1489 19 2019-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

How much better is Litchi over Go4?  I have confidence of using other premium apps because DroneDeploy works flawlessly but only w/ the Mavic.  The Spark cannot get detected on DroneDeploy.
2019-4-23
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I had problems with Litchi so I refunded it before it was too late.   I could change the maximum radius but when it got to changing the maximum height from 50m to 500m or even 400m it said not connected to aircraft.  Also the battery life bar doesn't really work as there are no Home point on the bar.  I got scared and went back to Go4.
2019-4-23
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

Thank you for creating this thread. I am a new Litchi user and was wondering why I was getting the "not connected to aircraft" message yesterday when I was trying to increase the default max. altitude set at 50m. However, I did manage to fly above 50m when I was flying manually and also while doing a small waypoint mission. So it is really surprising to see that message pop up. For me it is too early to say whether Litchi is better than DJI GO 4 but I surely like a few of its features which are missing in the GO4 app for the Spark, viz. Course Lock, Home Lock, Waypoints.

2019-4-23
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

For the Spark, Litchi is a great app for missions.
Afaik, no other app gets you the option, to plan a mission on a computer.
Also, in case you have several flight devices, litchi is syncing the mission (not the orbits, unfortunately) you plan, or have flown, to all devices.
Which gets you the option, to use a bigger tablet in the field, for correcting it, if needed ;-)

I had for some missions, in the beginning, trouble with setting max heights.
But: the setting is in the bird, so set it to 500m with the Go4 and after that it should work fine in any litchi setting!
2019-4-23
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 4-23 22:22
For the Spark, Litchi is a great app for missions.
Afaik, no other app gets you the option, to plan a mission on a computer.
Also, in case you have several flight devices, litchi is syncing the mission (not the orbits, unfortunately) you plan, or have flown, to all devices.

The fact it gives you options for things you can't change is scary to me.
2019-4-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

AntDX316 Posted at 4-24 07:45
The fact it gives you options for things you can't change is scary to me.

Explain, please!
2019-4-24
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Like being able to go 30° or 35° above gimbal pitch that you can only do on the Mavics.   Like giving the option to change altitude height in the app but it saying no connection to aircraft.  Probably other things too but I'm worried it would brick or something in the air.  It Has to be seamless like DroneDeploy but that is $99 a month!  I'm trying to master it quick to see if I can make money using it.
2019-4-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for sharing this information with us today and for you insights. Just a friendly reminder that we do not recommend using 3rd part applications like the Litchi  application when flying your DJI drones for compatibility and reliability purposes. Using 3rd party applications might cause harm on the said drone and can void the warranty as well Have a safe and happy flying always. Thank you.
2019-4-24
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 4-24 09:30
Hello and good day. Thank you for sharing this information with us today and for you insights. Just a friendly reminder that we do not recommend using 3rd part applications like the Litchi  application when flying your DJI drones for compatibility and reliability purposes. Using 3rd party applications might cause harm on the said drone and can void the warranty as well Have a safe and happy flying always. Thank you.

The 6-way collision detection w/ the DJI drone and battery meter being accurate is very important to me so I just use the DJI Go4 app unless I'm 3D modeling with DroneDeploy.  : )
2019-4-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

AntDX316 Posted at 4-24 14:48
The 6-way collision detection w/ the DJI drone and battery meter being accurate is very important to me so I just use the DJI Go4 app unless I'm 3D modeling with DroneDeploy.  : )

Thank you for the additional information provided. Have a safe and happy flying always!
2019-4-24
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-24 15:59
Thank you for the additional information provided. Have a safe and happy flying always!

yeah thx : )
2019-4-24
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Japan

AntDX316 Posted at 4-24 14:48

Are you saying you totally rely on the battery meter to tell you when you should fly back home? Sorry mate, but I don't think that's a good idea.
2019-4-24
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

nilanjan118 Posted at 4-24 16:35
Are you saying you totally rely on the battery meter to tell you when you should fly back home? Sorry mate, but I don't think that's a good idea.

yeah, I need to know because sometimes I get carried away and I'm a lot further than I should be especially when the signal is good and it feels like's only 20 feet away
2019-4-24
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Japan

AntDX316 Posted at 4-24 16:41
yeah, I need to know because sometimes I get carried away and I'm a lot further than I should be especially when the signal is good and it feels like's only 20 feet away

I understand the feeling. Been there done that. But features like low-battery RTH are emergency features. It is not right to make a habit of relying on them always. Having said that, I totally understand the point you are trying to make. I noticed the difference too on Litchi but it is certainly not a deal breaker for me.
2019-4-24
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

nilanjan118 Posted at 4-24 17:07
I understand the feeling. Been there done that. But features like low-battery RTH are emergency features. It is not right to make a habit of relying on them always. Having said that, I totally understand the point you are trying to make. I noticed the difference too on Litchi but it is certainly not a deal breaker for me.

When I started flying drones we Had no indicator whatsoever.  We basically had to time how long the flight would be and read the voltages after.  Still need to do some of the other rc models I have.
2019-4-24
Use props
nilanjan118
Second Officer
Japan

AntDX316 Posted at 4-24 17:09
When I started flying drones we Had no indicator whatsoever.  We basically had to time how long the flight would be and read the voltages after.  Still need to do some of the other rc models I have.

I know. It's the same with our cars these days, isn't it? There are so many automatic features that driving no longer requires the skill set which drivers from one generation back had.
2019-4-24
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Litchi for waypoints 100%. Dji go4 for everything else.
2019-4-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

You're welcome!
2019-4-25
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

nilanjan118 Posted at 4-24 17:15
I know. It's the same with our cars these days, isn't it? There are so many automatic features that driving no longer requires the skill set which drivers from one generation back had.

but the automatic features of collision detection is very important as getting lost in the shot setup becomes a reality for me

sometimes I focus too hard that I neglect certain things which could easily mean a negative outcome
2019-4-25
Use props
SlowSL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8409 ft
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 4-24 08:34
Like being able to go 30° or 35° above gimbal pitch that you can only do on the Mavics.   Like giving the option to change altitude height in the app but it saying no connection to aircraft.  Probably other things too but I'm worried it would brick or something in the air.  It Has to be seamless like DroneDeploy but that is $99 a month!  I'm trying to master it quick to see if I can make money using it.

I received that error when I wasn't connected to the AC.  After some research and when I was able to connect to the AC, then I could change the settings.  A lot of the settings are actually stored on the AC, so you must be connected for the settings to stick.
I've had complete app crashes a few times on Go 4 for various reasons, never with Litchi.  I was able to re-open the app right away and connect before RTH was triggered.  Had I been low over water, the spark may have lowered right into the water like others have reported due to the sensors not picking up on the water surface.  I always make sure I'm using a RC now, just in case.
As others have mentioned, Litchi is amazing for waypoint missions, but for general flying and camera shots, Go 4.
2019-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules