949 2 2019-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ScooterC5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435052 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI recently replaced my Inspire 2 and X5S under DJI Care Refresh.. During yesterday's video shoot, i experienced the video freezing on my Go4 app on 3 different occasions (using latest Go4 app version and iPad Mini 5). After about 20 seconds the video screen would resume to live view again. In addition to that, I noticed periodic twitches in my videos. See video sample link below. Anyone else experience this?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/acxopbm8cbglxv9/Video%20Jump.mp4?dl=0
2019-4-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, good day ScooterC5. We do apologize for the inconvenience. May I know if the firmware of the drone is in the latest one? Have you tried using another mobile device that is recommended for the Inspire 2 for us to isolate the issue? In addition, there could be interference in the area where you flew your drone. Can you please try to fly your drone in a different location to see if the issue will still persist. Please keep us posted on the latest update for us to further help you with this concern. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Have a good one.
2019-4-19
Use props
ScooterC5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435052 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-19 11:39
Hi, good day ScooterC5. We do apologize for the inconvenience. May I know if the firmware of the drone is in the latest one? Have you tried using another mobile device that is recommended for the Inspire 2 for us to isolate the issue? In addition, there could be interference in the area where you flew your drone. Can you please try to fly your drone in a different location to see if the issue will still persist. Please keep us posted on the latest update for us to further help you with this concern. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Have a good one.

It is the latest firmware .0300. I didn't try my iPad mini 4, but I didn't see any reason why the iPad mini 5 with the faster CPU would be any different... So I guess it's possible the Mini 5 could have had an effect on the video freezing? Not likely in my opinion... However, the iPad mini or display device should not effect the movement of the camera/gimbal in any way during flight. The flight location was a neighborhood community with no real industrial or power infrastructure nearby that I could see. It's also kind of odd that I never experienced this before in flying 2 years with the Inspire 2, and this is my first real flight and video shoot with the new replacement and I had this issue... so it's a little suspect for me right now. I'll fly in a different location and test again, but it worries me because it wasn't so consistent. It was very intermittent... so it will be hard to determine if the problem is really gone or not on the next flight.
2019-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules