Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FAA Rule Change
951 5 2019-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PatriotArcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82169 ft
United States

Does anybody know when the faa will vote on the rule change allowing pilots to fly at night and over people? I know they recently closed the public comments but I didn't know  when they would decide. I really hope it passes and would like to know as soon as it does... if it does.
2019-4-20
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

I’ve heard by this summer. It is for  commercial drone pilots being able to fly over people and also to fly at night without getting a waiver.  I think the FAA has to make this rule to clear the way for Amazon, Google etc.  Again, it’s for part 107  pilots   
2019-4-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You may check this inquiry to the FAA department for further updates. However, we're hoping that you could get the best feedback from our valued DJI Forum members who are flying drones under the FAA department. Thank you for continued support.
2019-4-21
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-21 11:03
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You may check this inquiry to the FAA department for further updates. However, we're hoping that you could get the best feedback from our valued DJI Forum members who are flying drones under the FAA department. Thank you for continued support.

Bring Course lock Home lock if anything to the Mavic 2!
2019-4-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

AntDX316 Posted at 4-22 09:02
Bring Course lock Home lock if anything to the Mavic 2!

Hi, we're sorry that these two features are not available for the Mavic 2 series. No worries, we will consider as a suggestion and forward it into our related team to see if these two features can be added in the future update for the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. For additional information, there will be a course lock function which you may consider using the hyperlapse mode. Please see the tutorial below. Thank you for understanding.

2019-4-22
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-22 16:45
Hi, we're sorry that these two features are not available for the Mavic 2 series. No worries, we will consider as a suggestion and forward it into our related team to see if these two features can be added in the future update for the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. For additional information, there will be a course lock function which you may consider using the hyperlapse mode. Please see the tutorial below. Thank you for understanding.

yeah but I want to setup some sort of sideway arc trajectory where the rate at which it rotates is adjusted w/ the right stick horizontal movement in mode 2 so in a way you it can fly with "trim mode" : )

like how you can adjust the orbit rate in activetrack and POI but instead of using the screen tap to select the "rate" you should be able to throttle adjust it with the stick : )

It would be cool if it was another mode.  Kind of like a POI or Spotlight but not really locked to anything.  Just some sort of rate adjustment cruise control set w/ the sticks for yaw, roll, pitch, and verticals. : )

Like, how gimbal "smoothing" works where it just keeps going it should be like this because when you let go of the stick to adjust it just "brakes" the movement which kills the flow.  

It should be a smoothing mode like that but not where it just keeps going but it loks whatever trajectory was set w/ the sticks.  : )
2019-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules