Dual remote support
5156 25 2019-4-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
*DM*
lvl.4
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

The latest (large) update includes dual remote support for M2's.

Is that what I think it is?
2019-4-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, thanks for reaching out. The Mavic 2 Pro already supports Dual Remote Controller Mode for Android devices. If you have any problem with the update, please let me know. Kindly see screenshot below for your reference, thanks!
2019-4-18
Use props
EmailGuy
lvl.1
United States

This sounds interesting. Does that mean that two Android devices can connect to the remote controller at the same time so that two people can see the video preview at the same time? Can one of those two Android devices be the Smart Controller.

Here is what I'm trying to do. I record video for a TV production and I control the M2P with the Smart controller. The director has an Android tablet with DJI Go 4 and he is connected at the same time and can see the video preview.

I know I could hook up an external HDMI monitor, but finding a portable high resolution battery powered HDMI monitor has been difficult. I already have many nice portable Android devices.
2019-4-18
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

EmailGuy Posted at 4-18 08:06
This sounds interesting. Does that mean that two Android devices can connect to the remote controller at the same time so that two people can see the video preview at the same time? Can one of those two Android devices be the Smart Controller.

Here is what I'm trying to do. I record video for a TV production and I control the M2P with the Smart controller. The director has an Android tablet with DJI Go 4 and he is connected at the same time and can see the video preview.

I believe that is the case with two RC's - with one used as a master to control the drone and the other a slave to control just the camera (may be) or at least have a trainer/trainee function. We're still waiting for the iOS update on the app as the options do not currently appear after upgrading the FW to .400.
2019-4-18
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

EmailGuy Posted at 4-18 08:06
This sounds interesting. Does that mean that two Android devices can connect to the remote controller at the same time so that two people can see the video preview at the same time? Can one of those two Android devices be the Smart Controller.

Just to be clear, you need 2 controllers for this to work.  You set up a primary and secondary controller connected to the drone.

It does not work with 1 controller and 2 phones.

Also, just to be clear, iOS and the DJI Smart Controller are still at v4.3.14 of DJI Go 4.  So until they update them to v4.3.16, those devices won't work with this feature.
2019-4-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

As far as I’m aware yes you can use two remotes, originally dji had said you would be able to use old Mavic Pro. RC as a dual, so I’m presuming you will be able to use old Mavic Pro. Second M2 RC and SRC, I haven’t seen anywhere that you will be able to have second controller control camera, if this is the case it will be great, with Mavic Pro. Dual RC you could only use as a trainer so it wasn’t much use .
2019-4-18
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-18 07:39
Hi there, thanks for reaching out. The Mavic 2 Pro already supports Dual Remote Controller Mode for Android devices. If you have any problem with the update, please let me know. Kindly see screenshot below for your reference, thanks!
[view_image]
Cheers but I still dont understand. Can we now use two r/c's with one operator for flying duty the other for camera operation?

Edit; I just watched Originaldobos Tube review and it is indeed the above.

Absolutely fantastic and a big shove towards true pro usage for the M2's.

Thanks DJI and confirmation that you listen to users!
2019-4-18
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Would be useful for some peopleGreat if they add in this feature
2019-4-18
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Glad to see GO4 version 4.3.16 is now up and running on iOS
2019-4-18
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

A J Posted at 4-18 08:12
I believe that is the case with two RC's - with one used as a master to control the drone and the other a slave to control just the camera (may be) or at least have a trainer/trainee function. We're still waiting for the iOS update on the app as the options do not currently appear after upgrading the FW to .400.

The DJI GO 4 update to v 4.3.16 is available since a couple of hours now... Looks fine!
2019-4-18
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CanonMax Posted at 4-18 23:47
The DJI GO 4 update to v 4.3.16 is available since a couple of hours now... Looks fine!

Yeah I know - I said that in post 10
2019-4-18
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4846939 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KlooGee Posted at 4-18 08:25
Just to be clear, you need 2 controllers for this to work.  You set up a primary and secondary controller connected to the drone.

It does not work with 1 controller and 2 phones.

Good to know, thanks for the clarification!
2019-4-19
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do we know if you can use the Smart controller as one remote, and the standard controller with an android phone?
2019-4-19
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

*DM* Posted at 4-18 12:02
Cheers but I still dont understand. Can we now use two r/c's with one operator for flying duty the other for camera operation?

Edit; I just watched Originaldobos Tube review and it is indeed the above.

Do you have a link to the video, I was unable to find it.
2019-4-19
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

It's probably this -

2019-4-19
Use props
DaMa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Maybe that helps, the description can be found on page 39 of the manual (MP1).
P1010805.JPG
2019-4-19
Use props
Devildog01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1263924 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-18 07:39
[view_image]

So where is the new update? Not on Play store and not with DJI Support. I have updated the aircraft software but I can not find the new update for DJI Go to allow for a 2nd controller.
2019-4-22
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

2019-4-23
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

So, would it be possible to get an official statement from Dji themselves what dual controller support really means, or is too much to ask for?
2019-4-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

CineView Media Posted at 4-24 15:10
So, would it be possible to get an official statement from Dji themselves what dual controller support really means, or is too much to ask for?

Dual RC, works very similar to dual on inspire 2, you will have a master which will over ride all actions from slave RC, but Slave can both pilot the AC and control gimbal and camera .
2019-4-24
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Devildog01 Posted at 4-22 17:58
So where is the new update? Not on Play store and not with DJI Support. I have updated the aircraft software but I can not find the new update for DJI Go to allow for a 2nd controller.

I had the update for go4 yesterday.
2019-4-24
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Will Dji start selling the regular controllers as a separate product, or is this feature just to enhance the sale of the smart controller?
What functionality will we achieve with a second controller? Can the camera pan and tilt be engaged within the same limits you can with the touch screen method in the app, or is it just for training purposes?
2019-4-25
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

looks like its just been added today to the smart controller too!!

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D552%26typeid%3D552

2019-4-25
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

For anyone who has tried it yet, hows the overall stability of the .400 update and dual remote function?
2019-4-27
Use props
fans82a02d84
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8049101 ft
  • >>>
United States

HI I haven't hooked up a second remote yet.  I'm wondering if it's possible to Pan with the gimbal using one of the wheels on the remote?  Currently the only way I know how to make the gimbal pan is by using the touch screen.  Yes, I'm aware we can adjust pitch with one of the wheels but Pan would be great option on the secondary remote.  Thanks
2019-5-16
Use props
Devildog01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1263924 ft
United States

I just want to use the second pair of goggles I bought. DJI advertised from the start of the M2 that two goggles could be used. $1000 later, months later and numerous attempted contacts with nothing. No two googles modes, NO updates and No response from DJI. I am calling BS on this now.
2019-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules