Mavic Air on Pixel XL 2 on Android 9 - can't connect
1271 5 2019-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
YeahBuddy
lvl.1
United States

Mavic Air Aircraft Firmware version v01.00.0620RC firmware version: v01.00.0200
Android version 9 (Build PQ2A.190405.003)

I cannot connect my RC to my Pixel XL 2. But it works on Samsung Galaxy S8 on Android 9.
When I plug my RC into Pixel XL 2, the charging indicator on my Pixel XL 2 turns from charging from the RC to not charging it, in a continuous loop, like it's not able to hold a connection.

Things I have tried (not necessarily in order)
Connecting Mavic Air to Pixel XL 2 via WiFi (works)
Connecting Mavic Air to RC (works)
Uninstall DJI Go 4 app and reinstall
Re-pair/re-link RC to aircraft (successful)
Using bottom port on RC to connect to phone (unsuccessful)
Use bottom port on RC to connect to phone while the top left port is plugged into power supply (read this "trick" in a thread - unsuccessful)
Enable developer mode (USB Debugging)
Tried different cables (no change)

I'm open to ideas, this used to work a few months ago when I last flew using Air and Pixel XL 2, some "update" likely caused the incompatability.

2019-4-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day YeahBuddy. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the mobile device Pixel XL 2 on Android 9. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is still not recommended for your DJI Mavic Air as of the moment. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Pixel XL 2 on Android 9 will be able to work with the said drone, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Mavic Air and with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the Pixel XL 2 on Android 9 when in use with the said device and with the said application and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. Thank you.

2019-4-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'd just use the Galaxy s8 then
2019-4-22
Use props
fans7c8ae1ad
New
Flight distance : 13852 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-22 11:17
Hello and good day YeahBuddy. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the mobile device Pixel XL 2 on Android 9. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is still not recommended for your DJI Mavic Air as of the moment. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Pixel XL 2 on Android 9 will be able to work with the said drone, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Mavic Air and with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the Pixel XL 2 on Android 9 when in use with the said device and with the said application and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. Thank you.

[view_image]

I'm having a similar problem with my Google pixel 2, yet I noticed on your compatibility list that the pixel XL 2 IS listed and the gentleman who is starting the thread is trying to connect with a pixel XL 2
2019-4-22
Use props
YeahBuddy
lvl.1
United States

Um yeah what ^ this guy said.

Is there an ETA for a fix or update on this?
2019-4-22
Use props
fans10b2f4c8
New

United States

And.......................crickets.  Still on their site.  Which, I checked PRIOR to buying the Air.  Seriously dissapointed.  Returning 1200 dollar drone.  Sorry DJI. I'm not buying another phone on your list.  Who knows if that one will work either.  Update your list if certain phones don't work on it.  BAD BUSINESS MODEL.
2019-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules