PHANTOM 3 STANDARD RECOMMENDED TABLET
2012 13 2019-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adrian2019
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi this is my first thread, i have just moved up to a DJI phantom 3 standard from some cheaper brands, I'm looking for a tablet which will work ok will the drone, there are so many different recommendations out there i just don't know which one to go for!
I dont want to spent a fortune on one as it will only be used for the drone, i have an ipad series 1 but i think that is to old, i also have a iphone 7 which i know is ok but hte screen is a little small (getting old) i also have a kindle fire HD but i can see these are difficult to get to work with the drone due to the app

2019-4-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thank you for the inquiry. We have recommended mobile devices that have been tested by engineers to ensure the compatibility on the application and the drone as well as the stabilization while using it. You may consider checking the image below for your reference. Please let us know if you have further details. Thank you for continued support.

2019-4-21
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gen6 iPad 9” is only $275. Go for it.
Get an adapter for controller.
2019-4-21
Use props
djiuser_SoJio7N50Bmv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 231322 ft
United Kingdom

I also recently upgraded to P3, and l have found excellent results with Huawei T3 media pad 8" purchased on ebay £70. I bought a PU skeleton back cover which attaches to the controller's spring clip. Brilliant. T
2019-4-26
Use props
Adrian2019
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks guy's looking at other reviews I think I will probably go for a iPad air 2 with WIFI + cellular this seems to be the best one within my budget
2019-4-27
Use props
smirnoff9969
Second Officer
Flight distance : 582776 ft
Croatia

Adrian, you don`t need cell type of tablets... but funny thing is that even when your tab is above 4.4 android version  some models can not install DJI GO app.

but You`ll be amazed how diffrent DJI drones are from other toys you can buy for 20-150$...I bought my son a toy drone, and even with slight of wind it struggles to fly upwind...not to manshion battery life...you did a good decision  buying P3S (I have it myself), but soon you`ll wanted more from drone. Especially range of flight!  P3S can be "buggy" for transmission signal.
2019-4-27
Use props
teddyflys
lvl.1
Flight distance : 231322 ft
United Kingdom

smirnoff9969 Posted at 4-27 10:30
Adrian, you don`t need cell type of tablets... but funny thing is that even when your tab is above 4.4 android version  some models can not install DJI GO app.

but You`ll be amazed how diffrent DJI drones are from other toys you can buy for 20-150$...I bought my son a toy drone, and even with slight of wind it struggles to fly upwind...not to manshion battery life...you did a good decision  buying P3S (I have it myself), but soon you`ll wanted more from drone. Especially range of flight!  P3S can be "buggy" for transmission signal.

Regarding your mention of buggy transmission signal, l have experienced some of that and was wondering if the twin antenna controller can be used with P3s?
2019-4-27
Use props
smirnoff9969
Second Officer
Flight distance : 582776 ft
Croatia

there are some boosters for P3S and you can see a lots of videos on YT how to mount them but I never tried them.
2019-4-28
Use props
Adrian2019
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks I thought I needed the cellular on the tablet for the GPS? and some other things? I have the three antenna's on mine just haven't had a chance to fly the think yet!!
2019-4-29
Use props
Adrian2019
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Have purchased a iPad 2 32gb WIFI only for £80 pounds, I did a bit of research and there is not much difference between the iPad 2 and the iPad 3, they both use the same processor and the same screen resolution, the only difference is finger print recognition and a higher price!
2019-5-6
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

Late into the conversation here.  But if you can get your hands on a used Nvidia K1 Tablet, it's older but it's powerful and works AMAZING with my P3S and my Spark
2019-5-16
Use props
KenDuke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50837 ft
United States

teddyflys Posted at 4-27 14:52
Regarding your mention of buggy transmission signal, l have experienced some of that and was wondering if the twin antenna controller can be used with P3s?

No, its totally different controller.
2019-6-4
Use props
KenDuke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50837 ft
United States

I still think the best tablet for use is iPad Air 2.   A little more cost, but, 9.7 inch screen, and does a great job, plenty of storage space, and RAM.
And the more RAM you have, the smoother it works.
2019-6-4
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

3BEPb Posted at 4-21 14:14
Gen6 iPad 9” is only $275. Go for it.
Get an adapter for controller.

Does not need an adapter for the RC if it´s a P3S .
2019-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules