dji go app shuts down as soon i start it up
1902 22 2019-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfeec6974
lvl.2
Flight distance : 270902 ft
Netherlands

I have a P3 advanced, and i didn't used it for a couple of months until yesterday, so i started the go app and then it says "go app stopped"
I did remove the app, reinstalled it, but the same message comes up, so i installed the app on my phone and it does work on that one.
So why doesn't it work no longer on my samsung galaxy 3 tablet with android 4.4.2?
Sure i can use my phone now, but i do prefer the 10 inch screen of my tablet, so can anyone tell me how to fix it?
2019-4-22
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

The processor probably isn't fast enough on the old device.
2019-4-22
Use props
fansfeec6974
lvl.2
Netherlands

ALABAMA Posted at 4-22 03:21
The processor probably isn't fast enough on the old device.

then how did it work perfectly for 4 years then?
galaxy tab 3 10.1 inch screen
dual core processor 1.6 GHz
1gb memory
16gb hd

2019-4-22
Use props
Nic72
lvl.2
Sweden

fansfeec6974 Posted at 4-22 03:57

The latest update rendered your tablet useless with the Phantom, the same happened to my Samsung tablet, used to work fine, now the live feed breaks up , I now have to use my Samsung 7 Edge mobile phone.
2019-4-22
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

fansfeec6974 Posted at 4-22 03:57

The apps have gotten quite power hungry.
2019-4-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out.  Have you tried using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the mobile device Samsung Galaxy  3 Tablet. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is still not recommended for your DJI Phantom 3 Advanced as of the moment. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Samsung Galaxy  3 Tablet will work with the said drone, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Phantom 3 Advanced and with the DJI Go application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the Samsung Galaxy  3 Tablet when in use with the said device and with the said application and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. Thank you.

2019-4-22
Use props
fansfeec6974
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-22 08:06
Hello and good day. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out.  Have you tried using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the mobile device Samsung Galaxy  3 Tablet. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is still not recommended for your DJI Phantom 3 Advanced as of the moment. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Samsung Galaxy  3 Tablet will work with the said drone, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Phantom 3 Advanced and with the DJI Go application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the Samsung Galaxy  3 Tablet when in use with the said device and with the said application and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. Thank you.

[view_image]

like i already said, i installed it on my smartphone, but i do prefer the bigger screen from my tablet,
because that is about 6 inch bigger, so why oh why did dji mess with the go app that much?
Because it worked fine and now it forces me to spend another 300-400 dollars on a
new tablet, so i will think twice before i buy any dji products ever again!
Now is there a way to install a previous version of the go app? Because i didn't ask for
those so called "improvements" that cost me only more money!
2019-4-22
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Nowadays, a device with a 1 Gb of ram is not enough
2019-4-22
Use props
fansfeec6974
lvl.2
Netherlands

Nic72 Posted at 4-22 04:28
The latest update rendered your tablet useless with the Phantom, the same happened to my Samsung tablet, used to work fine, now the live feed breaks up , I now have to use my Samsung 7 Edge mobile phone.

So you also needed a new device to put the app on and now the live feed doesn't work.
Hell, someone should sue dji for al the hassle, because i wasn't on this forum for years,
but i do see that it's still nothing but trouble.  
2019-4-22
Use props
Cellblock776
lvl.2
Flight distance : 647454 ft
United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 4-22 09:29
Nowadays, a device with a 1 Gb of ram is not enough

Even 2GB isn't enough in most cases.  
And people wonder why I keep saying, DO NOT UPDATE YOUR AIRCRAFT!!!
If it is flying well and the update is not Mandatory, leave it the way it is.
2019-4-22
Use props
fansfeec6974
lvl.2
Netherlands

Cellblock776 Posted at 4-22 10:36
Even 2GB isn't enough in most cases.  
And people wonder why I keep saying, DO NOT UPDATE YOUR AIRCRAFT!!!
If it is flying well and the update is not Mandatory, leave it the way it is.

i bought my drone in 2014 and stopped updating since 2015, but 2 days ago it just stopped working,
so i had no choice than to remove and reinstall the app and try to see if that works. Well it didn't
so thanks to dji i must now spend another couple hundred on a new tablet.
2019-4-23
Use props
fansfeec6974
lvl.2
Netherlands

Problem solved by installing a previous version of the go app.
2019-4-25
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>

fansfeec6974 Posted at 4-25 02:23

I always use plane mode when fly , just to avoid no wanted apps running below , you can use wifi anyway in this mode.
2019-9-26
Use props
Vashdad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 727707 ft

fansfeec6974 Posted at 4-25 02:23

Where did you find this older version!?
2019-9-28
Use props
Coryboy345
New
Flight distance : 6759 ft

United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2019-9-26 07:33
I always use plane mode when fly , just to avoid no wanted apps running below , you can use wifi anyway in this mode.

Also wondering where you can download the older version?.....

I have the same problem with my drone now.... My Galaxy Tab 4 is now unusable with the updated app. Worked fine for 3 years, hadn't used the drone in 4 months, and an update was recommended for the app. I downloaded it, now it's useless.
2020-1-5
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

All versions : https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_ ... pe=apk&s=Dji+go
2020-1-6
Use props
mockingbird_71
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45459 ft
United Kingdom

The ipad 2 2nd generation has now failed to work after dji,s latest go update! the software simply doesnt talk to the drone. even though the ipad 2 mini is on the ok list for harware it doesnt work !
2020-1-8
Use props
mockingbird_71
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 1-6 23:02
All versions : https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type=app_release&searchtype=apk&s=Dji+go

wish i could do the same with ios?
2020-1-8
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

mockingbird_71 Posted at 1-8 08:34
wish i could do the same with ios?

only android ( apk )
2020-1-9
Use props
mockingbird_71
Second Officer
United Kingdom

There is a way to do it but its quiete a long drawn out process. Waiting for dji tech to get back to me ! relating to the ipad 2 mini not working with the new go app, they say it does im saying it doesnt.
2020-1-10
Use props
Rigworker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

fansfeec6974 Posted at 2019-4-22 03:57

The DJI GO app has turned unto bloatware.  The decent thing for them to do is split it up a bit. Right now the one app runs everything DJI makes. It was a great product when it only ran Inspire and Phantom drones. it got worse after every other device supported.
2020-1-12
Use props
Coryboy345
New
Flight distance : 6759 ft

United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 1-6 23:02
All versions : https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type=app_release&searchtype=apk&s=Dji+go

Thanks a lot bud!!! Good link and got my tablet to work again with the drone after downloading the older app listed on here!

2020-1-13
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Coryboy345 Posted at 1-13 18:21
Thanks a lot bud!!! Good link and got my tablet to work again with the drone after downloading the older app listed on here!

Nice to hear mate
2020-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules