How come no course/home lock?
2019-4-21
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They are old flight modes that came out with the Phantom 3's and Inspire 1 years ago - the latest drones have done away with them. Tap fly free gives the same results as course lock and home lock just flew the drone back to you by pulling back on the pitch stick which you can do manually with great ease anyway.
2019-4-21
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

A J Posted at 4-21 23:23
They are old flight modes that came out with the Phantom 3's and Inspire 1 years ago - the latest drones have done away with them. Tap fly free gives the same results as course lock and home lock just flew the drone back to you by pulling back on the pitch stick which you can do manually with great ease anyway.

It's not really that easy to pull off a manual course lock when you are doing so to get a cinematic shot.
2019-4-21
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mhinc Posted at 4-21 23:35
It's not really that easy to pull off a manual course lock when you are doing so to get a cinematic shot.

I never said manual course lock - I said tap fly free
2019-4-22
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

A J Posted at 4-22 00:38
I never said manual course lock - I said tap fly free

Unfortunately we haven't TapFly Free on Spark
2019-4-22
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lysak2003 Posted at 4-22 02:56
Unfortunately we haven't TapFly Free on Spark

Oh yeah - that should be added for sure - even better than course lock
2019-4-22
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 4-22 03:36
Oh yeah - that should be added for sure - even better than course lock

You cannot say, arc around an object at Will like POI without being in POI.  I want to be able to change the arc trajectory but you cannot do this in any Tapfly mode.  I've tried but it either doesn't let you or turns off tapfly completely depending on you tapfly mode.  Tapfly is basically straight line and if you want to change direction at the same attitude you have to look back up tap then look back down basically ruining the shot flow.

I wish they made it where you can control the arc and POI orbit like coordinate locking on demand but I'm unsure if that is beyond the mavic 2s hardware processing capabilities.
2019-4-22
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 4-22 05:33
You cannot say, arc around an object at Will like POI without being in POI.  I want to be able to change the arc trajectory but you cannot do this in any Tapfly mode.  I've tried but it either doesn't let you or turns off tapfly completely depending on you tapfly mode.  Tapfly is basically straight line and if you want to change direction at the same attitude you have to look back up tap then look back down basically ruining the shot flow.

Try tap fly free on your Mavic 2 Zoom which enables a full 360 independent yaw of the drone whilst the AC maintains it's set forward or backward path (same as course lock) - that's what I am referring to but it isn't an option on the Spark by the look of it.
2019-4-22
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 4-22 05:36
Try tap fly free on your Mavic 2 Zoom which enables a full 360 independent yaw of the drone whilst the AC maintains it's set forward or backward path (same as course lock) - that's what I am referring to but it isn't an option on the Spark by the look of it.

yeah but when you want to change the tapfly bearing by 90 degrees, have the arc interpolated for smoothness while still moving at the same rate forward/backwards you can't as it only changes the sideway movement by say 1.0m/s or something really slow
2019-4-22
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 4-22 05:44
yeah but when you want to change the tapfly bearing by 90 degrees, have the arc interpolated for smoothness while still moving at the same rate forward/backwards you can't as it only changes the sideway movement by say 1.0m/s or something really slow

And you think you can do that in course lock - course lock is also in straight line flight only. Your question is "why no course lock/home lock" - as I stated tap fly free is the updated version of course lock. Course lock will not enable you to fly in arc type movements either - just straight. Perhaps you are asking for the wrong thing.
2019-4-22
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 4-22 05:47
And you think you can do that in course lock - course lock is also in straight line flight only. Your question is "why no course lock/home lock" - as I stated tap fly free is the updated version of course lock. Course lock will not enable you to fly in arc type movements either - just straight. Perhaps you are asking for the wrong thing.

I want to massive arc though.
2019-4-22
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 4-22 09:00

Course lock won't enable that to happen even if we had it on the M2's or the Spark. For that you'll need to do a POI using the POIV2.0 on the Zoom will be easier, then stop and fly straight, perhaps stopping record and using a transition in post when editing the footage. Or try setting an arc between waypoint missions using Waypoints 2.0. Or keep trying to do it yourself manually.
2019-4-22
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

AntDX316 Posted at 4-22 09:00

I'd say, you are better off with planing a mission.
On your mavic, waypoint 2.0 should get you what you want, for the Spark it might be litchi, what you need!
2019-4-22
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 4-22 09:21
I'd say, you are better off with planing a mission.
On your mavic, waypoint 2.0 should get you what you want, for the Spark it might be litchi, what you need!

yeah but I want on demand smooth flying like say you totally do nothing w/ the controls and it sweeps nicely while you control the altitude and gimbal pitch
2019-4-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry that these course lock and home lock are not available on our DJI Spark. However, we could consider this as a suggestion to possibly add it in the future updates for the DJI Spark. Thank you for understanding.
2019-4-22
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

DJI Tony Posted at 4-22 12:04
Hi, we're sorry that these course lock and home lock are not available on our DJI Spark. However, we could consider this as a suggestion to possibly add it in the future updates for the DJI Spark. Thank you for understanding.

It would be great
2019-4-22
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-22 12:04
Hi, we're sorry that these course lock and home lock are not available on our DJI Spark. However, we could consider this as a suggestion to possibly add it in the future updates for the DJI Spark. Thank you for understanding.

how come they have been "removed" on the Mavic 2?
2019-4-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

No worries, I've managed to forward this into our related team. Please pay attention to our website for further updates. Thank you for your support.
2019-4-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

AntDX316 Posted at 4-22 13:32
how come they have been "removed" on the Mavic 2?

Hi, we're sorry that these two features are not available for our Mavic 2 Pro, as of the time being. I'll coordinate this situation to see if there will be further details about these said features. Thank you for understanding.
2019-4-23
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-23 12:55
Hi, we're sorry that these two features are not available for our Mavic 2 Pro, as of the time being. I'll coordinate this situation to see if there will be further details about these said features. Thank you for understanding.

It's not like I need it though but it could be nice to have.

It would be nice to have a trajectory lock that whatever the rates of the sticks were when you let go it stays it.  Like how POI works but for trajectory.
2019-4-23
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 4-22 05:33

I wish they made it where you can control the arc and POI orbit like coordinate locking on demand but I'm unsure if that is beyond the mavic 2s hardware processing capabilities.

Litchi is your friend...
2019-4-23
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 4-23 15:33
Litchi is your friend...

I know but I'm scared.  The only app I would trust is DJI Go4 and DroneDeploy.
2019-4-23
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

You’re missing out.  Waypoints are awesome with the Spark.  Surprisingly smooth.
2019-4-23
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 4-23 15:40
You’re missing out.  Waypoints are awesome with the Spark.  Surprisingly smooth.

Do you have Android or Apple?  I heard it doesn't work great on Android phones.
2019-4-23
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

Oracle Miata Posted at 4-23 15:33
Litchi is your friend...

Tried Litchi ones. It's pretty wierd
2019-4-23
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Lysak2003 Posted at 4-23 19:45
Tried Litchi ones. It's pretty wierd

Why is it weird?
Have you ever tried freeflight 6 on an Anafi? That one is weird

But yes, it is different. I mainly use litchi for missions.
And often switch, after uploading it, to a Go4.
This way, I even have flight records with DJI ;-)

https://forum.dji.com/thread-184057-1-1.html
2019-4-23
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

S-e-ven Posted at 4-23 22:41
Why is it weird?
Have you ever tried freeflight 6 on an Anafi? That one is weird

What have I found inconvenient are:
1. Intellegent modes aren't the same as in DJI GO4. It hasn't TapFly Free mode. Instead it has Focus, but camera does strange random movements in this mode.
2. Shutter speed adjusment without a wheel, only "+" and "-". As for me it is really slow way.
3. Didn't find sticks sensetivity adjustment.
4. Histogram screen is too big.

Assume, DJI GO Mod 2.0 is way better, but it depends.
2019-4-23
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Where have you found the stick sensitivity adjustment in the Go4?
What isnt available, for the Spark, Litchi can't generate
2019-4-24
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

S-e-ven Posted at 4-24 03:08
Where have you found the stick sensitivity adjustment in the Go4?
What isnt available, for the Spark, Litchi can't generate

In DJI GO4 we have Remote Controller Settings where you can find "Max Flight Speed Settings". I know, It isn't the same as sticks sensitivity, but it really helps me to perform smooth actions. You can get something in the middle from TriPod and Normal. Almost every time I set this parameter at very low level. In Litchi I couldn't find this adjustment.
2019-4-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Ah, ok, that one.
Since it is reducing  the max speed in every mode, I don't use that!
just a question:
Have you used/set this and switched afterwards to litchi?
If I remember right, that setting is also, like other settings, saved in the bird!
So it may work with litchi, too.
2019-4-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

AntDX316 Posted at 4-22 13:32
how come they have been "removed" on the Mavic 2?

I have read somewhere (perhaps in here? ;-) that tap to fly should get the same results? And that that was the reason, for taking it away?
2019-4-24
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 4-22 09:05
Course lock won't enable that to happen even if we had it on the M2's or the Spark. For that you'll need to do a POI using the POIV2.0 on the Zoom will be easier, then stop and fly straight, perhaps stopping record and using a transition in post when editing the footage. Or try setting an arc between waypoint missions using Waypoints 2.0. Or keep trying to do it yourself manually.

Oh I see.  It would be nice if there can be some sort of stick hold where you can make adjustments to it.
2019-4-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

AntDX316 Posted at 4-23 15:13
It's not like I need it though but it could be nice to have.

It would be nice to have a trajectory lock that whatever the rates of the sticks were when you let go it stays it.  Like how POI works but for trajectory.

No worries, if there would be additional features, this should be cascaded to our valued DJI customers like you. Thank you for understanding.
2019-4-24
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 4-24 10:56
No worries, if there would be additional features, this should be cascaded to our valued DJI customers like you. Thank you for understanding.

thx

I would make better footage if it came available : )
2019-4-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

AntDX316 Posted at 4-24 14:46
thx

I would make better footage if it came available : )

You're most welcome. I would recommend paying attention to our website for further updates. Thank you for your support.
2019-4-24
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

Lysak2003 Posted at 4-23 23:36
What have I found inconvenient are:
1. Intellegent modes aren't the same as in DJI GO4. It hasn't TapFly Free mode. Instead it has Focus, but camera does strange random movements in this mode.
2. Shutter speed adjusment without a wheel, only "+" and "-". As for me it is really slow way.

Wait. Do we have tap fly free for the Spark?
2019-4-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

nilanjan118 Posted at 4-24 17:11
Wait. Do we have tap fly free for the Spark?

2019-4-24
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Japan

Wrong video. This video says nothing about TapFly "free". My question was in reply to what Michael had mentioned as "TapFly Free mode". TapFly free is similar to course lock and as far as I know, it is only available in Mavic and higher models. Here's a video which demonstrates the use of TapFly Free.

2019-4-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

nilanjan118 Posted at 4-24 18:02
Wrong video. This video says nothing about TapFly "free". My question was in reply to what Michael had mentioned as "TapFly Free mode". TapFly free is similar to course lock and as far as I know, it is only available in Mavic and higher models. Here's a video which demonstrates the use of TapFly Free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PknzdO5p4kc

sorry, I understood "free" as available. My bad
2019-4-24
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Japan

S-e-ven Posted at 4-24 18:20
sorry, I understood "free" as available. My bad

Just what I thought later. Never mind.
2019-4-24