Ronin S and hdmi monitor on Sony A7III
5999 5 2019-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BigMuddyMotion
New
United States

I'm having an issue with the sony A7III when connected to my Ronin-S. I'm running a smallHD focus 5 Monitor that plugs into the HDMI port.  As soon as I plug the Ronin into the cameras USB-C the monitor goes blank. The ronin works like its supposed to but I lose my external monitor. Are there some settings I don't have set correctly? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2019-4-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi BigMuddyMotion, when connecting external monitor and Ronin-S via MCC-C cable at the same time, the Sony camera will enter the PC mode, it doesn't support dual output, this is the limitation of the Sony camera, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-4-24
Use props
fansb01a1440
lvl.1

Is there an update that is planned to fix this so you use focus wheel and monitor?
2019-9-6
Use props
fansab217db9
New

France

Hello,

I am coming to this post for updates... is someone had found a solution for using both focus wheel and external monitor with a Sony A7III? Anything from DJI or Sony?

Thanks
2020-10-8
Use props
djiuser_M4jrN9ym33V2
New

United States

I found a effective solution. Use Infrared connector cable that comes with the ronin and attach cord near your camera sensor so basically treating your camera as a incompatible camera but allows you to use monitor! Hope this helps if you find a more effective way lmk

Tried to upload a video but format wasn’t supported sorry
2021-1-30
Use props
ELProduction
lvl.1

Malaysia

djiuser_M4jrN9ym33V2 Posted at 1-30 02:24
I found a effective solution. Use Infrared connector cable that comes with the ronin and attach cord near your camera sensor so basically treating your camera as a incompatible camera but allows you to use monitor! Hope this helps if you find a more effective way lmk

Tried to upload a video but format wasn’t supported sorry

I try to find solution for this too, but but using the IR cable, you cant pull focus using the wheel without the mcc-c cable right?
2021-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules