574 3 2019-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
coxr1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32178 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

Can I use the centre connection on the controller to connect my nexus 7 ?
If so, what lead type will I need...micro usb to standard usb ?

Thanks
Roger
2019-4-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Roger . Thank you for reaching out.  Upon checking the mobile device Nexus 7. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is still not recommended for your DJI Mavic Air as of the moment. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Nexus 7 will be able to work with the said drone, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Mavic Air and with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the Nexus 7 when in use with the said device and with the said application and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. Thank you.

2019-4-23
Use props
coxr1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32178 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-23 07:58
Hello and good day Roger . Thank you for reaching out.  Upon checking the mobile device Nexus 7. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is still not recommended for your DJI Mavic Air as of the moment. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Nexus 7 will be able to work with the said drone, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Mavic Air and with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the Nexus 7 when in use with the said device and with the said application and if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any inconvenience and any problem. Thank you.

[view_image]

Many thanks for your detailed reply, clearly I will need to think about another tablet.

Can I ask if you can clarify the use of what is the second connection point (at the base) on the controller and directly to the android tablet for flying ?

Thanks
Roger
2019-4-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

You are very much welcome Roger. The second connection point ( at the base ) on the remote controller is the called the USB / Assitant Video Link Port. This port connects to a mobile device for video downlink via a standard USB Cable. Thank you.
2019-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules