Bad USB Port on Inspire 1 RC
2931 8 2019-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans94f91e13
lvl.1
Flight distance : 353271 ft
United States

So one of my Inspire 1 controllers (I have 3 total) has a bad USB/HDMI board. When I connect my Samsung Galaxy S10 to the suspect controller, I get a message on my phone telling me to check USB connection and the Go app doesn't launch. I have narrowed the issue down to the USB board by swapping over a board from one of my other known good controllers and the issue followed the bad board.

I plan on replacing just the USB port itself sometime to see if that fixes the problem. Buying a brand new HDMI module will be my very last resort, as I can just manually link one of my controllers from my other Inspire 1 if i wanted.

But in the mean time.. does anyone know if the non-hdmi USB board from a Phantom 3 Pro will work with the Inspire 1 controller? I have a few spare Phantom 3 controllers that I can take parts from (the drones these RCs belonged to went swimming as I use my drones primarily for fishing) and I have no use for the HDMI port with my Inspire 1 anyway.

Thanks in advance for the help.
2019-4-19
Use props
fans18094883
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70108 ft
United States

unplug your galaxy and disable fast charging  with usb (not fast wireless charging)
the go app is not supporting galaxy s10 yet btw

2019-4-19
Use props
fans94f91e13
lvl.1
Flight distance : 353271 ft
United States

fans18094883 Posted at 4-19 12:17
unplug your galaxy and disable fast charging  with usb (not fast wireless charging)
the go app is not supporting galaxy s10 yet btw

Really? Other than with that specific USB board on that controller, my s10+ works fine as far as I can tell for both dji go with my inspire and dji go4 with my phantom 4.

And when I switched that board out on that same controller, it worked fine so I think its specifically that USB board.

But I'll try your suggestion and see if it helps. Thanks
2019-4-19
Use props
fans18094883
lvl.2
United States

fans94f91e13 Posted at 4-19 13:05
Really? Other than with that specific USB board on that controller, my s10+ works fine as far as I can tell for both dji go with my inspire and dji go4 with my phantom 4.

And when I switched that board out on that same controller, it worked fine so I think its specifically that USB board.

whats your settings ? i cannot get my p4p to work since switching to s10+?
im on verizon in the states...
i was getting bad usb connection and found the s10 has a 25 wattt fast charging switch thats fussy with other usb ports?
mike
2019-4-20
Use props
fans18094883
lvl.2
United States

fans94f91e13 Posted at 4-19 13:05
Really? Other than with that specific USB board on that controller, my s10+ works fine as far as I can tell for both dji go with my inspire and dji go4 with my phantom 4.

And when I switched that board out on that same controller, it worked fine so I think its specifically that USB board.

what settings do u have to use the phantom 4 and a galaxy s10 i can not connect?
2019-4-22
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not sure if the Galaxy S10 has been tested yet.  DJI Stephen provided us with this first part of March 2019.

2019-5-4
Use props
Mega Joe
lvl.1
United States

DJI inspire 1 Drone V1 with X3 Zenmuse Camera, Battery TB47 and TB48, 2 RC. We use Samsung Note 9, Note 10, and a Samsung S5 tablet.
I've tried looking up all the possible solutions to fix the RC to connect with the DJI app on the tablet/phone but it did not work.  We currently use inspire 1 with two RC, the inspire 1 drone has been updated to the most recent FW via usb flash. But the RC did not respond to any FW updates via usb flash, (tried almost every possible solution, 2.0 usb, 3.0 usb, Micro TF card with usb adapter, all of the usb were tested with different formats [NTFS, Fat32, exFat], but it did not respond to any of the FW updates [WM610_FW_V01.02.02.17.bin all the way up to  WM610_FW_V01.11.01.50.bin]. Even tried sticking the usb FW update to the drone first so that it can write its own files onto the usb then using that same usb that the drone read, to update the RC, but it did not justice. Tried desoldering and resoldering the usb ports, didn't work so switched out usb ports to new usb ports by soldering new ones with same pins, still did not work.) The only thing that worked throughout the whole process was that it would charge the connected device(people have mentioned about turning off tethering or changing what the option for the usb connected device, but none of this helped).  I've diligently looked up all the possible solutions on forums and videos but they did not solve this issue.

**This is what i did to make it work.**
So I had to turn to the final resolution, which was switching out the usb module, which fixed the DJI app connecting with the RC.

This was a very frustrating adventure so i would call it, since it was a functional drone, until the mandatory FW update which totally disabled the USB module.

2020-2-3
Use props
Mega Joe
lvl.1
United States

I got so into rambling about what i did and forgot the most important thing,

Yes the Usb Module, or to say it correctly DJI HDMI Output Module for Pantom 4 & 3 Drones are compatible with the Inspire 1 RC controller. But in your case it seems that those usb modules from your other rc's, are just as outdated as the rest of the usb modules, so you would need to get the most recent HDMI Output modules.

In my case the one that i swapped out was the most recent DJI HDMI output module for Phantom 4 & Phantom 3 Drones, that i bought for $125, and swapped them out myself. Dji has a video guide on how to change the HDMI output modules, just copy and paste this title and it will pop up on youtube.  

"   DJI Phantom 3 | How to install HDMI Output Module on Phantom 3 Remote Controller   "

The last time i called in DJI, they told me to send in the drone and rc for repairs so they would charge me hourly + parts they change.

2020-2-3
Use props
djiuser_2DKQXAKuUWaS
New
Flight distance : 160820 ft
United States

Just to be clear. There are two modules out there. One for the phantom series that does not have an hdmi output. I think this one is the gl300a b or c. The second module is specifically for the inspire series and it has the module for hdmi output. The original question was will the gl300 controllers module without the hdmi output work in place of the module specific to the gl658 inspire 1 output module that has the hdmi output
4-13 11:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules