Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Droffarc
First Officer
Flight distance : 11265331 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Hi all
Here is a long and winding yarn of yaws.
It started with the flyaway of my second spark - Bi by name.
Being still under warrantee DJI kindly sent me another spark with compliments - for which I am intensly thankful.
Problem is, this spark - Hui by name - also yaws badly. I alerted DJI who indicated that I should Send it to China.
In their instructions the indicate that one should remove the battery etc which i did and last December 2018 I sent it off by slow boat to China.
In February 2019 I still had heard nothing and commenced a search for my spark.
Eventually in mid April I was notified that the postal service had located my spark And I thankfully retrieved it - it had never left the country (South Africa)!
Apparently the South African Customs declined to send it because it had a battery - which it did not! There was no battery in the parcel!
The parcel was sent to the dealer from whom I had purchased Bi originally. Who declined receipt 'cos they never sent it in da foist place.
So I had paid good money and got nothing in return.
I notified DJI of the find and requested them to close the case as I would re-evaluate Hui -see my results:

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/HVGUEPOGC7AKCE86Y4XY/

What I note is that among the miriad of yaws and compass errors the is the issue of satelites and satelite signal strength.
I invite you to give intelligent comment on this and suggestwhat I should do next...
Thanks awfully
D

Yaws galore - No signal strength

Yaws galore - No signal strength

No yaw - no signal Strength

No yaw - no signal Strength

No Yaw - signal 4x4

No Yaw - signal 4x4
2019-4-18
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

First of all, sorry to hear such bad things. I curious to know is it happened in different places?
2019-4-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Droffarc, we are so sorry for the difficulties on sending the drone and the troubles with the Spark. We are unable to check the flight logs you upload to www.phantomhelp.com. Upon checking the email, you've sent us lots of flight records by the email, can you please tell us the date of when the issue happened so that we can forward to the team to look into? Thank you.
2019-4-18
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Droffarc,

Wow, you are not a lucky person with your drones!

I will try to give a intelligent comment on your flightlog  ;-)

The first compass error at 22 seconds after takeoff, just after the first yaw input.
Followed by YAW error wich kills the use of GPS signals, so SPARK goes into OPTI or ATTI.
This even when you have 16 satellites or more!

Because the compass error was so close in time after takeoff and 3.6 meters height; must have picked some magn interference at takeoff position.

After take off checks are important ; just bring in hover and move in sequence all directions, a full turn left and right and watch the app for errors and see the red arrow indication OK or NOK. If all looks good : start to fly. If in doubt, land and start thinking what to do. (better than far in flight from HP getting ATTI mode etc...)

Did you calibrate your compass just before this flight at takeoff position?

cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
analysis2.png
2019-4-18
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-18 18:36
Hi Droffarc, we are so sorry for the difficulties on sending the drone and the troubles with the Spark. We are unable to check the flight logs you upload to www.phantomhelp.com. Upon checking the email, you've sent us lots of flight records by the email, can you please tell us the date of when the issue happened so that we can forward to the team to look into? Thank you.

18 April 2019
2019-4-19
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

JJB* Posted at 4-18 22:59
Hi Droffarc,

Wow, you are not a lucky person with your drones!

Hi JJB
No I have not calibrated compass since receiving it back on Wednesday.
Will calibrate again when I have the opportunity.
The area I flew is the same as many other flights with my other spark and as you can see it is far from anything.
2019-4-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

It seems all the flight records you provided is in 2018, can you please upload the flight record on 18 April 2019 to Dropbox or Google Driver and post the link here? Thank you.
2019-4-20
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-20 19:53
It seems all the flight records you provided is in 2018, can you please upload the flight record on 18 April 2019 to Dropbox or Google Driver and post the link here? Thank you.

https://drive.google.com/folderv ... xsx5ywGk-clvGEofiT9

Hope this works.
2019-4-21
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

Calibrated the compass today but WAY TOO WINDY to fly. Will fly again when wind blows away - maybe next weekend.
2019-4-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Droffarc Posted at 4-21 11:20
Calibrated the compass today but WAY TOO WINDY to fly. Will fly again when wind blows away - maybe next weekend.

Thanks for the flight records, it has been escalated to the related team to analyze, I will keep you updated once it is done. Please keep us updated with the result after the tests.
2019-4-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi Droffarc, thanks for your patience, our engineers have checked the flight records, you were flying in a 10-30m slope, the GPS could be blocked and not precise even though the APP shows enough satellites. Did you try to fly in a flat and open place to test? Please calibrate the compass when you change a different flight environment.
2019-4-25
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-25 04:23
Hi Droffarc, thanks for your patience, our engineers have checked the flight records, you were flying in a 10-30m slope, the GPS could be blocked and not precise even though the APP shows enough satellites. Did you try to fly in a flat and open place to test? Please calibrate the compass when you change a different flight environment.

Thanks for the feedback.
So I should fly in a place that is flat, has no trees and has no interference from other WI-Fi devices, not too windy and not too cold...

Hmm
I will have to move to another part of the country or out to sea, but I should not fly over water and I cannot fly in a no fly zone.....

The Gobi desert perhaps?   

2019-4-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Droffarc Posted at 4-25 10:04
Thanks for the feedback.
So I should fly in a place that is flat, has no trees and has no interference from other WI-Fi devices, not too windy and not too cold...

We are just trying to troubleshoot the problem, please test in an open area with strong GPS signal, more tests in different places will help with the analysis, thank you.
2019-4-25
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

Hey diddle diddle
the cat and the fiddle
the cow jumped over the moon
the little dog laughed to see such fun
and the dish ran away with the spoon!

And the news is
I may have mentioned that I have two sparks - Fei and Hui
Hui being the one with the yaws
Fei had no yaws
So I set Hui to all the same settings as Fei except that Fei is on 2.4 while Hui is on 5.8

And you guessed it!
NO MORE YAWS
see for yourself

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/DQ9BAJHX8131992OUYQG/

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/X7HSU0PDSIBHTPA4EFYW/

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/L3AZHWILGE3PGM2C1BR3/

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/KZ5PGSDAFBZEFIY107MT/

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/JYKLGRS7E9EBEGDY061P/

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/EMTYAF1J9YNO95MAUUA2/

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/KDO3H7WPFPHTGWGG1M47/

So I am over the moon!  Gannymede that is!

2019-4-27
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

Sorry I did not record the previous settings but have posted screenshots of the new yaw free settings here   settings
2019-4-27
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

I want to thank all the DJI personnel for their assistance in my dilemma. I know it is sorted now.  谢谢

Xi`exi`e
2019-4-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Droffarc Posted at 4-27 12:17
I want to thank all the DJI personnel for their assistance in my dilemma. I know it is sorted now.  谢谢

Xi`exi`e

Glad to know the issue has been figured out, hope you enjoy flying. If there is any other problem, please feel free to let us know.
2019-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules