3107 15 2019-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans863c1916
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31125 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I got the new Laowa 9mm with DJI DL Mount for my I2 with X7 ---> https://www.venuslens.net/product/9mm/

Dear DJI, can you create a Lens Profile for this Lens ? Or can we do it somehow ?
2019-4-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for sharing this link and this information with us today. As of the moment we do not have an official Lens Profile for Laowa 9mm. Let me please forward this thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the DJI Inspire 2. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-4-23
Use props
fansc8452019
lvl.1

United States

Hi fans863c1916, Are you are able to control the shutter while this lens is mounted? I can't seem to get control of the shutter no matter what I try.
2019-4-25
Use props
Mulcop CEO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3198504 ft
  • >>>
South Korea

I need it too~ it's so cool lens~
2019-4-25
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

A lense profile won't be doable easy, as the Laowa 9mm has no electronic control at all.
But its interesteing that the X7 switches to a ZUIKO.M 8mm profile when its attached.

Sometimes it messes up shutter and iso settings inside GO4 and freezes these options at all.

The best solution I found to fix it, in these cases, is to power it up with a official DL lens and switch the lenses powered up. This restored the shutter seetings for me.
2019-7-10
Use props
sincabeza
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2508911 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

is there any progress ?
2019-7-19
Use props
Videoinvolo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2485869 ft
  • >>>

Xccccccccc
2019-9-17
Use props
nik317
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11261506 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Stephen Posted at 2019-4-23 10:50
Hello and good day. Thank you for sharing this link and this information with us today. As of the moment we do not have an official Lens Profile for Laowa 9mm. Let me please forward this thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the DJI Inspire 2. Thank you for your valued support.

hi stephen, some news after more than one year?
2020-7-13
Use props
sincabeza
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2508911 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

someone in DJI is still working in Inspire2 project ?
2020-8-23
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

As said before...
The Laowa lens is a fully manual lens. There are no electronics involved. So there can't and never will be a lens profile.
2020-8-23
Use props
#FLX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31125 ft
  • >>>
Germany

well, what I originally meant was that a Lens Profile would help to correct Lens Distortions, Cromatic Abberations...I guess shutter is not possible because this is part of the DL-Lenses right ?
Of course the Lens has no Contacts, but it would be possible to put a Menu Item under "Lens Profile" wich could be manually selected when one attaches the Laowa 9mm...

another thing that is even more urgent to address with the Inspire 2 Setup is:

make it possible to record the proxy files in HD 1920 resolution and OF COURSE USE THE EXACT SAME FILENAME AS THE SSD FILES - otherwise they are useless as proxies...the best would be if the proxy files could be in ProRes Proxy or LT (for people who bought the ProRes License)

2020-8-23
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

#FLX Posted at 8-23 23:05
well, what I originally meant was that a Lens Profile would help to correct Lens Distortions, Cromatic Abberations...I guess shutter is not possible because this is part of the DL-Lenses right ?
Of course the Lens has no Contacts, but it would be possible to put a Menu Item under "Lens Profile" wich could be manually selected when one attaches the Laowa 9mm...

Don't look at the h264/h265 files as proxies.
They can be off by a couple of frames.
Sad but true.

I also doubt dji will spend some work for a non dji lens.
2020-8-24
Use props
ScooterC5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435052 ft
  • >>>
United States

Coyut Posted at 8-23 22:33
As said before...
The Laowa lens is a fully manual lens. There are no electronics involved. So there can't and never will be a lens profile.

Incorrect, just because this is a fully manual lens, doesn't mean there can't be a lens profile. The only thing manual about this lens is aperture control. A lens profile from DJI to simply 'recognize' this lens would allow the lens to be recognized much more quickly via the Go4 app (currently takes about 40 seconds) and also would keep the video settings from being reset (defaults to CDNG, WB auto, 29.97fps, photos to jpg (not RAW), etc.). All other lenses with a lens profile from DJI are recognized instantly and the settings stick... and there is no issue with adjust shutter on all other lenses as well. Everyone fully gets that aperture control is not possible via the app with this lens.
2020-8-26
Use props
ScooterC5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435052 ft
  • >>>
United States

Coyut Posted at 8-24 22:28
Don't look at the h264/h265 files as proxies.
They can be off by a couple of frames.
Sad but true.

DJI already spent time supporting many other non-DJI lenses like the Oly 12mm, 25mm, and 45mm... They all have lens profiles.
2020-8-26
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

ScooterC5 Posted at 8-26 08:55
DJI already spent time supporting many other non-DJI lenses like the Oly 12mm, 25mm, and 45mm... They all have lens profiles.

Yes, they were supported as their rebranded stock lens is also a Oly and were speaking the same protocol ;)
They also all were electronic.
The Laowa DL is a great lens for some special occasions. But look at the numbers of Laowa DL lenses in use out there. Def. not worth for them.
First they would need to change the app so in case of no dedected lens you could choose manually. But the pins actually give false feedback from the blank metal. This is why you sometimes see a 24mm in the app.
You can also correct anything in post ;)
I'm with you about loosing settings. But were used to that with X7 and X5S anyway. You always have to check everything anyway as settings can and will be lost sometimes.

2020-8-27
Use props
AIRWORKS.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5872635 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have this strange problem where by my 16mm and 35mm when out in the X7 use the profile from the 9mm and until I put the 24mm on then one of these lenses it won’t change, any idea how to fix this it’s really frustrating?
E29C8B61-E349-4DB3-9397-00584FE416A6.jpeg
2023-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules