Where is focus fixed when powering up in AFS?
625 4 2019-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Anyone know where the focus is fixed if AFS is the selected mode when powering up?  Just wondering if any of you have tried an experiment to check.

It seems to remember the AFS mode when powering down.

John
2019-4-19
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

I just pull out my OP and test some shots and crop in 200% to compare.
In default it seems focus between 1m ~ 30m range.

Closer than 1m clearly out of focus.
Farther than 30m is also in the usable focus but if I manually touch 100m object and compare it with default one,
Manual focus is almost ignorably tiny bit more in focus at 100m object. (Default focus is still very similar)
However if I manually focus at 100m, 30m distant object is a bit noticably out focus than defalt focus. (But still ignorable if seen without crop in.)

2019-4-19
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Thanks Tide.   So, it appears that by leaving the OP in APS we are close to having an infinity focus setting for general use.  Will suit most of my clips especially when doing quick grab shots straight out of my pocket.

I'll give it a try ...
2019-4-19
Use props
DJDream
lvl.3
Israel

John Walker Posted at 4-19 03:47
Thanks Tide.   So, it appears that by leaving the OP in APS we are close to having an infinity focus setting for general use.  Will suit most of my clips especially when doing quick grab shots straight out of my pocket.

I'll give it a try ...

I think that you can say the same for AFC as well...
2019-4-19
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJDream Posted at 4-19 06:46
I think that you can say the same for AFC as well...

The difference that I have found is that in AFC is that it always does a focus pump at the start of the clip and also during a slow pan using the wheel.  I don't get this with AFS.   Latest FW update.
2019-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules