Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RONIN S - GH5S - NINJA V = No Record Button!
3946 5 2019-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gcshutter
lvl.1
United Arab Emirates

Hi Guys,

I have got Ronin S, Panasonic S GH5S with an external Atomos Ninja V as a near perfect video kit.

Having invested heavily into this kit, I expected 100% functionality BUT the record button on the Ronin S doesn't work with my external recorder. If I remove this external recorder, the record button on Ronin S starts working but in this case, I am using internal recording on the camera and the very purpose of external recorder is defeated.

I know there are DJI admins on this forum replying to several threads, I hope to get their attention to seek a solution.

And is anyone else facing similar situation? Please share your thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks,

GCShutter

2019-4-20
Use props
LuxShots Films
lvl.2
United States

I have the same kit, and record work for me. Does the record activate from the GH5S to the Ninja V without the Ronin-S in the picture? If not, you may need to ensure the HDMI Record function is sekected in the GH5S settings, and you cancheck this by going to Menu, Motion Picture, HDMI Rec Output, HDMI Recording Control and make sure it's set to ON.  
2019-4-23
Use props
LuxShots Films
lvl.2
United States

Of course after using the same setup for a paying gig, I'm experiencing the same issue as you did. This is very, very, bad for us, but what's worse is the lack of response from DJI.
2019-4-29
Use props
russkn87
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430039 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There's a serious bug when using the GH5/GH5S with the USB cable and HDMI at the same time - the focus wheel and/or camera becomes inoperable after a few times stopping/starting. The only solution until there's a fw update is to either not use a monitor (not practical) or don't use the USB-C cable - use the Ronin-MX cable for the GH4 instead (goes in the remote port on the side) and buy the DJI Focus Motor Kit.
Not good enough!
2019-5-2
Use props
dantastic
lvl.3
Taiwan

I had a similar issue with the Nikon Z6, theres a setting in the camera and in the Ninja V, both need to be turned on to allow the camera to trigger recording. Sadly the z6 cant connect to the ronin s and hdmi at the same time so I cant use the gimbal button to record anyway
2019-5-2
Use props
LuxShots Films
lvl.2
United States

Here is a video of the same thing happening to mu setup. Yesterday, this was a complete tragedy as I was shooting a wedding.  @DJI Mindy

2019-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules