So how much?
970 20 2019-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HG1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 173002 ft
United States

I'm dabbling as to wheter I should sell my Phantom 4 Pro or send it in for credit toward a Mavic 2 Pro and a Fly more setup.So I wanted to know how much I should sell my kit for.... The details are below.

DJI Phantom 4 Pro
3 DJI brand Batteries
2 sets of propellars
and all accessories that it came with
^^^Can be traded into DJI^^^

Antenna signal boosters
Landing stand extender and brace
4 propellar guards

2019-4-21
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

And why would you do that?
Why downgrading?
Or you are folding legs admirer?
It was proven time and again that p4p got better camera. Size? Range? Fly time? Slight difference.
When mavic 2 was released I already had p4advanced and I got zoom simple for the fun of having zoom. Nothing else. Spending $1600+ on mavic 2 Pro with little gain is a waste. Why not wait for what can be next?
But I know how important sometimes to scratch that itch.
2019-4-21
Use props
HG1
lvl.3
United States

3BEPb Posted at 4-21 18:34
Why downgrading?

I forgot to add that I had a recent trip to Thailand and my P4P was a hinderance on my mobility.
2019-4-21
Use props
HG1
lvl.3
United States

3BEPb Posted at 4-21 18:34
Why downgrading?

I forgot to add that I had a recent trip to Thailand and my P4P was a hinderance on my mobility.
2019-4-21
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

Buy the Mavic as well is you can.  I can see you point as far as travelling with a Phantom is concerned. Bit the bullet..................
2019-4-22
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

Buy the Mavic as well is you can.  I can see you point as far as travelling with a Phantom is concerned.
Bit the bullet..................
2019-4-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day HG1. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope you'll get the best information and recommendation here from our valued DJI Members and Customers on how much you should price your DJI Phantom 4 Pro kit. Thank you for your support.
2019-4-22
Use props
Cellblock776
lvl.2
Flight distance : 647454 ft
United States

As a professional pilot who uses a Phantom 4 Pro for work I have to say it is a great Enterprise aircraft.  It can be used for 2d/3d mapping, spectral analysis, surveying and much more.  The on board camera is amazing.   
But it's obvious that is not why you have it.  You want something small and portable to take for vacation shots.  So, yes, trade it in.  Or sell it.  Looking around, at other sites for prices, you can see that ever since it went public that DJI was discontinuing the Phantom line the supply has dried up and the prices are jumping.  If your aircraft and accessories are near new condition, with little flight time, you could easily get $1500 for the package or more.  You have many small business owners, like me, who had been getting a P4P either as a first of that model or as a spare or addition to a fleet.  Now that DJI is no longer producing them, what happens if my P4P crashes at a job site and I need a replacement ASAP?  So many of us are saying, "Now is the time to get that P4P I've been procrastinating on before the prices go up even higher".  
I I were you I'd go to the Phantom owners forum, in their classified section, and post photos and detailed description and maybe a screengrab of  your flight record for that P4P and start with an asking price of $1800 OBO including shipping.  I bet it won't be long until some guy with a UAV business takes it off your hands.  Heck, if I had the funds right now I'd be making you an offer.  
Good luck.  
2019-4-22
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

That being said. Imagine what you can get for it if you hold on to it a little more.
2019-4-22
Use props
HG1
lvl.3
United States

Cellblock776 Posted at 4-22 08:50
As a professional pilot who uses a Phantom 4 Pro for work I have to say it is a great Enterprise aircraft.  It can be used for 2d/3d mapping, spectral analysis, surveying and much more.  The on board camera is amazing.   
But it's obvious that is not why you have it.  You want something small and portable to take for vacation shots.  So, yes, trade it in.  Or sell it.  Looking around, at other sites for prices, you can see that ever since it went public that DJI was discontinuing the Phantom line the supply has dried up and the prices are jumping.  If your aircraft and accessories are near new condition, with little flight time, you could easily get $1500 for the package or more.  You have many small business owners, like me, who had been getting a P4P either as a first of that model or as a spare or addition to a fleet.  Now that DJI is no longer producing them, what happens if my P4P crashes at a job site and I need a replacement ASAP?  So many of us are saying, "Now is the time to get that P4P I've been procrastinating on before the prices go up even higher".  
I I were you I'd go to the Phantom owners forum, in their classified section, and post photos and detailed description and maybe a screengrab of  your flight record for that P4P and start with an asking price of $1800 OBO including shipping.  I bet it won't be long until some guy with a UAV business takes it off your hands.  Heck, if I had the funds right now I'd be making you an offer.  

Thank you for your input. You guys can always email me with offers...
2019-4-22
Use props
HG1
lvl.3
United States

3BEPb Posted at 4-22 08:57
That being said. Imagine what you can get for it if you hold on to it a little more.

Understood, but how much longer? I can just get the Mavic 2 Pro now and sell the P4P later.
2019-4-22
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ok. I don’t mind.
If what poster above wrote is true prices will rise as long as there is demand for p4p. Than again as soon as dji comes up with some new creation prices may tumble as it happened with Mavic Pro.
To me having videos in 4k60fps beats mavic 2 Pro
2019-4-22
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Keep the phantom,  they're not making them anymore.
2019-4-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depending on the condition I'd say around $1300 all in and be prepared to compromise a little with the buyers offer.
2019-4-22
Use props
Cellblock776
lvl.2
Flight distance : 647454 ft
United States

HG1 Posted at 4-22 09:34
Thank you for your input. You guys can always email me with offers...

If I hadn't just added another Phantom to my fleet a couple of weeks ago I'd seriously consider it.  But the credit card gods will smite me if I do.  
Hail Visa. Praise MasterCard.  You shall not be judged by your actions but by your FICO score.  Kneel and weep at the interest rates.  
2019-4-22
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

Have you made a decision yet ?     Just intrigued,  that's all
2019-4-23
Use props
HG1
lvl.3
United States

Manxmann Posted at 4-23 02:02
Have you made a decision yet ?     Just intrigued,  that's all

I'm going to keep it for now. But I'm also purchasing the Mavic Pro 2 as I'm typing this.
2019-4-25
Use props
Tree Wolf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft
United States

smart
2019-4-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HG1 Posted at 4-25 09:12
I'm going to keep it for now. But I'm also purchasing the Mavic Pro 2 as I'm typing this.

It's a great drone - enjoy!
2019-4-26
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

You may end up keeping both. I ended up getting the Mavic Pro 2 after my P4P was stolen and I've been loving it. The travel friendliness is the best part.
2019-4-26
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

HG1 Posted at 4-25 09:12

Beaudie !  Well done  
2019-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules