Issues with live broadcast title screen.
648 8 2019-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4846939 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

so I’ve been having a play wirh new feature that was added in the latest firmware update, in that we can now live broadcast to Facebook,

It seems to work quite well, but I have one issue that I can’t seem to get past?

When you start the live broadcast, it asks you to say so thing about it, ie give it a title or description.

Funny thing is I can type something in to the box,,but once you do you loose the ability to scroll down to hit the ok button to confirm,and start the broadcast.

If you move away from it , it just drops the start session.

The only way I can start it is to make no text comments at all.

Am I missing something?
2019-4-22
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nobody’ else had this issue then?

2019-4-23
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Never got round to streaming to Facebook but for me the Livestream to YouTube does not work as I can't get past a failed login screen.

I believe it is an OAuth error but curious if anyone else has the same problem as DJI seem to be oblivious to it.

-=Glyn=-
2019-4-23
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GlynH Posted at 4-23 11:26
Never got round to streaming to Facebook but for me the Livestream to YouTube does not work as I can't get past a failed login screen.

I believe it is an OAuth error but curious if anyone else has the same problem as DJI seem to be oblivious to it.

Hi Glyn,

Yes we had the same problem with trying to login with YouTube.

2019-4-24
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here's the message we got trying live broadcast with youtube
Screenshot_20190424-074256.png
2019-4-24
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here's more of the issue
Screenshot_20190424-075224.png
2019-4-24
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I’ve managed to find a way around it.

When logging into the Facebook live broadcast you can type the text into the box, then press the C2 button on the back of the controller.,

This allows you to move forwards on the login screen.

Here’s a video of the process

2019-4-24
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ooh...nice one.

I'll have to give that a go then but surely it shouldn't be as convoluted as this in the first place.

DJI have been silent on this ever since I reported it back in January.

They actually wanted me to send my Smart Controller back for replacement for this and the issue that I could not update the aircraft from the Smart Controller but as it was the only controller I had at that time so would be unable to fly (and I figured it should only be a software fix) I never sent it back despite an RMA being raised.

Nice to see the latest update fix the date bug that crept in recently though but it does make me wonder about DJI's software proficiency...

-=Glyn=-
2019-4-26
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They do seem to want to get the smart controller sent back for even the simplest problem don’t they?

We haven’t tried the feature since yesterday’s fw update.

Will report back when we do.
2019-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules