How long is DJI going to keep my M210???
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_j8TwU2G3g0oL
lvl.2
United States

So I had some ongoing problems and finally went through the dealership to get an RMA once I received a “deserializer disconnection hardware malfunction” error.

I sent in my drone and my thermal because the thermals gimbal was slow. Anyway, I’ve received two emails on the M210 stating that the remote controller core board module is not in stock and has to be ordered from the H.Q. in China. OK, stuff happens, but no one can even give me an estimated date as to when that part might come in....

Meanwhile it took until the second week and several emails for me to find out that my thermal is at FLIR and has been for over a week, though I’ve received no status update on that, only an outdated tracking number which tells me it arrived at FLIR.

So how long can or will DJI keep my drone? This doesn’t seem right as my warranty is wasting away in DJI’s shop AND I cannot perform work with my business.

I am really close to the point of contacting my insurance company and seeing if I can file a claim for a total loss on it and having DJI deal with the insurance company.
2019-4-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sir, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. I managed to get your case number via the forum information and escalated to the management for better assistance. They will review and contact you during working time soon.
2019-4-23
Use props
djiuser_j8TwU2G3g0oL
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 4-23 18:01
Sir, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. I managed to get your case number via the forum information and escalated to the management for better assistance. They will review and contact you during working time soon.

Thank you, I really hope that I can get back to work soon with my M210 and thermal. Some contracts are coming up and I don’t want to miss the opportunity considering we are the only company in our area with the capabilities of an M210.

Again thank you and hopefully I hear something soon.
2019-4-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_j8TwU2G3g0oL Posted at 4-23 19:05
Thank you, I really hope that I can get back to work soon with my M210 and thermal. Some contracts are coming up and I don’t want to miss the opportunity considering we are the only company in our area with the capabilities of an M210.

Again thank you and hopefully I hear something soon.

I understand your situation and very sorry for the inconvenience caused. The management will contact you soon and we'll keep following up. Hope we can figure this out soon.
2019-4-24
Use props
djiuser_j8TwU2G3g0oL
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 4-24 01:11
I understand your situation and very sorry for the inconvenience caused. The management will contact you soon and we'll keep following up. Hope we can figure this out soon.

I received two emails, both stating the same thing about my thermal. That was that it was being fixed, though one email had a monetary breakdown like my Matrice email had. However, unlike the Matrice email where it stated what was wrong, how much the parts cost and how much I would be charged, all of it was $0 yet “something” on it is “being fixed”.

I have yet to receive any word on my Matrice 210 since originally posting this.
2019-4-25
Use props
djiuser_j8TwU2G3g0oL
lvl.2
United States

I've been in contact with my insurance on this to see what my policy states. Considering I have paid a years worth of a premium and not just a 15 minutes here and there, they did state that I do have physical damage coverage and are suggesting I submit a claim. However, this will put me out some cash, which again is not the route I want to go and I would imagine considering that the insurance company knows where the drone is, the situation, etc. that they would be in contact with DJI on this matter as well.

I honestly do not want to submit a claim with my insurance company, but I have not received any word on my Matrice and even if I did and the estimated time were another month, that is still money I am out considering clients and most likely a state contract (not kidding on the contract as we are the only company in the area that is a sole proprietor woman owned business AND has a Matrice - well had*/has'ish, eventually with have again, you know what I am saying).

So if DJI can't replace the faulty part in any sort of normal time, is it possible to get a replacement Matrice? My Matrice had barely been flown, that info is easily pulled up on my flight logs on the drone.

I'll wait for a few more days until I file a claim, but I sincerely hope to hear something on the "Matrice" and soon.

Thank you
2019-4-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_j8TwU2G3g0oL Posted at 4-25 18:09
I've been in contact with my insurance on this to see what my policy states. Considering I have paid a years worth of a premium and not just a 15 minutes here and there, they did state that I do have physical damage coverage and are suggesting I submit a claim. However, this will put me out some cash, which again is not the route I want to go and I would imagine considering that the insurance company knows where the drone is, the situation, etc. that they would be in contact with DJI on this matter as well.

I honestly do not want to submit a claim with my insurance company, but I have not received any word on my Matrice and even if I did and the estimated time were another month, that is still money I am out considering clients and most likely a state contract (not kidding on the contract as we are the only company in the area that is a sole proprietor woman owned business AND has a Matrice - well had*/has'ish, eventually with have again, you know what I am saying).

So sorry for the troubles. Your request will be forwarded to the management for further review, the team will keep following up your case.
2019-4-26
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

djiuser_j8TwU2G3g0oL Posted at 4-25 18:09
I've been in contact with my insurance on this to see what my policy states. Considering I have paid a years worth of a premium and not just a 15 minutes here and there, they did state that I do have physical damage coverage and are suggesting I submit a claim. However, this will put me out some cash, which again is not the route I want to go and I would imagine considering that the insurance company knows where the drone is, the situation, etc. that they would be in contact with DJI on this matter as well.

I honestly do not want to submit a claim with my insurance company, but I have not received any word on my Matrice and even if I did and the estimated time were another month, that is still money I am out considering clients and most likely a state contract (not kidding on the contract as we are the only company in the area that is a sole proprietor woman owned business AND has a Matrice - well had*/has'ish, eventually with have again, you know what I am saying).

This is typical for DJI. Until people move away from using DJI as the standard it won't change.

Your thermal camera will take about 4-5 weeks to be fully repaired. It goes to DJI in CA, then to one of FLIR's locations. Like you, I receive no update for weeks at a time until sporadically 4-5 weeks later I was told it was being shipped back.

I refuse to buy/operate the M200 series for a multitude of reasons. The fact that you received it that way from DJI shows just how little they care about the actual airworthiness of UA operating in the US NAS
2019-4-26
Use props
djiuser_j8TwU2G3g0oL
lvl.2
United States

Well, had a call from China last week assuring me that my thermal and my Matrice would be handled early this week (as in parts for the Matrice would be in L.A. early this week and that my drone was “prioritized” to be fixed).

I received an email on Monday stating that the thermal had been repaired and it would take 1-2 days to ship (no update since) and absolutely nothing on the Matrice.

I have had to turn down work now and have missed a call where my Thermal and Matrice could have been used to locate missing people in a river.

What is being done and what will be done to correct this? Again my warranty now has had almost a month wasted in a DJI shop and now I’ve had to turn down work....

EDIT: Please either email me or respond here. While I appreciate the effort in the call, it was very difficult to understand the tech support guy who called.

Thank you
2019-5-1
Use props
djiuser_j8TwU2G3g0oL
lvl.2
United States

As an update, our company has been requested again to provide “eyes in the sky” with our thermal and x5S on a 20 acre fuels management burn.

It is one of our local fire departments that we have gotten some good rapport with and they want us (as we are the only drone company in the area with our diverse services).

Can you guys please help make this happen or what should I tell them?
2019-5-1
Use props
dtracey78
lvl.2
United States

Checked both case numbers and still no update...

So, ya, if I have no word on this by tomorrow, I’ll be filing that insurance claim under either a stolen drone or a permanent hardware malfunction (whichever the insurance company chooses).

Then I’ll be working with them to see what avenues I can take to recover my deductible.

Needless to say, I’m extremely disappointed with DJI, not only with the post sales customer support, but this caliber drone shouldn’t have had these issues. Moreover, parts on hand is something any shop has or at the very least has quick access to (yes, I’ve worked in a few mechanic shops).
2019-5-2
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
United States

If you'd like some alternate solutions, like professional sUAS NOT produced by a chinese toy drone company, shoot me a PM and I'll provide some recommendations.

These sUAS should not be making it into the hands of gov't officials. You'd think there would be a common sense factor, but when the FAA takes $ from DJI and lets them rule the market I guess who cares anymore?
2019-5-2
Use props
dtracey78
lvl.2
United States

I just got informed on Facebook that the parts still aren’t in. The thermal is fixed, but DJI will not send it back because the drone is not ready.

So DJI admins, you can pass this case number along to your supervisors: # 697093. It is a Better Business Bureau complaint against the DJI repair center where my Matrice is located.

I’m supposed to be having “someone” get in touch with me (again) on this and as a heads up. If you guys can’t fix my Matrice 210 and send it back, I’m expecting a “new” (not refurbished) replacement.

If the customer service rep says that isn’t possible, I’ll post the insurance claim number here for you.

And Hyper, if you are so anti-DJI to the point you want people to PM you for “alternative brands” that you feel the need to just randomly pop into peoples threads for no other reason than to contribute only that. Well, that’s an awful lot of effort for something someone does like. Maybe I’m old, but life’s too short to troll it away.
2019-5-3
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
United States

dtracey78 Posted at 5-3 06:07
I just got informed on Facebook that the parts still aren’t in. The thermal is fixed, but DJI will not send it back because the drone is not ready.

So DJI admins, you can pass this case number along to your supervisors: # 697093. It is a Better Business Bureau complaint against the DJI repair center where my Matrice is located.

I certainly do a lot more than rag on DJI in every post, as important as that is in the US NAS right now.

I'm going to ignore your comments for the most part and leave you with this: be very careful fostering attitudes reminiscent of Apple's blind fan-base "You're stupid, Apple is god and you just don't know anything"
2019-5-3
Use props
dtracey78
lvl.2
United States

HyperSpectral Posted at 5-3 09:15
I certainly do a lot more than rag on DJI in every post, as important as that is in the US NAS right now.

I'm going to ignore your comments for the most part and leave you with this: be very careful fostering attitudes reminiscent of Apple's blind fan-base "You're stupid, Apple is god and you just don't know anything"

Good thing I use that lump three feet above my bum. I just don’t need a cheering squad behind me trying to steer me in “their” direction.

I’m too old, too tired and don’t have the patience to play that game anymore.
2019-5-3
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
United States

dtracey78 Posted at 5-3 09:37
Good thing I use that lump three feet above my bum. I just don’t need a cheering squad behind me trying to steer me in “their” direction.

I’m too old, too tired and don’t have the patience to play that game anymore.

I have no direction to steer you. I have information to provide and recommendations to be made based on my experience and education in the aviation industry. I'm not sure why you think I have some sales angle in this. I have a personal stake in the safety culture we embed in the NAS, that's the only "direction" I'm trying to steer anyone in.
You should also realize that I'm making these posts for the future readers of this thread.
2019-5-3
Use props
dtracey78
lvl.2
United States

HyperSpectral Posted at 5-3 18:25
I have no direction to steer you. I have information to provide and recommendations to be made based on my experience and education in the aviation industry. I'm not sure why you think I have some sales angle in this. I have a personal stake in the safety culture we embed in the NAS, that's the only "direction" I'm trying to steer anyone in.
You should also realize that I'm making these posts for the future readers of this thread.

Forgive me for the misunderstanding then on your second post about buying “professional sUAS’” and to pm you if I wanted recommendations. Because to me, that does sound like you have some skin in the game and that’s only because I’ve read other threads and stumbled into your posts saying the same thing, lol.

That aside, I have my own choices for heavy lift, though at $250k it will be awhile and I also have my own choices for fully waterproof high def applications, both of which are different from one another and neither are DJI. Each are separate tools for different jobs at any given time.

With all that said, none of it gets me any closer to getting my Matrice back or a replacement issued now does it?
2019-5-3
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
United States

dtracey78 Posted at 5-3 18:56
Forgive me for the misunderstanding then on your second post about buying “professional sUAS’” and to pm you if I wanted recommendations. Because to me, that does sound like you have some skin in the game and that’s only because I’ve read other threads and stumbled into your posts saying the same thing, lol.

That aside, I have my own choices for heavy lift, though at $250k it will be awhile and I also have my own choices for fully waterproof high def applications, both of which are different from one another and neither are DJI. Each are separate tools for different jobs at any given time.

Nope, but it may get you closer to the realization that you either have to 1) have multiple systems to maintain customer satisfaction with improved reliability (hopefully) while unfortunately supporting DJI, or 2) stop using DJI's products that have already proven to lose you money and invest in a higher grade product that ideally saves you time and money in frustration

2019-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules