genuine battery firmware check?
934 5 2019-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pallol
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1414761 ft
Australia

I have just rebuilt a P3s that I bought 2nd hand. the battery that came with it was shot and i had trouble locating another 'genuine' battery. I managed to get her flying - quite well, but after about five flights the battery did not respond, it suddenly became a bad battery in flight and refused to be recognised. It is near impossible to get genuine p3 batteries where i am, and any other battery will not work as it is not genuine and the drone won't recognise it. Is it possible to downgrade the firmware back to when non genuine batteries can be used? I am currently on v1.9.2fw. which one do i need to go back to?

sorry if the question is not allowed, as i said, it is almost impossible getting genuine p3 batteries, and I think I have spent enough time and money (gimbal motors, pcb, arms, ribbon cables and two batteries) I am not game to buy another battery incase it is not the issue. I just want to fly her
2019-4-19
Use props
G-BYPA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1410325 ft
United Kingdom

On your non genuine batts there is a lil four way contact pad this gives the info for the battery when i got a power extra it came with a bit of foam covering it with a lil label that said remove. they had issues with the pads corroding in storage before sale so they sorted it with that long story short check pads on batt and pins on drone are not bent or fluffed over with corrosion  pad
2019-4-29
Use props
Pallol
lvl.2
Australia

G-BYPA Posted at 4-29 11:11
On your non genuine batts there is a lil four way contact pad this gives the info for the battery when i got a power extra it came with a bit of foam covering it with a lil label that said remove. they had issues with the pads corroding in storage before sale so they sorted it with that long story short check pads on batt and pins on drone are not bent or fluffed over with corrosion  pad

I have since bit the bullet and bought a refurb. All my batteries work.

The evidence is pointing toward a bad patch in the board or a bad firmware update, still working on it. At best I got two drones, at worst, I don’t have to buy spares for a while
2019-5-10
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Just noticed in airdata that I have more P3 batteries than I do. I'll have to sit down and look at serial numbers but does anybody know if, and why, batteries would renumber themselves? Two batteries were originally P 3P but now used in the P3A.
2019-5-10
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Sorry Pallol din't mean to hijack the thread but probably not worth one by itself.
2019-5-10
Use props
Pallol
lvl.2
Australia

sky wombat Posted at 5-10 03:50
Sorry Pallol din't mean to hijack the thread but probably not worth one by itself.

S’ok, can probably close this now anyways - my issue has gone away
2019-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules