Yaw errors — ATTI mode — Return to the scene of the crime...
638 1 2019-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
boydusmaczoidus
lvl.2
Slovenia

Hi again troops,

A little update on the situation after having experienced the famous ATTI mode (panic!) switch a few weeks ago...

At that time, there were some compass errors and yaw issues....in an open field so nothing obvious re interference, but this was my first ATTI and I also had
issues of RC loss of connection - luckily with help from JJB I was able to find the spark four (!) days later....

Since that time, I've obviously gone more in depth into the various modes and learnt a great deal about the sparkie...knowledge is power! And yesterday
was a good day for flying, very little wind etc and all green lights on UAV forecast, so I did a little experiment and went to that very same spot - the only
difference being that I had removed the small strobe light attached to the batttery as I thought perhaps that may have been interfering to some extent, as well
as having a lot more knowledge, particularly regarding that if again it went into ATTI, just not to panic, its fine, but will drift in the wind...

So this time, and maybe this is good advice generally
, I flew the spark into the wind, and then took it up - that way if it did drift, it would drift back towards me. As you can seein the flight log, i didnt get this *quite* right, but the idea remains valid!

As seen in the flight log, I got good GPS and home point was recorded, I kept it low and did various tests for a couple of minutes - then took it up and got to 150m, and it was
fine up there taking video for a couple of minutes. Then the yaw errors and very quickly into ATTI. I was watching it carefully but the issue is when looking at the screen, then back
up to the drone, its so easy to lose. So I didnt panic at this ATTI switch, but brought it back down straight away. Annoyingly I could actually hear it, but could not see it. I knew the direction of the

wind so thought it must be over there somewhere. I also got some RC disconnects, but luckily not for too long this time. I checked the orientiation on the map and was able to point it towards me and bring it back in sport.

So in fact pretty much what happened at the same spot last time, except this time I knew what to do. Not the perfect recovery (not only bringing it down, but also then moving it back towards the wind so it didn't drift so far would have been better) but a lot better than last time.

I had another flight on the 2nd battery after this, and no issues at all, so am wondering if the yaws could be related to that battery - have marked it and will track that...unlikely I know.

So there we go, the issue was repeatable - and will see what happens in other locations. I have yet to recalibrate the compass because it was all fine during the initial checks and does not tell me to recalibrate...

Anyhoo here is the flight log and any thoughts would be very welcome

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/ZWQ3WPYPV7JTVFIFG477/

2019-4-22
Use props
Michal_par
lvl.1

Poland

Hi,

I had similar issue few ago... https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=186437

I also contacted DJI asking them to analyse my case. After checking my logs, DJI said that I should send drone for warranty check at their service center.

The problem is that I bought my drone in US, but i live in Europe, so all the shipment cost should be one me.

I know that many people faces the same issue, so I was wandering what they would do at service center. Any replacement or just some checks + calibration of sensors? I'm afraid that it will be more expensive to send my drone to US than getting support on local repair shop.

If anyone have experience on this please let me know!

Thanks,
Michal
2019-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules