New Mavic 2 - Gimbal won't calibrate or respond to commands
1859 4 2019-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cass
lvl.1
Switzerland

Brand new Mavic 2 Pro user, here. *waves*
I bought it the end of March and finally flew it yesterday for the first time and have yet to be able to move the gimbal/camera. I couldn't before I flew it, or afterwards. I tried with the wheel and with my finger on the screen. When I try to start a gimbal calibration, nothing happens. Is it a controller issue, is the gimbal defective, or am I missing something? It stays level; the horizon is fine. When I turn the drone on the gimbal does its thing so it seems to be functioning, I just can't make it move. It didn't crash, and I haven't dropped it.
I just calibrated the IMU twice. I don't know what else to do to make this thing work. Has anyone else had this problem? I've mostly been trying to figure it out in my apartment since yesterday with the drone on OPTI mode, but that doesn't seem to be an issue as I've been looking for answers on Youtube (haven't found any yet) and have seen guys moving their camera around while on a flat surface in their house.
Also, after I landed during one of the first flights yesterday I had an error message saying “gimbal motor overload“ even though I've never been able to move it. *throws hands up* For the other short practice flights I received no further error messages.
Any advice, DJI gods?

2019-4-20
Use props
Cass
lvl.1
Switzerland

Is no one really having any issues with this? I'm about to go exchange it tomorrow.
2019-4-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You have a defective unit - happens - exchange it tomorrow as you've planned anyway.
2019-4-22
Use props
Dusan Stojancevic
New

Serbia

I have the same issue. It worked for few months normally. Today half of the the day it worked and then from one point is just stopped responding to wheel and c1 movement.Is there a solution
2019-8-15
Use props
Huvver
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8947 ft
United States

I have a friend that has this same issue on his Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual.  Has anyone figured out the issue other than it being defective?
2021-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules