970 28 2019-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Hello friends!
For recent month I was shooting in the Dniester river water meadows, Wetland National Park, part of Ramsar Convention. I’ve become a witness of greatest disaster that every year happens there. Fire from fields of irresponsible local farmers go in the wild. This short video - just an image of consequences. For a long period of time I’ve couldn’t approach to this footage to edit it, my heart was tearing appart with pain. Finally I’ve done it and want to share the result. Hope this video could draw attention to this catastrophe.

P.S. Can add that Spark turns to be a really good equipment for documentry work. Quite stable and reliable. So thank you DJI for helping to solve such complicated issues and produce evidences for present and future.

2019-4-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sad story behind it but you were stil able to manage to have an awesome footage and we really appreciate your courage for sharing this with us. Have a good day!
2019-4-19
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

Fire can actually be good for the long-term health of grasslands, but getting burned over every year can't be good. Sorry to hear that's happening to one of your favourite spots.

Otherwise, really nice flying as usual. Good job.
2019-4-19
Use props
MccloudSpark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

Yes - very sad!  The loss of wildlife is heart wrenching.  The grass will return and the wildlife will return and prosper once again.  Wild fires are a part of our world.

Excellent video as always.
2019-4-19
Use props
Hobbyshop
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32769 ft
United States

I understand your pain, around my area fools set fire to our county wilderness area. Great job flying though.
2019-4-19
Use props
Arnie R
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80958 ft
United States

Excellent footage of an otherwise very sad occurrence.
2019-4-19
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sad sight to see but you've captured it really well. Fire is so destructive
2019-4-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fabulous footage for such an sad event. I completely understand we are still recovering for the gore fire we had here,
2019-4-19
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

Holy crap!  Gives you a whole new respect when you see it like this!
2019-4-19
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Beautiful video.

Here, they burned off a pasture about a square mile. Let's see, 2.6 square km.

Essential to keep grassland. I suppose you COULD plow and reseed it, but burning it off works easier.
2019-4-20
Use props
Blackpaw
lvl.4
Netherlands

Fantastic documentary type footage and it is terrible see such irresponsibility!!! Where I am from in the USA, Idaho, farmers are still allowed to burn their fields, i.e. wheat stubble, but there is regulation and heavy liability if it goes beyond their land and god forbid if it is a wetland, things go federal and that is NEVER good.  
2019-4-21
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

Stunning aerial footage. You did an excellent survey of the area. It is indeed sad to see so much of charred area. Can only imagine the pain it would have caused to the animals and birds in that area. I think you should share this video with the local forest and wildlife protection bodies and draw their attention to it.
2019-4-21
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

That’s very sad. It’s good of you to bring  attention to this practice.
2019-4-21
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

Prairie Chicken Posted at 4-19 10:02
Fire can actually be good for the long-term health of grasslands, but getting burned over every year can't be good. Sorry to hear that's happening to one of your favourite spots.

Otherwise, really nice flying as usual. Good job.

Thank you for appraisal! This National Park is a really magical place, where we can still observe wild nature. I've never see so many types of birds in any other place. So think it's my duty to documenting such disaster and trying to share this evidence as much as possible.
Thanks for watching me!
2019-4-22
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

MccloudSpark Posted at 4-19 16:58
Yes - very sad!  The loss of wildlife is heart wrenching.  The grass will return and the wildlife will return and prosper once again.  Wild fires are a part of our world.

Excellent video as always.

The problem with fire on this territory that it's uncontrollable and  horribly regular. Nature just haven't time to recover.
Thanks for compliment and thanks for watching!
2019-4-22
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

Hobbyshop Posted at 4-19 19:27
I understand your pain, around my area fools set fire to our county wilderness area. Great job flying though.

Really bad situation, but in our (I mean this drone community) capability to show  the problem and try to draw attention.
Thanks for participation!
2019-4-22
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

Arnie R Posted at 4-19 19:41
Excellent footage of an otherwise very sad occurrence.

Thank you, I appreciate it!
2019-4-22
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

A J Posted at 4-19 22:17
Sad sight to see but you've captured it really well. Fire is so destructive

Thank you! Hope with our drone community we can do something for the Mother Nature
2019-4-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lysak2003 Posted at 4-22 08:40
Thank you! Hope with our drone community we can do something for the Mother Nature

There are many practical ways to use drones for sure - including commercial based activities that help nature and save lives but even hobbyists can share captures of important events as you have proved here.
2019-4-22
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

Woe Posted at 4-19 22:33
Fabulous footage for such an sad event. I completely understand we are still recovering for the gore fire we had here,

Thanks for watching! Absolutely agree with you about this inappropriate situation with uncontrolled fire. Ministry of Agriculture has to inform those farmers about law regulation and amout of punishment contribution that can be taken after such incidents. Farmers have to be responsible for their actions.
2019-4-23
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Awesome footage, nicely edited
2019-4-23
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

Mhinc Posted at 4-19 23:23
Holy crap!  Gives you a whole new respect when you see it like this!

Thank you for attention to this catastrophic problem. I appreciate it.
2019-4-23
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

Tentoes Posted at 4-20 14:31
Beautiful video.

Here, they burned off a pasture about a square mile. Let's see, 2.6 square km.

Thanks for watching! Yes, their behavior is just horrible and main problem is in lack of control from specialized inspections that have to warn these farmers about consequences and methods of punishment.   Home it'll turn in better side as soon as possible.
2019-4-24
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

Blackpaw Posted at 4-21 08:04
Fantastic documentary type footage and it is terrible see such irresponsibility!!! Where I am from in the USA, Idaho, farmers are still allowed to burn their fields, i.e. wheat stubble, but there is regulation and heavy liability if it goes beyond their land and god forbid if it is a wetland, things go federal and that is NEVER good.

Thank you for participation in this important conversation. USA created powerful system of control for different part of social life: tax collection, labour rules, conservancy etc. My sister lives in Oregon, so I now something about that. Unfortunately, in Ukraine we've just started (after 28 years of independence) to build our lets say "state system" and many part of our life still demand of improvement. Nature protection is in this row
2019-4-24
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

nilanjan118 Posted at 4-21 16:31
Stunning aerial footage. You did an excellent survey of the area. It is indeed sad to see so much of charred area. Can only imagine the pain it would have caused to the animals and birds in that area. I think you should share this video with the local forest and wildlife protection bodies and draw their attention to it.

Thank you for attention to this problem. I know how Japan as state and the Japanese as citizens of their country treat and communicate with Nature. It always commanded respect from me personally. So I know what you exactly feel while watching these horrible images I contacted with police department and National Park workers and hope they'll do their job...But problem is in general attitude of local people. This situation repeats every year...
2019-4-24
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

Sayhelloforme Posted at 4-21 19:58
That’s very sad. It’s good of you to bring  attention to this practice.

Thank you for sympathy. Hope I could do something for such tragic situation
2019-4-24
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

jacksonnai Posted at 4-23 05:02
Awesome footage, nicely edited

Thanks for watching me! How is it going with Nature protection in your local area?
2019-4-24
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Lysak2003 Posted at 4-24 02:43
Thanks for watching me! How is it going with Nature protection in your local area?

You're welcome Lysak
Pretty nice I say, there are more than 40 protected areas in Malaysia, including the national park, state park, wildlife sanctuaries, ect
The government have done a really great job protecting them.

2019-4-25
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

jacksonnai Posted at 4-25 07:02
You're welcome Lysak
Pretty nice I say, there are more than 40 protected areas in Malaysia, including the national park, state park, wildlife sanctuaries, ect
The government have done a really great job protecting them.

It’s nice to hear! Malaysia is really good-looking, I’ve seen many great footadges from there.
2019-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules