Will a speaker on the drone throw off the compass?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PeterFDJI3
lvl.2
United States

I've always throught a speaker would (and did) throw off the compass on the Phantom and put the drone into a wild flight.

I understand the Mavic now has an option to add a speaker for voices to be broadcast, so perhaps I am wrong.

-Peter

2019-4-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, good day PeterFDJI3. Thank you for the inquiry. We do not recommend modifying or using 3rd party accessories to your drone to prevent any errors or problems. In regards to the Mavic 2 Enterprise, this drone was designed to have its own speaker that will not affect the compass of the said drone when in flight. Thank you for understanding and have a safe and happy flying always!
2019-4-23
Use props
NM_Quad
lvl.4
United States

The antennas in the legs, altimeter, compass, etc. are all sensitive devices and sensors vital for the proper operation of the Phantoms.  Adding anything metalic to the drone is bound to cause interference or blockage and just asking for trouble ... never mind interfering with the weight distribution and center of gravity.  I would strongly discouraging such modifications - though the speaker could be entertaining :-)  There are teflon and mylar almost non-metalic speakers, but beyond the scope of this forum with no guarantee it still wouldn't cause interference.
2019-4-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

What are we broadcasting, from the drone?

How is audio sent to it, to be active?

RedHotPoker
2019-4-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

NM_Quad Posted at 4-23 15:27
The antennas in the legs, altimeter, compass, etc. are all sensitive devices and sensors vital for the proper operation of the Phantoms.  Adding anything metalic to the drone is bound to cause interference or blockage and just asking for trouble ... never mind interfering with the weight distribution and center of gravity.  I would strongly discouraging such modifications - though the speaker could be entertaining :-)  There are teflon and mylar almost non-metalic speakers, but beyond the scope of this forum with no guarantee it still wouldn't cause interference.

'There are teflon and mylar almost non-metalic speakers, but beyond the scope of this forum with no guarantee it still wouldn't cause interference.'

It is near to impossible to construct a speaker that does NOT use a strong permanent magnet in its construction. For the vast majority of speakers, it is an essential part of the construction. However it may be possible to put a shield around the magnet by careful design.
2019-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules