and manually setting the date/time would allow the controller to maintain the correct time? Aplogies if I'm mistaken
2019-4-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

manfredo Posted at 4-18 11:13
Thank you DJI Stephen, I have turned off the auto sync with internet time server option and manually set the date/time, but the issue still happens everytime I turn off the controller. Maybe I misunderstood the initial proposed workaround, but I was under the impression that turning off that option and manually setting the date/time would allow the controller to maintain the correct time? Aplogies if I'm mistaken

Thank you for the given update manfredo. You are definitely correct with the said process. I am sorry to know that the issue is still persisting. Rest assured that out DJI Developers are on this matter for us to give this issue the best resolution. Thank you for your patience and support.
2019-4-18
Use props
manfredo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-18 11:43
Thank you for the given update manfredo. You are definitely correct with the said process. I am sorry to know that the issue is still persisting. Rest assured that out DJI Developers are on this matter for us to give this issue the best resolution. Thank you for your patience and support.

Thank you, please do lets us know if you hear any further updates on the firmware as this is a particularly ugly problem.
2019-4-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

manfredo Posted at 4-18 11:54
Thank you, please do lets us know if you hear any further updates on the firmware as this is a particularly ugly problem.

You are very much welcome manfredo. Once I have an update I will definitely send you a PM. You can also visit our official website at www.dji.com for the latest news and updates on the DJI Smart Controller. Thank you for your patience and valued support.
2019-4-18
Use props
Billboyheritagesurvey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen, it would be a god idea to PM all here too: https://forum.dji.com/thread-183553-3-1.html
2019-4-19
Use props
fans02bccbb5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19459 ft
United Kingdom

You're not alone - same problem here. It's just not annoying enough. Expected better from DJI tbh
2019-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules