829 3 2019-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
G.d.M.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3229810 ft
Italy

This is my experience in India during March 2019:

I've been working as a foreign photographer (Italian) in beautiful India for 2 weeks in different locations.

Had no problem arriving in New Delhi (from Taiwan) with cameras and drone (Mavic2 Pro)

Flew about 6 domestic flights with IndGo with Drone and cameras trolley.
The airline staff (IndiGo) couldn't care less (abot the drone), they are nice, very well trained and mostly helpful.

Problem is Police @ security checks.
First of all it looks like there is not the same rule for every airport, it appears that every airport police enforce their own "home made" security rules.

For example:
Delhi-Goa: No problem in taking Cameras trolley, Manfrotto tripod and Mavic2 Pro as cabin luggage.
Goa-Hubli: same as before

Be aware that in all those domestic airports if you get there just for a transfer you still have to get out of airside and go through security check again... no transfer mode between arrival and departures.

Hubli-Chennai: police officer says tripod is dangerous (no problem for Mavic) so is not admitted on board, luckily IndiGo staff was helpful in packing it in a box and checked in.
Chennai-Delhi: police officer says "in Chennai Drones are not allowed on board since they are dangerous  (it was a folded Mavic2 with no propellers)" so after an endless discussion I had to put it in my backpack and checked with luggage, and they had me checked also LiPo batteries which is really stupid and dangerous
Agra-Delhi: no problems.

So here is the thing:
Police forces are entitled to security checks @ airports
They don't know anything about drones, and have home made rules according to the officer in charge that day...
It looks like there is not a Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) guidance they are following (maybe there is one, but it doesn't looks like anyone ever read it).
Also is totally a waste of time to argue with them on a rational base because there is no rational base in what they say.

To be honest I have to say people has always been nice and respectful @ all times and I could keep traveling never missing a flight
My advice is, to avoid problems, check your drone (do not take it in the cabin), take LiPo battery with you,
fly safe.
2019-4-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day G.d.M. Thank you for these information and for sharing your experience. This information will be very helpful for all our DJI Co pilot who are planning to travel to the said location. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-4-19
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Awesome - thanks for sharing
2019-5-23
Use props
AIRQUAD
Second Officer