Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[Insight needed] Found few issues around used MP
516 3 2019-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mustard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 493986 ft
South Korea

Hello all,

Just bought a used MP(seller claims he flew only 45 minutes, 3 charge cycles only for each batteries).

As I finished outside flying, I have tested indoor flying with all the sensors turned off.

In attached video, MP seems to be wobble/twitching mildly, and I could hear high pitched grinding noise intermittently.

I never flew MP nor seen brand new MP, so I do not know this behavior is normal and expected.

Also I have encountered "battery overcurrent during discharge" warning as I flew full throttle in sportmode for about 10 seconds.

I just thought it is very weired behavior for battery of only 3 charging cycle(manufactured on 2017-11)  

Any thoughts?

Thank you all for your insight.

2019-4-19
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If he bought it new in 2017 and did 9 flights in 18 months I would be more concerned than if he did 50 flights - the flight batteries need to be used quite regularly to keep them healthy. And 9 charge cycles with only 45 minutes of flight doesn't add up - if he flew each battery for 20 minutes he should have clocked up at least 180 minutes. The twitching indoors will be caused by the VPS holding a lock on the ground and intermittently losing it - flying indoors isn't advisable.
2019-4-20
Use props
Mustard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 493986 ft
South Korea

A J Posted at 4-20 00:07
If he bought it new in 2017 and did 9 flights in 18 months I would be more concerned than if he did 50 flights - the flight batteries need to be used quite regularly to keep them healthy. And 9 charge cycles with only 45 minutes of flight doesn't add up - if he flew each battery for 20 minutes he should have clocked up at least 180 minutes. The twitching indoors will be caused by the VPS holding a lock on the ground and intermittently losing it - flying indoors isn't advisable.

Thanks for your insight AJ.

Seems like I temporarily lost my logic due to excitement from shopping

As per your advice, I'm now draining battery to recharge to recondition.  Hopefully it will perform without issues.

However I'm very glad that quad vibration is not out of norm.  That is quite a comfort

Thank you.
2019-4-20
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mustard Posted at 4-20 00:44
Thanks for your insight AJ.

Seems like I temporarily lost my logic due to excitement from shopping

You're welcome - hope everything works out well