New Auto Pilot App - Question
1223 6 2015-6-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I've been reading about this new app that is being developed by a third party called Auto Pilot that will add a lot of autonomous flight capcbilities to the Inspire. A few months back DJI announced (via email) that Waypoints and POI was going to be added. My question is: Are these two different streams of development, or was DJI announcement referning to the Auto Pilot developer?
2015-6-6
Use props
GrahamJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595538 ft
Australia

My friend.....yea..welcome to the conundrum that is DJI.  It's the same functionality.  DJI marketed the I1 6 months ago as having this functionality on-board.  A month ago, DJI informed the market that it will be released with 2 other core features "within the next few months".  Since then, DJI released the other 2, but, not this one.  It then became clear that this feature was outsourced to a 3rd party provider, who has just informed the community that they will start beta testing the feature soon.  I signed up for the beta testing a week ago, and still waiting for next steps...
2015-6-7
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I was a bit concerned to read that some of the functionality is dependent upon the GPS functionality of the iPad, not the GPS unit in the transmitter. Either DJI aren't opening up access to this or this is a fundamental shift. It also means you have to fly with the iPhone/iPad not in airplane mode.
2015-6-7
Use props
InspireAggie
lvl.4

United States

Does putting the iPad in airplane mode really make a difference?   Has anyone noticed any improvements by doing so?
2015-6-7
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

It pretty much on everyones pre-flight checklist. Whether it would conflict on the 2.4 band, I don't know. But I guess people don't want to take the risk. However, the issue is, why doesn't the 2rd party developer utilise the GPS unit in the transmitter? Just another point of failure.
2015-6-7
Use props
Kvamen
lvl.2

Norway

lethbrp Posted at 2015-6-8 04:10
It pretty much on everyones pre-flight checklist. Whether it would conflict on the 2.4 band, I don't ...

Never done it and never had an issue by not setting ipad in airplane mode, but now im getting angious that i never did.
2015-6-8
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

I hope it won't be based upon a cellular iPad model that requires a constant wifi connection.  I thought this was to be rolled into the iPad app and part of the whole aircraft system.
2015-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules