Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Any MA users still fly their spark or tello as well?
6248 13 2019-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PMPS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 243675 ft

United Kingdom

Hi Everyone
So my original plan had been to progress via tello and spark to a mavic but in the end I jumped straight to the Mavic Air (which I absolutely love).
But I am still somehow tempted to get a spark and/or tello in addition as I can imagine situations where I might use one of these (e.g less to lose if a slightly risky camera shot goes wrong, more discreet if people are around) but I have noticed that many seem to discard the little cousins totally when they get an MA.
So basically I am interested in knowing whether anyone with the MA still has kept and still uses one of their smaller drones (and if so how often and what for)?

Cheers

Paul
2019-4-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Paul. Thank you for choosing DJI and for reaching out. The DJI Spark is one of the best consumer drone DJI has produced. I hope that our valued DJI co pilots can give out there experience regarding this matter. In addition I will be posting a link where in you can check the overview and the specifications for the DJI Spark. Thank you for your support.

https://www.dji.com/spark?site=brandsite&from=nav
2019-4-23
Use props
3BEPb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165928 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sold my spark. After I got mavic air it was sitting in a closet with no chance to fly. But you are right. Its better to fly your back up first to see how it goes. Especially on authonomous Litchi flights.
2019-4-23
Use props
Pheobus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3054 ft
United States

My first and only drone is the Mavic Air.  I am thinking of getting a Tello to use indoors for when the weather is bad outdoors.
2019-4-23
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have owned both. Purchased the Tello firstly, gave that away to a friend when I purchased the Spark.  Flew the Spark for almost a year and sold it when I ordered the Air. The Spark is quieter in flight than the Air, but think that even if I had the Spark, the lower image quality, shorter flight times and less signal range would mean that I would rarely, if ever fly the Spark before the Air. My advice would be not to buy a Spark now, new, unless at a very good price. It’s long in the tooth for a tech product. Save your cash for when you want / need the better camera on the newer DJI Drones or more batteries for your air. Good luck in your decision.
2019-4-23
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I still fly me Tello and sold my Spark.
2019-4-23
Use props
Cepheroh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1691959 ft

Malaysia

I still keep my tello with mavic air
2019-4-23
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Given that the Air is smaller when folded and smashes the Spark out of the water in almost every way, I wouldn't waste your money on a Spark if you already have the Air. For the sheer fun of flying without the headache of losing nearly a grand if you crash I'd get yourself a Tello as a second drone. Alternatively, keep the Air as a second drone and continue moving up the chain to the bigger, more powerful drones such as the Mavic 2's if your budget can stretch in that direction.
2019-4-25
Use props
CasualDronePilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

Flying my Spark since it's the only drone I have at the moment. Will upgrade to a Mavic 2 later, but I'll keep the Spark anyway. Like it too much to let it go.
2019-7-7
Use props
Koolaid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5397 ft

United States

I have both a spark and a platinum and use them both equity. I can't see the difference between the the still pictures or video
2019-8-19
Use props
BA Drone Dude
lvl.2

Only DJI-ish drone I have is my Tello. The camera can take some pretty stunning shots and the drone flies great. It's cheap but surprisingly good for the small pricetag. I like the idea of the Mavic Air but my pockets are currently near empty and I haven't had any reasons to ditch my Tello
2019-10-7
Use props
el_Luna
lvl.1

Ukraine

I gave my spark to niece. She looked like the happiest girl on Earth.
2020-1-30
Use props
Rogersk8ter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1923 ft

Indonesia

Never look back
2020-3-11
Use props
Martyzion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1976608 ft
United States

I still use the Spark.  I take stills more than video and I can't see a major difference in the pictures.  I also can maintain VLOS with it better than the Air but that's probably because it's what I'm used to.
2020-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules