Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dj_dread
Second Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Guys,

here is my experience with Denmark.
This is a bit more complex though..in Denmark you need to register the drone even if you are a tourist. The legislation says if the take-off mass of the drone is lower than 250 grams and its maximum speed does not exceed 50km/h then you DO NOT need to register.
But if the drone weights more than 250grams then you need to register it with the authorities.

Last year I've spent 1 week in Denmark with my family. Although the initial plan was not allowing for too much time in fly zones, I said it's better to have my Spark with me. So I started to read what is needed to be done to be able to fly in Denmark.
After several readings, which by the way, is hard to find something in English, I was able to find the rules and regulations.

The drones registration and regulation in Denmark falls under the Ministry of Transportation, Constructions, and Housing. Their main webpage is this one:
http://www.trafikstyrelsen.dk/da/droneregler
If you read it carefully, there will be some links to English version documents as well. But I will anyway link them down and attach them to this article.

Step 1: read the document for Flying Drones in Built-up Areas (attached) - this may not always apply as there are even more authorizations needed and there should be a commercial scope

Step 2: read the document for Flying Drones outside Built-up Areas (attached) - this one is probably what a tourist would be looking for

Step 3: here is a very short animation that summarizes all the regulations referring to Flying OUTSIDE of Built-up Areas. The information in this video will be needed to complete a TEST that proves your awareness of the legislation.

I would recommend watching this 4 minutes movie as here are presented all the limitations: what is a built-up area, limitations from the airports (6KM), military bases (8Km), roads (150m), boats (50m), etc.

http://www.trafikstyrelsen.dk/da/~/media/AEF9A4EC2106439AA495804E705EBE0E.ashx

Step 4: take the AWARENESS TEST here: https://blanket.virk.dk/blankets ... itation-english/new
The test is pretty easy and for your convenience, I attached the questions (awareness test.pdf). I would say it targets the basics which are very common sense. If you are already flying a drone, no matter the country you are in, then you should already know the "basics" rules. The numbers/distances may vary from one country to another though.

Step 5: after taking the Test you need to complete the Drone registration. Another form should be completed and is located here:
https://blanket.virk.dk/blanketservice/orbeon/fr/public/drone-registration-outside-built-up-areas-english/new
Please note, there is a fee for registering - 15DKK which is approx. 2Euros. It can be paid by credit card.

Step 6: Once you successfully took the test and registered your drone, you will receive an email (usually within 24 hours) that confirms your drone is registered with the Danish authorities. The last thing to do is to LABEL your drone (name, passport #, phone # and the Drone Operator ID received after passing the test)

Step 7: you can check the No-Fly zones on https://www.droneluftrum.dk/ . There is also a mobile app with the same name that can be installed on mobile phones and will provide you with no-fly zones.

By the way, you need insurance too.

So, I was traveling by plane to Denmark. I took my Spark in my cabin baggage. The batteries were kept in fireproof bags. There were no issues at the airports or with the airline operators.

The main issue that I had was the wind. During 7 days in Denmark was extremely windy - 25Km/h with gusts going up to 30Km/h. A bit much for a 300g drone like the Spark. But despite the windy conditions, I couldn't leave Denmark without a souvenir:

https://youtu.be/3t90A5iy0tA

I hope this was useful.

Thanks!

order on flights with drones in built up areas.pdf

142.22 KB, Down times: 24

order on flights with drones outside built up areas.pdf

121.81 KB, Down times: 17

awareness test.pdf

108.33 KB, Down times: 34

2019-4-23
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Great information
2019-4-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely put together
2019-4-25
Use props
dj_dread
Second Officer
Romania

Thanks jacksonnai!
2019-4-28
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

You're welcome
2019-4-29
Use props
dj_dread
Second Officer
Romania

Thanks AJ!
2019-5-2
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're very welcome
2019-5-24
Use props
Allan Meineche
lvl.1
Flight distance : 251224 ft
Germany

Just wanted to chime in.

I live in Denmark and recently bought a Mavic Pro second hand and have been having a lot of fun with.

It's regarding the map on droneluftrum.dk (Naviair) and the app (Google Play / App Store): The map is updated on a regular basis.

Denmark is a small country, so if there's military exercises/games, you'll have to be aware at least an hour in advance. I didn't know this, but my neighbour who flies drones for a living (engineer/surveyor) told me.

Where I live is relatively close to a military air base, so I have to look out. Just wanted to let everybody else know this as well, so you don't check it once and get a nasty surprise if a F-16 pilot called you in.

Have fun :-)
2019-7-9
Use props
dj_dread
Second Officer
United States

Allan Meineche Posted at 7-9 11:29
Just wanted to chime in.

I live in Denmark and recently bought a Mavic Pro second hand and have been having a lot of fun with.

that is a very good advice!
thanks!
2019-7-20
Use props
G37 Mavic Pro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49741 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing, great  capture of the Denmark Bridge.
2019-7-31
Use props
dj_dread
Second Officer
Romania

G37 Mavic Pro Posted at 7-31 10:39
Thanks for sharing, great  capture of the Denmark Bridge.

thank you!
2019-8-14
Use props
ivanvallecr
New

Hello Everyone,

I will be traveling to Denmark next week and I have been trying to register my drone, but unfortunately I keep getting a "Service Temporarily Unavailable" every time I try to access the links above. Questions:

What will happen if I take my drone to Denmark without any registration? Will the authorities take it off from me? Or would they allow me to take it with me?

Thank you.
2019-9-11
Use props
dj_dread
Second Officer

ivanvallecr Posted at 9-11 07:50
Hello Everyone,

I will be traveling to Denmark next week and I have been trying to register my drone, but unfortunately I keep getting a "Service Temporarily Unavailable" every time I try to access the links above. Questions:

hi there,
i just saw that error. i am not sure why is happening.
if not registered and caught flying you may receive a fine.
2019-9-16
Use props
tricado
New

Poland

Thanks for the collected information!
2019-12-21
Use props
dj_dread
Second Officer
United States